jman26
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
X5 msport thoughts after pickup

I took delivery of my f15 msport a week ago. This site was very helpful with my making the right decisions in regards to options. Thank you to everyone that helped. Below are my thoughts and observations after drivig this thing for a week and remebering many of the debates and questions on this site.

I did PCD amd it was a great experience. I am not going to detail the day as there are many similar and accurate accounts already in this site. I will only say, they driving excercises should be more abundant. Meaning it was over to quickly. The two hour i troduction to your car is awesome. If you do PCD and dont head to moonshiner 28 and tail of the dragon after PCD you are doing yourself a diservice.

Many people have debated the looks of the mew f15. I agreed the back of the old one looks nicer than the new one. That is until you park the new one next to a 2011 everyday. My coworker has the previous model and we park next to each other. It is now apparent the new 2014 body style makes the legacy look just a little dated and you begin to like all the new lines quickly.

It appears the driver asst plus adds the lcd instrument cluster and it is really cool. Others have detailed pictures in this forum on this.

Driver asst plus is awesome. I only wanted blind spot assist. However the other features onnit are pretty cool. The advanced collision warning for vehicles brsking infront of you amd you mot reacting is really cool. Top view camera isreally nice as well. If you csnt park this car w top view you shouldnt be driving

Technology system is awesome. Voice prompts work better than anything i have experienced to date. Google voice search is awesome. Ability to make this system your mobile office is awesome. The traffic updates are really awesome as well. Works much better than other systems.

Car does come w led lights everywhere outside except the main angel headlamps. Looks great at night and i dont see a need for the full lighting pkg unless you really need the adsptive headlights.

Hud is really cool.

Steering. Big debate. I have active steering. It os a cool function that requires less effort to maneuver at lower speeds. Steering is a little loose compared to previous models. Sport mode helps tighten up the steerimg some. Sport+ on msport really really tightens up the steerimg.

At PCD i sat in all three seat options. Base seat is vastly improved and very comfortable. Sport seats are even better and are a nice upgrade from stock seat. Comfort seats are very nice as well.

I had at first ordered xline w comfort seats and changed to msport w sport seats. Imo the msport adds alot more value for same price to trade comfort seats for sport seats.

Msport sterrimg wheel is awesome.

Msport wheels are nice 19 inch

Exhaust pipe on msport is really nice

Heated seats are very powerful

Car is super fast and smooth. Sport+ makes a big difference in throttle response

Key on msport is really cool. Even the girl at bmw service cou ter commented on it.

Ceramic controls are awesome
Finger drawing input on touch idrive is awesome

Car is awesome. I have driven porsche, audi, benz, rrs when looking at the f15. Imo this car is most advanced car all around to date. Gadgets inside blow rrs out of the water. F15 handles like cayenne w better off road. Bemz doesnt compare. Audi is audi.

This is all IMO. Car is awesoe.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Congrats! Can't wait for mine to arrive in December!

Z.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Great post, thanks.

People are going to start yelling at you to post pics soon though lol
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Agree

Last edited by patrobX5; 11-15-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

I agree with almost all of your impressions. The car drives very well, but I wish there were a bit more steering effort. The steering seems pretty accurate, it's just too light.

The Driver Assistance and Driver Assistance Plus packages are worth the cost IMO. The tech works very well and give the car a luxurious and "next-gen" feel.

Months ago, when I heard about the interior ambient lighting, I though that it would be gimmicky and that I'd turn it off immediately. It's actually pretty cool. It gives the car a really nice atmosphere when driving at night. I use the orange/white/orange setting which goes really well with the LCD instrument cluster.

Also, you mention the lighting package adding adaptive headlights. I believe the standard headlights are adaptive Xenons. The lighting package has LED headlights and automatic high beams.

Overall, I'm also very pleased with the new X5.

Last edited by AEC; 11-15-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

How reliable are you guys finding the safety features of the driver assist packages? I found in the demo I drove, it allowed me to go a good 2 feet over the newly painted bright as could be yellow line before the lane departure triggered. Worried it may give a false sense of security (and possibly some laziness as a result) so opted to skip it.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
How reliable are you guys finding the safety features of the driver assist packages? I found in the demo I drove, it allowed me to go a good 2 feet over the newly painted bright as could be yellow line before the lane departure triggered. Worried it may give a false sense of security (and possibly some laziness as a result) so opted to skip it.
Maybe there was something wrong with the demo? Mine is very responsive. I can't go over the line at all with out the steering wheel rumbling. Same with the blind spot monitor. I'd strongly recommend getting the package for safety reasons. It's expensive, but well worth the money, IMO.
Appreciate 0