BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-05-2016, 11:36 PM   #1
socialpro
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i Sparkling Gr / Coral

Anybody in the Phoenix Area with an X5M?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Seriously considering purchasing one as my DD and would love to meet up with someone to take a look at theirs! Do not like the high pressure sales environment of BMW Scottsdale and they do not test drive their M's!

Anyone willing to help would be great! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

How on earth do they sell cars?

Insist on a test drive or go elsewhere. If they know you're a serious buyer, they'll let you drive it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Lots of dealers won't let anyone test drive an M. My dealer was the same way until I bought my 2nd one from them!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
Lots of dealers won't let anyone test drive an M. My dealer was the same way until I bought my 2nd one from them!
Crazy. I would somewhat understand rare/in demand M's that are in short supply (like the M2 when it first comes out), but it's not like people are beating down dealers doors to buy X5/X6M's - certainly not in large cities with a lot of volume/competition. I drove 4 of them before deciding at 2 different dealers.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #5
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

If I buy a new M off the lot, I do not expect more than 20 miles on the ODO. I can understand why they wouldn't allow test drives. If they open that flood gate, everyone and their mom would line up to joy ride an M. How do they know if you're serious unless you've done business with them before?

My dealer didn't let me test drive new M models in past. Now that I bought 8 cars from them in the past 5yrs, I can test drive any models including i8s.

I didn't even test drive my X5M when I purchase it, they offered but I didn't feel like bothering them to move the cars around the showroom floor. I just know BMW M division doesn't crank out junk, I would do the same on my next M.

Buy the X5M (or any M models), you'll never look back to a non-M car again.
      01-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #6
socialpro
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i Sparkling Gr / Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
If I buy a new M off the lot, I do not expect more than 20 miles on the ODO. I can understand why they wouldn't allow test drives. If they open that flood gate, everyone and their mom would line up to joy ride an M. How do they know if you're serious unless you've done business with them before?

My dealer didn't let me test drive new M models in past. Now that I bought 8 cars from them in the past 5yrs, I can test drive any models including i8s.

I didn't even test drive my X5M when I purchase it, they offered but I didn't feel like bothering them to move the cars around the showroom floor. I just know BMW M division doesn't crank out junk, I would do the same on my next M.

Buy the X5M (or any M models), you'll never look back to a non-M car again.
Fully agree with you - and if I'm buying a brand new M I would not want it used as a 'test rig' either. And there are def no used examples around at local dealers just yet.

Had luck reaching out before to find local owners through forums with hard to find models to help make my decisions. Not a deal breaker but always helps to at least get a ride (and many times make a new friend in the process) in a 100K+ car before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal574 View Post
Fully agree with you - and if I'm buying a brand new M I would not want it used as a 'test rig' either. And there are def no used examples around at local dealers just yet.

Had luck reaching out before to find local owners through forums with hard to find models to help make my decisions. Not a deal breaker but always helps to at least get a ride (and many times make a new friend in the process) in a 100K+ car before pulling the trigger.
I came from an F80 M3 and I'm super happy with my X5M if that helps. It's just as quick as an M3/M4 (if not faster), handles as well as an E9x M3 (same Nurburgring time of 8m05s), and comfortable as a 750Li in comfort mode (I also had a F02 750Li).

Seriously, no other SUVs can corner at .98g and goes 0-60 in less than 4sec stock.

The best part is, it is rare. There's now only 2 in KC, where I live.

Hope you join the club.
      01-06-2016, 06:07 PM   #8
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
I was just at BMW Scottsdale today dropping off my car and I happened to go upstairs to talk with my sales guy. I've been using Scott Bilgo for 5-6 years and he has been great. Low pressure, no hassle, kinda guy.

Anyway, I was specifically talking to him about the X5M because I am thinking of moving to that from my M5 when the lease is up.

He said that the X5M is selling very well. Only have 3 in stock and no production slots until March.

They have a nice Donington over red in the show room that I was checking out. I didn't ask about a test drive because I have a while until my lease is up, but I have never had a problem getting a test drive in the past.

I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like BMW NS. Have you checked with Chapman BMW?

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #9
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I came from an F80 M3 and I'm super happy with my X5M if that helps. It's just as quick as an M3/M4 (if not faster), handles as well as an E9x M3 (same Nurburgring time of 8m05s), and comfortable as a 750Li in comfort mode (I also had a F02 750Li).

Seriously, no other SUVs can corner at .98g and goes 0-60 in less than 4sec stock.

The best part is, it is rare. There's now only 2 in KC, where I live.

Hope you join the club.
Interesting you were to mention the F80 vs X5M comparison because though 2 completely different cars - are actually the 2 choices I am considering ATM.

What was the reason for you moving into the X5 if you don't mind?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 07:25 PM   #10
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Interesting you were to mention the F80 vs X5M comparison because though 2 completely different cars - are actually the 2 choices I am considering ATM.

What was the reason for you moving into the X5 if you don't mind?
I chose the X5M for luxury, comfort, and practicality (needed an SUV). The F80 is still one of my favorite BMWs of all time.
      01-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #11
pmrmd
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I got my X5M from BMW NS and Scott was my dealer rep. 2016 LBB/Sonoma combo. Right now I think I have the only LBB in town. Saw a white one around once. BMW NS will only have white, black, or grey on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #12
Korntera
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

No test drives? What dealer do you guys go to?
I'm 32, not dressed well, walked into BMW Portland test drove an X6M and signed papers on an X5M that day. No bias no nothing. Told them I was serious, had the money and knew what I wanted. Never bought a car from them before either.
Even test drove a used Ferrari F430 spider last week at Ferrari Portland but they keep hounding me to buy a Ferrari instead of my Lambo.
Find another dealer.
      01-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

I agree with the "go find another dealer" sentiment. I've never had an issue test driving any vehicle. It's always the same process, I tell them what car, they gas it up, hand me the keys saying, "have fun, don't get a speeding ticket", and then I have the vehicle for as long as I like. My husband and I took a brand new M4 for half a day trying to decide if we liked the M4 enough to order one, and a few days before that we had an M6 for the day. I find it astounding reading these posts the lengths some dealerships seem to be going to, to push people away from purchasing a vehicle from them.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #14
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

With an appointment - we happily will drive just about anything at BMW N. Scottsdale.

Consider the following - would you want to buy the X5 M with 200 miles on it that EVERYONE in the world test drove?
Appreciate 0