Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

09-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

GTS aero settings, what do you drive?

Rear wing setting nr. 3 on wing is maximum downforce, its for wet track, hence I go setting nr. 2. Thats maximum for dry track as I read it from manual.
Front I drive maximum pull forward on splitter, and yes I go on street with it. And track.

I notice GTS and my PORSCHE GT4 is same hight from front splitter to ground. Then again when I lower GTS to track setting I will drop 1,5cm and be lower than GT4.

GTS is hard to get in and out of my garage when splitter is out, GT4 can and scrape often but only plastic spoiler, dont mind. GTS need plank under wheels to go in, and out😅
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

how do you compare both cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #3
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Would love to hear your comparo as well as I am quite familiar with GT4 and GTS is only a couple weeks away! Have you been to the 'ring yet with GTS?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
ExxelDistributions
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
how do you compare both cars?
interested in this as well
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

I might try to get something down in regards of GTS vs GT4, but I am poor in english.

What stand out is how on earth did BMW M make porky (ca. 1600kg full fuel no driver) GTS feel so light on its feet? Its a porky car, but it dont feel that way, amazing👍 GT4 is 1430kg full fuel no driver.

GTS recaro is better to sitt in, same same support but much nicer seat comfort, thats how I feel it.
Might ad, only did 500km in slow pace on street.
Today I did lower both seats, big improvment in feel. Feels race.
Overall its a big car vs GT4.
GT4 is loud and very nice sound, GTS is louder and very nice sound.

Suspension and ride is superior in GTS, those KW 3 ways feels very nice on the road. Only driven street setting.
10/10 full pace all ESC off that GT4 is a peach, man I like it. Still my GT4 is stock and understeery like a pig. Hate that. My first impression is GTS will never understeer that much like GT4. And GTS give me signal that it also will be a peach at 10/10 ESC off.

GTS go like stink, feels weird no turbo lag, just drag you forward, fast. I am not a fan of turbo engine, rather like my Old M3 CSL, GT4, GT3 etc, but this engine is special in its own ways, its weird how fast it is. Maclaren 570S did feel laggy, i dont know if I was in wrong mode. GTS is no turbo lag i think. I would prefer a faster more up to date gear Box in GTS.

Instant roll out in the manual GT4 is special, the feeling of conection. GTS soft mode in gearbox and sound, steering etc, well not the same conection. But ramp it up aggressive mode, its conecting very much more I think. Mind you just going soft on street yet.

Here is a lap from me in my GT4 at Nurburgring,
mind you 2015 was speed limits on Döttingerhöe 250, Old flugplatz 200 and Swedenx 250. As well my GT4 is fully stock, no aggressive camber.
Yes, I will go in GTS as well. Should cut 10 seconds very easy.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Oh, might ad, I very much like that BMW did make this car, its in many ways crazy fun that they did put it out. It take some tru entusiasts to pull this of, I mean it like a race car with plates in some respects. That rear wing at nr. 3 angle Max downforce for wet track for instant, you hardly see out of rear when that angle is up. Haha, and that front splitter, when out it could kill some One crossing the street:-). Yes I know we should not drive street fully out, I dont care:-).

That sound in sport +, thats like so loud people get angry, GT4 cant pull that off:-)

I salute BMW M that they did manage to put this beast on the streets in the first place, is It really allowed?👏😆
How many street cars got KW 3 ways from factory? Not many, god on you BMW! This car is special, and I very much like that👍
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Germans

agree with everything you said....

the GT4 is a very cool car indeed, but safe and predictable...the GTS is a bit mental, and a handful. with take a lot more talent to work than a GT4 for sure. its a bit nuts.....in a good/special way.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #8
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Post video when you can of the GTS!

That is some sick driving in the GT4 btw!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #9
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

I would say a stock gt4 is very difficult to drive very fast due to no negative camber and 245 front and to superior rear grip from the 295. Hence it very understeery if you go fast. Then its big problem as you need to constantly back of gaspedal and back of steering to avoid overheating fronts.

As well I would say its rather snappy on the edge if overdrive it when fully ESC off, I would say i drift m4 Gts with more easy then my gt4. then again these thing is personal how One feel iguess.

I always drift the Lidner roundabout in any car i got down at nurburing, here is me in gt4

Gts is next👌
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful View Post
agree with everything you said....

the GT4 is a very cool car indeed, but safe and predictable...the GTS is a bit mental, and a handful. with take a lot more talent to work than a GT4 for sure. its a bit nuts.....in a good/special way.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #10
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Thanks, will hook up a raclogics HD2 in M4 GTS.
I only went 2 laps in gt4 when on new tires, then big crash and track close. As well it was speed limit. Delta for speedlimit in GT4 if in the hands of a solid driver is 3 seconds. 7.25-7.27 btg in stock gt4 would not be to hard. Cut 3-5 sec from that would be hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr265 View Post

Post video when you can of the GTS!

That is some sick driving in the GT4 btw!
Appreciate 0