BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-07-2024, 08:42 PM   #1
G80XOK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition

Gts style tail lights issues (bayoptics )

Anyone else have issues with these lights. Installed them last week and they worked fine. Parked the car for a week took it out today and passenger side doesn’t work. Checked connections and everything is fine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 01:20 PM   #2
specced
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, E36 M3

Who makes these tail lights? Is it vland? If so they probably have a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 05:57 PM   #3
G80XOK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition

Not to sure, still waiting on a response from bayoptics
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 07:55 AM   #4
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XOK View Post
Not to sure, still waiting on a response from bayoptics
look at the back of the tail light there is some numbers and markings which can tell me were the origin is and who makes them .
if you got them from bay optic most likely I know were its from but you would need to go back to them to get it replaced if you just got them most likely the led board resistor or something went out .
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 08:18 AM   #5
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyM4 View Post
look at the back of the tail light there is some numbers and markings which can tell me were the origin is and who makes them .
if you got them from bay optic most likely I know were its from but you would need to go back to them to get it replaced if you just got them most likely the led board resistor or something went out .
can you share some industry knowledge? which china factory makes these things to the highest quality if there is such a thing? bayoptiks is pretty clearly sourcing the same parts that can be found through alibaba or aliexpress and charging double for them, but it's also pretty hard to tell what is what with this stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 09:12 AM   #6
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

[QUOTE=chris3g;31160112]can you share some industry knowledge? which china factory makes these things to the highest quality if there is such a thing? bayoptiks is pretty clearly sourcing the same parts that can be found through alibaba or aliexpress and charging double for them, but it's also pretty hard to tell what is what with this stuff.[/QUOTE

A lot of the parts I see comes from China in fact a majority of parts its finding the right supplier and there are some that are and have great Q/C process - My advice is Look at the sellers rating and time in business but watch for those with fake 5 star ratings in such a short time - meaning 100 plus 5 star in business for 8 months . The ones that have been in business for years is what you want to look for - then there are the counterfeits, guys replicating the same part thats sold by another seller you really got to watch for everything looks the same except lower quality , may not last as long , or simply garbage .
Look for reviews from real customers - Ali has taken steps to fix these issues so the seller cant post fake reviews - All parts are stamped with a series of numbers and product ID I can tell you were its from or origin - you gotta realize there is a small handful of manfactors that make these parts specific to the seller and there are 100's of sellers and 3 factorys - this is just an example ...For the average person I wouldn't buy from Ali Express its just not worth the headache - you buy a part it fails you gotta go through a crazy process maybe you'll get a replacement maybe not and lose money. My advise for anyone is buy it from a reputable vendor in the USA let them take the responsibility you may think its cheaper to buy from Ali but in the long run you'll spend more and should of bought it from a USA Vendor .
Bay Optics in this case should respond back to the buyer and i hope they do .
Appreciate 1
chris3g1706.50