BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Share your X1 / iX1 & X2 / iX2 photos

09-10-2024, 02:22 PM   #903
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 330i, '23 X1, '25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
Damn that’s ugly. Is there a reason for making them like this? Some kind of road/traffic law maybe?
nope. Mercedes has the proper amber/yellow rear turn signals like everybody else.

I guess BMW and Audi wanted to be like ugly American GM and Ford cars with red rear blinker lights?

It's easier for most people to see yellow blinker lights, so I think this is also a safety issue. Unfortunately, BMW doesn't seem to think so.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 02:27 PM   #904
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCover View Post
nope. Mercedes has the proper amber/yellow rear turn signals like everybody else.

I guess BMW and Audi wanted to be like ugly American GM and Ford cars with red rear blinker lights?

It's easier for most people to see yellow blinker lights, so I think this is also a safety issue. Unfortunately, BMW doesn't seem to think so.
Especially on that X5 in the video! if an X5 driver is indicating to turn left, the driver behind them will take longer to notice the brake light as it’s only visible from the right rear lights since the left rear lights are being occupied by the turn signal.

Absolutely daft!

I can’t remember if it was you who posted it, but I now understand the guy trying to install the European version of the rear lights!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 03:53 PM   #905
PedalFasterDummy
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
we have the ugly red rear blinkers. In fact, all BMWs in the US have them. (so do most Audi cars and SUVs here) very, very sad.

at least it's not as bad as the X5's rear blinker, which is also the brake light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaiulF_ofg
Seriously, this kinda stuff bothers people? How often are you sering your own taillights, and trust me zero people on the road notice this.
Appreciate 1
SAS X121.00
      09-10-2024, 04:08 PM   #906
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 330i, '23 X1, '25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalFasterDummy View Post
Seriously, this kinda stuff bothers people? How often are you sering your own taillights, and trust me zero people on the road notice this.
I couldn't care less what color there are. I only care about the fact that amber turn signals are safer than red turn signals.

Even the US government agency, NHTSA, did a study and concluded that amber turn signals are safer.
https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api...ication/811115
Appreciate 1
J-RO2238.00
      09-10-2024, 05:38 PM   #907
X2me
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
that's the best-looking X2 I have ever seen.

will look even better if the front windows are tinted.

Thanks! I think so too!!
Thinking about a slight tint next spring/summer.
Appreciate 1