BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Sound settings & Harman Kardon Light - not changing (issues)

09-13-2024, 07:04 AM   #1
iDoUseTurnSignals
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX1 (U11) xDrive30 M Sport

Sound settings & Harman Kardon Light - not changing (issues)

Hi all

I bought a brand new iX1 (U11) xDrive30 with M Sport package and Harman Kardon soundsystem.

I have 2 questions on the sound settings & interior light, if anyone can help me

1. Sound settings

I like changed the sound settings (increased bass, treble, enabled "enhance sound" etc) and I hear more bass and clearness. But after 30 min of driving, when I changed anything in that sound setting menu to increase bass even more (for example), it doesn't work. It will change on the screen, I see the bass slider (f.e.) moving, but I don't hear a difference. There seems to be a software issue. After a few days, settings change again for a short time, then stuck again.
I have set the settings to my preferences, so no biggie, but it should not be the case, should it?

2. Harman Kardon Plate light:

As I read the forum, you can "disable" the light of Harman Kardon in the interior light settings menu, so the light of HK is the same as your interior light colour. I want this. But I don't see this option on my BMW screen in that menu. It is just not there. I have changed languages, reset system settings, and all does not help.

Besides that, really happy with the car!

Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 07:15 AM   #2
spmcewen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoUseTurnSignals View Post
Hi all

2. Harman Kardon Plate light:

As I read the forum, you can "disable" the light of Harman Kardon in the interior light settings menu, so the light of HK is the same as your interior light colour. I want this. But I don't see this option on my BMW screen in that menu. It is just not there. I have changed languages, reset system settings, and all does not help.
I had this same question and got help in this thread: https://u11.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2082509

It's counterintuitive. I believe you need to turn OFF the speaker setting in the Lighting Events menu, then your HK speaker lights will be on and set to your ambient color.
Appreciate 0