BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2024: Italian GP - Monza (Sep 1)

09-02-2024, 10:50 AM   #397
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Norris won Zandvoort with the latest McLaren upgrades .
And Piastri just got the the lastest upgrades at Monza .

As I said , and that's what we have seen from Piastri at Monza .
In other words : Piastri was suddenly faster, because he got the upgrades too

One thing is for sure , the Papaya car is a bullet (!)
Too bad for the others teams , because they don't know why.....
On top of that (I've said before MAX lost an engine) adding a penalty well before it's time, down on power at Monza as no battery longevity so will need parts for Baku, lousy pit stop and ineffective strat because of that. The only good thing was RUS blunder at start that made MAX finish ahead of him.

Can't see all the hoo haa in PIA coming second and NOR third with FL so only gained 2 points from NOR and ppl thinking of PIA in terms that he somehow maybe won the race...oh he didn't
Appreciate 2
GuidoK12489.00
      09-02-2024, 10:54 AM   #398
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
If you're Red Bull, do you just give up on the RB20 now and focus on either a new concept or trying to address the 20's issues for next year's RB21? I kinda think you do. Max has a big enough lead that he will still coast to the Drivers' Championship but the Constructors' is lost at this point. Or does giving up on 2024 send the wrong message to Max and the team?
I don't want to answer that, let Horner and co at Milton Keynes work that out for themselves.
Appreciate 3
      09-02-2024, 11:11 AM   #399
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
On top of that (I've said before MAX lost an engine) adding a penalty well before it's time, down on power at Monza as no battery longevity so will need parts for Baku, lousy pit stop and ineffective strat because of that. The only good thing was RUS blunder at start that made MAX finish ahead of him.

Can't see all the hoo haa in PIA coming second and NOR third with FL so only gained 2 points from NOR and ppl thinking of PIA in terms that he somehow maybe won the race...oh he didn't
I think his battery issue was that MAX didn't knew if his battery was completely re-loaded (100%) or not .
He got this situation while Lando was pushing hard behind him .
MAX expected to hear a ping from the pitwall when his battery was back to 100% . But his onboard radio remained silent at that monent when it was required.
So he MAX didn't knew if he could push harder or not in his fight with Norris .

As you can read ..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Mr Pete1667.50
M5Rick66289.00
NickyC18944.50
      09-02-2024, 11:47 AM   #400
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
In a car that is driving backwards .
So Verstappen is like Hamilton, right ? They win in a winning car, they go backwards in a bad car. Thank you.
Terry989603.50
      09-02-2024, 11:59 AM   #401
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I think his battery issue was that MAX didn't knew if his battery was completely re-loaded (100%) or not .
He got this situation while Lando was pushing hard behind him .
MAX expected to hear a ping from the pitwall when his battery was back to 100% . But his onboard radio remained silent at that monent when it was required.
So he MAX didn't knew if he could push harder or not in his fight with Norris .

As you can read ..
When MAX's car does not go well the team fall of too here and there, it's human nature but shouldn't really happen in RBR.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK12489.00
      09-02-2024, 12:01 PM   #402
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
So Verstappen is like Hamilton, right ? They win in a winning car, they go backwards in a bad car. Thank you.
Negative , they are completely different. Let's say, like day and night

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 09-02-2024 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66289.00
GuidoK12489.00
      09-02-2024, 12:14 PM   #403
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
When MAX's car does not go well the team fall of too here and there, it's human nature but shouldn't really happen in RBR.
A perfect example is : Red Bull has the world record pitstop in 1.82 sec.

Yesterday at Monza , MAX's pitstop was 6.2 sec. (!)

Appreciate 2
GuidoK12489.00
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 12:26 PM   #404
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
For sure Stella and Brown permanently listen to what their engineers and mechanics tell them about who's got the best total package according to them (relevant feedback about set-up, race performance, race pace and sheer race intelligence).

Piastri is a wolf in sheep's clothes (ex Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer found it out the hard way in Summer 2022 after messing with Piastri and his manager Mark Webber), with the calculated mindset of a fighter pilot: he remains composed and clinical in his radio messages, going for the kill. Norris, on the other hand, when things get more challenging, tends to lose his temper all too easily and happens to make impetuous mistakes. Unlike Piastri, Norris can be rattled, can lose focus.

If the McLaren team confided to Stella and Brown that they consider Piastri the better driver, then they're not gonna "Bottas" him. But as Norris ain't no slouch either, they're not gonna "Bottas" Norris either. Let them race, let them show that they're worth their salt. Mercedes did that in 2016 and it ended in tears in Barcelona with the infamous Hamilton-Rosberg crash -Mercedes went for 'master & servant" from 2017 till 2021 with Hamilton and Bottas. Given the Mercedes rocket, Bottas could have won more races, but was held on a tight leash by Mercedes (with successive 1-year contracts to keep him in check), allowing Hamilton to easily accumulate race wins during that era.

About the Ferrari strategy facilitating Leclerc the Monza race victory. Post-race, Piastri accurately coined that "everyone's a legend on Monday" (hindsight analysis from a comfy armchair). That was sound - same goes for his advice during the race to pit for new tires.

If Leclerc had blown his totally worn out front left tire during the final laps of the race on the bloody hot Monza track surface, the press and forums would have been ruthless about yet another surreal Ferrari strategy 'evidently' ruining Leclerc's race. On the F1 tire longevity roulette, Ferrari went all-in, trusted what Pirelli had said in advance and were very-very lucky that the F1 race gods were indulgent on the holy Italian grounds: the high-stakes gamble worked. Recently, also Russell pulled off a similar feat at Spa-Francorchamps (but, as we all know, in the end he got DSQ'd because of 1.5kg missing for the 798 kg minimum weight, unfortunately).

If it works, you're glorious, if it fails, you're the laughing stock. Several examples exist of ambitious long stints ending with a blown tire, tears and frustration. But kudos to Ferrari and Leclerc for doing the high-risk gamble, galvanised by the fans going nuts - nice entertainment and lots of emotions. A deserved race win thanks to a bold team strategy, Leclerc's racecraft and the luck that the left front Pirelli tire survived the grueling ordeal.
This is nonsense. Bottas himself said that he could not beat Hamilton, team orders had nothing to do with it.

I just can't take these posts seriously when they start off with a lie, and pretend to be objective and insightful.

Maybe you mean Max and his fragile ego is why Checo has been held back (and suddenly since they decided to support him, he's right on pace with Max)

But claiming that Mercedes slowed Bottas down so Hamilton could win is nonsense. Mercedes sabotaged Hamilton in 2016 for Rosberg who literally was destroyed that season - he lost more races ams qualifying than the year previously, yet won because of Hamiltons mysterious mechanical problems

We saw last year Hamilton literally demolished the entire grid in the 3rd/4th best car, including George Russell, and suddenly this season he struggles.

I can't believe that people watch F1 and come away with these terrible takes. I am reminded that someone argued that Max was worth the 40 of the 60 seconds the RB19 was putting on people the last 2 years and now he can't even overcome .2 tenths to end up even near a podium

Or someone arguing with me that Lando is "good" and "matured" into a better driver when he's regularly losing even in the absolute fastest car. Something Ham, and even the less talented Max didn't do.

This board does not live in reality
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2024, 12:31 PM   #405
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...edes/10560646/

Quote:
I was allowing to accept some of those kind of things. So, for sure, in your career, you go through those kind of things…

“With Lewis, only in the last year could I accept to myself that in equal machinery over a period of a full season, I really struggled to beat him and that he's probably better in certain areas. As a racing driver, to admit that to yourself, is hard.”

...When Bottas was asked if he needed everyone at Mercedes to keep telling him that he could beat Hamilton, he replied: “No, it was quite open meetings. 

“Everything is based on facts and what they can see through the data on those things. You could see the average difference in qualifying or race pace. Nothing was avoided.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...y-quit-f1-2018
Quote:
"At the end of 2018 I almost stopped. It was so close," Bottas told Motorsport Magazine's "My Big Break" podcast.

"Just because of the fact I couldn't understand and take in the fact I couldn't beat Lewis in those two years. I put so much pressure on myself. Towards the end of '18, especially when I started to have the support role, I really couldn't take it, I really struggled. It was not fun."
Like I said, why lie?
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2024, 12:36 PM   #406
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Hammy didn't win in 2021 in a winning car. He crashed it in Baku due to a very stupid mistake pressing the wrong buttons, and didn't come in on the hungaroring when everyone else did, which cost him the victory there, not maximizing his result as all his competitors were out of the race or severely damaged by the bottas bowling incident.
Max didn't make mistakes of that magnitude that year, which resulted in him winning the wdc.

As for 2022 and the larger part of 2023, yes Hammy drove a backwards car. In '22 he was beaten by RUS, in '23 he beat RUS. And this year he'll probably beat RUS again.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-02-2024 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 12:40 PM   #407
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Apparently McLaren (Stella/Brown) have now said/decided that Lando is their #1 driver and that Oscar now has to play a supporting role (according to tacticalrab's video below).
I wonder if Piastri is gonna follow that.....he makes the same link to Webber as I did

Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 12:41 PM   #408
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
No, Verstappen is only like Hamilton that they are both Formula 1 drivers but that's it.

Verstappen has a terrible attitude and less talent, and really is only where he is because he's a F1 Nepo baby. His team constantly has to manage his ego because Max acts like a child and rages at everyone for his own shortcomings.

He's been handed everything and while he's talented it's not all on his merit alone. His strongest competition was Daniel Riccardo who whipped his ass in their first two years and Max was so reckless crashing cars because of his lack of maturity.

When Redbull finally cashed in on an unlimited budget and favorable rules he won. And now that that advantage is gone he's barely mid field. He's pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2024, 12:56 PM   #409
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Apparently McLaren (Stella/Brown) have now said/decided that Lando is their #1 driver and that Oscar now has to play a supporting role (according to tacticalrab's video below).
I wonder if Piastri is gonna follow that.....he makes the same link to Webber as I did

tactical rab

too much clickbait and B.S. for me

unfollowed a good while back.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK12489.00
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 12:57 PM   #410
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
No, Verstappen is only like Hamilton that they are both Formula 1 drivers but that's it.

Verstappen has a terrible attitude and less talent, and really is only where he is because he's a F1 Nepo baby. His team constantly has to manage his ego because Max acts like a child and rages at everyone for his own shortcomings.

He's been handed everything and while he's talented it's not all on his merit alone. His strongest competition was Daniel Riccardo who whipped his ass in their first two years and Max was so reckless crashing cars because of his lack of maturity.

When Redbull finally cashed in on an unlimited budget and favorable rules he won. And now that that advantage is gone he's barely mid field. He's pathetic.
Mate . Honestly . I really love to read your posts
Thank you for the 5 min. laughing fit . it's just too funny(!)

Just keep going ............

Appreciate 4
GuidoK12489.00
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 01:02 PM   #411
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
too much clickbait and B.S. for me
Absolutely, he's the king of gossip
However, I find him amusing from time to time. But he puts out so many video's that I certainly not watch them all
He does show all his sources though and is very fast with any updates.
And he has no real team preference I think (like other gossip f1 channels like CameronF1 and LawVS...cringeworthy...). As long as it's juicy...it goes
Appreciate 3
      09-02-2024, 01:07 PM   #412
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Mate . Honestly . I really love to read your posts
Thank you for the 5 min. laughing fit . it's just too funny(!)

Just keep going ............
Hey, sarcasm or not, I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2024, 01:43 PM   #413
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I love Hamilton so much. He's literally won in F1 on true merit unlike the rest of the garbage like on the grid.
Roscoe too ?

Appreciate 3
M5Rick66289.00
GuidoK12489.00
      09-02-2024, 02:11 PM   #414
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Roscoe too ?
Lil, not as much.
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2024, 02:26 PM   #415
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Negative , they are completely different. Let's say, like day and night
Best things usually happen at night. But Belgium are a peculiar folk.

Quote:
Hammy didn't win in 2021 in a winning car. He crashed it in Baku due to a very stupid mistake pressing the wrong buttons, and didn't come in on the hungaroring when everyone else did, which cost him the victory there, not maximizing his result as all his competitors were out of the race or severely damaged by the bottas bowling incident.
Max didn't make mistakes of that magnitude that year, which resulted in him winning the wdc.
Really ? That was it ? Wait, this smart bloke said something interesting...

Quote:
this is all silly off-topic since 12-12-2021
Right !
      09-02-2024, 02:49 PM   #416
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

If Oscar had an ear worm at Monza

Appreciate 2
GuidoK12489.00
      09-02-2024, 03:47 PM   #417
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Best things usually happen at night. But Belgium are a peculiar folk.

Right !
In Belgium they say : What is not allowed to see daylight happens at night.

Appreciate 3
GuidoK12489.00
M5Rick66289.00
      09-02-2024, 04:19 PM   #418
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
\

Really ? That was it ? Wait, this smart bloke said something interesting...

Right !
You're the one bringing up the whole Verstappen vs. Hamilton saga...again.
Last time that was relevant was on 12-12-2021.
Since then it hasn't been relevant. Since that date, there hasn't been a 'Verstappen vs. Hamilton'.
My post is reactive to your words, not the other way around.

Hamilton gets his chance again next year.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00