BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Considering selling already

09-05-2024, 04:51 PM   #23
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 330i, '23 X1, '25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_crispy View Post
Just an update here, started the buyback process from BMW... lets see how that goes.

In a perfect world, they buy it back and i go to a 2024 x3 M40i.
I actually do like the looks of the 2025 X3, but its on iDrive 9 and don't want to deal with the same software headaches (and inability to code out Start/Stop).
I just ordered a start & stop disable module. My friend has already used it for about a month without any issues. Will see how it goes when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 06:55 PM   #24
BarrettDB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2Comp AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
I just received mine yesterday.
I just put the transmission in Sport mode. No start/stop issues.
Can anyone else confirm this?
If in Sport mode, there is no STOP/START mode. The throttle response is a bit slow but acceptable. What is NOT acceptable is the delays when you come to a stop and are not in SPORT mode. For the duration of the time the engine is off, pressing on the accelerator is a+/- 1.3 second delay experience. It's plain dangerous, and when someone is T-boned or killed, at that point in time, BMW will do something about it. Until then, the response from BMW techs (not their fault) is: "works as designed."

Do NOT lease/buy a BMW X1 or X2 until these issue as well as those noted related to I-drive 9 have been sorted.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2024, 03:28 PM   #25
Lantirn
Private
Rep
Drives: E87 conv, F20, U11 25e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettDB View Post
If in Sport mode, there is no STOP/START mode. The throttle response is a bit slow but acceptable. What is NOT acceptable is the delays when you come to a stop and are not in SPORT mode. For the duration of the time the engine is off, pressing on the accelerator is a+/- 1.3 second delay experience. It's plain dangerous, and when someone is T-boned or killed, at that point in time, BMW will do something about it. Until then, the response from BMW techs (not their fault) is: "works as designed."

Do NOT lease/buy a BMW X1 or X2 until these issue as well as those noted related to I-drive 9 have been sorted.
PHEVs dont have this issue, but I can understand the frustration
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2024, 06:36 PM   #26
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30M3,40GTI,CGTS,u11m35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones99 View Post
I agree completely with you. My wife is the primary driver and she HATES this car. And honestly, I'm getting tired of trying to defend it. iDrive 9 is just a joke. Here are some issues:

- We have two profiles for the car, and it no longer selects one when you get int he car. You always have to choose one or you use the guest profile.
- The car no longer unlucks the doors when you approach.
- If you play an audio book - which my wife does every day - it always reconnects to the book and starts playing it - even if you shut down the app prior to turning off the car - super annoying if you don't want it to play.
- Sirius is terrible and we have the same issues that have been widely documented
- I absolutely hate auto start/stop and the fact you can't disable it
- The 2023 X1 has a confirmation screen that comes up when you start the car - just like the 2024. But it goes away if you don't dismiss it. The 2024 car will keep it up blocking your view of the screen indefinitely.
- On most days - but not all - startup time for the iDrive system is incredibly slow

I am on the latest update. However, my son just had is 2023 X1 at the dealership and then installed update 7.24 for him. I am hoping that update is available for the 2024 X1. Other updates have fixed some issues so I want to believe that BMW is marching toward getting it right!
7/24 you say send us a pic because either they pulled it or they cant find it any more .. I'm on 3/24.77 and its has addressed most of our issues for now.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 12:03 AM   #27
BarrettDB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2Comp AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCover View Post
I just ordered a start & stop disable module. My friend has already used it for about a month without any issues. Will see how it goes when it arrives.
Where did you find it?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 02:09 AM   #28
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettDB View Post
Where did you find it?
I asked a friend over there to order one for me.

but some guy says it's available to the US via this eBay auction. (post #6)

https://u11.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2126874
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #29
mic_crispy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 | 964 | x1 M35

Just an update here, BMW refused the buy back, stating that the car is operating as designed .. they even acknowledged that the all doors unlock option isn't infact unlocking all the doors, but just said it's the way it was engineered. Bizarre.
They will be sending me a check for some compensation (especially since my cars been in the shop for 3 weeks now due to a vent hose), but that's it.

I'll likely just sell privately as I luckily have enough equity in it.
Going to look at older x3's(m40, not m50), GLC 43 and a few others.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #30
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just an update here, BMW refused the buy back, stating that the car is operating as designed .. they even acknowledged that the all doors unlock option isn't infact unlocking all the doors, but just said it's the way it was engineered. Bizarre.
They will be sending me a check for some compensation (especially since my cars been in the shop for 3 weeks now due to a vent hose), but that's it.

I'll likely just sell privately as I luckily have enough equity in it.
Going to look at older x3's(m40, not m50), GLC 43 and a few others.

I'm still not really sure what the unlock all door issue is?

Just tried it a couple of minutes ago. My X1('23 28i) was locked. I had the key fob in my pocket and my iPhone in my hand.

As soon as I entered the garage, the lights flashed and all the doors unlocked before I even touched the car.

I got in the car and turned the comfort access door unlock and lock both to off.

Got out and locked the car again. Then I pressed the unlock button on the key fob and all 4 doors unlocked. Or is it not supposed to do that?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #31
BokTroy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I'm still not really sure what the unlock all door issue is?

Just tried it a couple of minutes ago. My X1('23 28i) was locked. I had the key fob in my pocket and my iPhone in my hand.

As soon as I entered the garage, the lights flashed and all the doors unlocked before I even touched the car.

I got in the car and turned the comfort access door unlock and lock both to off.

Got out and locked the car again. Then I pressed the unlock button on the key fob and all 4 doors unlocked. Or is it not supposed to do that?
When I had the X1 loaner, I think I had the exact issue OP suggested: comfort access is on, unlock all doors are checked. When I approached the car, lights flashes and when I try to open the driver side door the door is already unlocked and can be opened. But, rest of the door remained locked, that I have to unlock by pressing the switch on the driver door card. I found bizarre and thought it was probably a loaner issue since I actually tried to check and uncles that box a couple of times but it seems remain the logic of only for driver door.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:36 AM   #32
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BokTroy View Post
When I had the X1 loaner, I think I had the exact issue OP suggested: comfort access is on, unlock all doors are checked. When I approached the car, lights flashes and when I try to open the driver side door the door is already unlocked and can be opened. But, rest of the door remained locked, that I have to unlock by pressing the switch on the driver door card. I found bizarre and thought it was probably a loaner issue since I actually tried to check and uncles that box a couple of times but it seems remain the logic of only for driver door.

I did read what the OP said a few times. However, I can't seem to replicate that issue on my X1. Then a few other guys also said they had the same issue as the OP.

That really makes me wonder if my X1 is actually the one with the issues.(because maybe all the doors are not supposed to all unlock all the time like you guys described?)

I have gotten used to many weird glitches(or quirks) with my X1. Another just popped up this morning. The screen has a message that told me that the brake fluid change was overdue. Pretty sure it was a glitch because it said 26000 miles or something. Called my service advisor and they are also seeing that in their system when the punched in my VIN#. They said that unless I converted my X1 into a time machine and went through 26000 miles in a matter of weeks, it was definitely a glitch. I was told told to stop by so they can correct that glitch.
Appreciate 1
BokTroy122.00
      Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #33
BokTroy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I did read what the OP said a few times. However, I can't seem to replicate that issue on my X1. Then a few other guys also said they had the same issue as the OP.

That really makes me wonder if my X1 is actually the one with the issues.(because maybe all the doors are not supposed to all unlock all the time like you guys described?)

I have gotten used to many weird glitches(or quirks) with my X1. Another just popped up this morning. The screen has a message that told me that the brake fluid change was overdue. Pretty sure it was a glitch because it said 26000 miles or something. Called my service advisor and they are also seeing that in their system when the punched in my VIN#. They said that unless I converted my X1 into a time machine and went through 26000 miles in a matter of weeks, it was definitely a glitch. I was told told to stop by so they can correct that glitch.
Yeah iDrive9 does indeed has its unique glitches lol. Wonder if you have any issues where when you play music with CarPlay and you use some “resource intensive” features like Assist driving or back up assist etc. the music paused/cracked for a split second? This is my major issue when we had the loaner and my wife is thinking about purchasing X1/new X3 which both uses iDrive9. I hope it’s just a one off issue though.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #34
JK479
Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Venting some frustrations here, but really considering selling my X1 M35 after just 7 months.

Primary reasons are:

'Unlock all doors' does not in fact, unlock all the doors. If you pull on the drivers handle, regardless if this is selected or not, only the drivers side unlocks. Without comfort access in the rear doors, this is actually pretty annoying, especially with two kids who are both still in carseats, so my hands are always full, and now i need to fish the key out of my pocket to open the rear doors. My car spent 2 weeks at the dealer for this, and they logged the issue, but cannot fix it. This is not the correct function and the other X1 they had was the same way.

iDrive latency, Android Auto/Carplay drops. As stated and very well documented on here.

Satellite Radio works 50% of the time. Been to the dealer multiple times for this, but it just randomly stops working.

Absolutely atrocious implementation of auto start/stop. This is also (presumably) exasperated by the DCT transmission needing to engage clutches... Yes, i know you can disable this.... but it has to be done every single time you get in the car. God forbid you forget once and tryin to jump in traffic with a 3-5 second delay. Its actually astonishing that this made it past development.

Having owned many new BMW's in the past, I'm very familiar with being a early adopter.. but the issues have never been this 'front and center'. Really ruins the driving experience.

At this point, I'm asking BMW to buy back the lease, so i can go get a x3 M40 with the older iDrive system.

Its a shame, [...]
I’m still so surprised the DCT is so awful in an otherwise great product.

Makes you think all EV on this car would fix the problem. Even if you are an ICE fan.

EV’s don’t have stop/start or lazy transmissions.
Appreciate 0