BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2024: Azerbaijan GP - Baku (Sep 15)

09-03-2024, 03:12 AM   #23
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...It's as you can see . I think Oscar has B@lls my friend
''and if those other two tell me to slow to let you past XXX them as well''
Well what are they going to do the two big boys Stella and Brown, reduce the upgrades? Delay the pit stops? Webber is watching.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2024, 03:26 AM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep

My advice for RB is to go back to the China spec for the RB20.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2024, 06:31 AM   #25
CMW33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

http://https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-declares-all-2024-wings-legal-after-clarification-sought-on-mclaren-mercedes-designs/10650879/

All wing designs declared legal by FIA. That’s the end of the big “investigation” the YouTubers were trying to amp up for clicks.
Appreciate 3
      09-03-2024, 08:56 AM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
Max has asked for a more bity front end and sacrificing the rear end if it has to become looser at the back. Horner has told the engineers to execute. Shouldn't be too hard to achieve?
If it wasn't hard , the RB20 issue would already been fixed from race 1 in this season.
You see it the easy way , but an F1 car is extremely complicated...
You can fix one thing on the car , but then the rest of the car can go completely wrong.
That's why all the RB20 upgrades have been removed , because it worked like a downgrade (backwards)!
To fix the RB20 issue , a complete new car (the RB21) is required for the 2025 season .
The RB20 is at this moment a disaster to drive with...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
CMW33757.00
M5Rick66286.00
      09-03-2024, 09:20 AM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep

Fia unfair on KMag with the 10 sec penalty and 2 penalty points meaning he misses Baku with 12 pen' points. He hardly touched Gasly and comparing with another such incident with his teammate and Ricciardo which was far more serious the driver responsible there got just 5 seconds. I keep repeating myself that creaking old Fia should be disbanded as there are far too many rules for car build, engine type, budget, and driver behaviour, FFS just P O you out of date snails !
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...IZ65NDkmJOents
Appreciate 4
      09-03-2024, 09:23 AM   #28
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
http://https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-declares-all-2024-wings-legal-after-clarification-sought-on-mclaren-mercedes-designs/10650879/

All wing designs declared legal by FIA. That’s the end of the big “investigation” the YouTubers were trying to amp up for clicks.
Well
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...igue/10650797/
Question is what is and what isn't allowed RB and Ferrari want to know and I hope Tombaziz comes up with some straight answers.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2024, 09:38 AM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep

Can someone tell me why Wolff keeps interfering in other teams' affairs, it's none of his business what McLaren do with their two drivers and the nosy pk should stick to his own team. I'm sick and tired of constantly reading of and seing his age lined face commenting like some blabbering spinster who looks out of the window all day with nothing better to do.
Appreciate 3
      09-03-2024, 09:56 AM   #30
CMW33
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If it wasn't hard , the RB20 issue would already been fixed from race 1 in this season.
You can fix one thing on the car , but then the rest of the car can go completely wrong.
That's why all the RB20 upgrades have been removed , because it worked like a downgrade (backwards)!
To fix the RB20 issue , a complete new car (the RB21) is required for the 2025 season .
The RB20 is like two men in a horse costume right now
Appreciate 3
      09-03-2024, 12:17 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Maybe they should keep the black suits for good luck
Now we are talking my friend . Congrats with your new Charlie 16 avatar

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66286.00
      09-03-2024, 03:06 PM   #32
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Nah, they just need this ->

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:15 PM   #33
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
My advice for RB is to go back to the China spec for the RB20.
Perez says they know what the problem is

“I really feel like I’m in the same boat as I’ve been in for the last eight, 10 races but now all of a sudden Max has come into similar issues so yeah, a little bit of a confusion there but it is clear in the data where the problem is,” Perez said at the conclusion of Sunday’s Grand Prix.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...AlZ0KNGVAXyp0U

Horner says

“I think on other [tracks], running more downforce perhaps hides some of the balance issues that we have, and you can see that we’ve got a disconnection in balance that just isn’t working.

“And as soon as you end up in that situation, you end up [where] you’re harder on tyres, you end up compensating the balance around – to cure one problem you create another, so you just end up in a vicious circle.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yKlDp7xG88ix88

Last edited by G30M; 09-03-2024 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:17 PM   #34
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Meanwhile Fred thinks Ferrari could win the WCC .... he must have infiltrated McLaren with the Ferrari strategy guides 100%.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:18 PM   #35
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

“I really feel like I’m in the same boat as I’ve been in for the last eight, 10 races but now all of a sudden Max has come into similar issues so yeah, a little bit of a confusion there but it is clear in the data where the problem is,” Perez said at the conclusion of Sunday’s Grand Prix.

Redbull had to stop slowing Checo's car down now that Max isn't as competitive. Hoping this slump carries over to 2026 and beyond.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:36 PM   #36
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Horner says

“I think on other [tracks], running more downforce perhaps hides some of the balance issues that we have, and you can see that we’ve got a disconnection in balance that just isn’t working.

“And as soon as you end up in that situation, you end up [where] you’re harder on tyres, you end up compensating the balance around – to cure one problem you create another, so you just end up in a vicious circle.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yKlDp7xG88ix88
Exactly so, with an F1 car it's a vicious circle to fix one problem which then causes another seemingly ok section to go off track totally unlike what it is to fix a fast road car. Aero, balance and pitch are the main bugbears in this.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2024, 03:47 PM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Nah, they just need this ->

Yeah . I can see what you mean ..
On the other hand : In 2023 the RB20 development and design was the work from A.Newey and the Frenchman Pierre Waché .
Newey said just before race 1 (Bahrain) from this season , there's something I really don't like about the RB20 .
Today It's very clear what the big mistake is , the RB20 has a big fundamental issue.
And to fix it in the root, a complete new car is required . But at that moment it was already too late .
In other words : The ones who are responsible for the RB20 design flaw are A.Newey and the Frenchman Pierre Waché .
I'm pretty sure , one of the reasons why Newey is gone at Red Bull is because he got a fight with Waché who was also responsible for the RB20 design flaw .
Newey just knew , once the car was on track at Bahrain they couldn't fix the RB20 fundamental issue anymore .
This means the issue is too big to handle in this season.

The next RB plan is to change the current chassis and monocoque with the old chassis and monocoque and rebuild it for the RB20 .
Just to seek , and hopefully to get a better balance in the RB20 .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66286.00
      09-03-2024, 04:04 PM   #38
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
On the other hand : In 2023 the RB20 development and design was the work from A.Newey and the Frenchman Pierre Waché .
Newey said just before race 1 (Bahrain) from this season , there's something I really don't like about the RB20 .
Today It's very clear what the big mistake is , the RB20 has a big fundamental issue.
And to fix it in the root, a complete new car is required . But at that moment it was already too late .
In other words : The ones who are responsible for the RB20 design flaw are A.Newey and the Frenchman Pierre Waché .
I'm pretty sure , one of the reasons why Newey is gone at Red Bull is because he got a fight with Waché who was also responsible for the RB20 design flaw .
Newey just knew , once the car was on track at Bahrain they couldn't fix the RB20 fundamental issue anymore .

The next RB plan is to change the current chassis and monocoque with the old chassis and monocoque and rebuild it for the RB20 .
Waiting on this to get MAX and SER back into contention.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2024, 04:04 PM   #39
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Redbull had to stop slowing Checo's car down now that Max isn't as competitive. Hoping this slump carries over to 2026 and beyond.
Mate . That's really funny again . Checo ran several races with a copy&paste from MAX's PU mappings and suspension setup .
But Checo couldn't drive with it and crashed more than once (as we know)!
And that wasn't cheap for the RB Team , the Mexican crashed $4.5Million hole in the Red Bull budget cap.

Imagine a guy like that is your KitKat teammate while you're in the running of the WDC(!)

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66286.00
      09-03-2024, 04:06 PM   #40
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Mate . That's really funny again . Checo ran several races with a copy&paste from MAX's PU mappings and suspension setup .
And that wasn't cheap for the RB Team , the Mexican crashed $4.5Million hole in the Red Bull budget cap.

Imagine a guy like that is your KitKat teammate while you're in the running of the WDC(!)
I won't be dreaming KitKats when I put the light out shortly.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2024, 04:13 PM   #41
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Waiting on this to get MAX and SER back into contention.
I heard it's a 50/50 gamble . It can make the balance better but also even worse than it is at this moment .
Everything was already in a RB truck at Monza but they didn't changed it because MAX would get a big grid penalty and start from the pitlane by the FIA park ferme regulations .
At this moment I don't know when they will do it .
If I hear it when , you will hear it too ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66286.00
      09-03-2024, 04:47 PM   #42
CMW33
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

My father is convinced Red Bull was using some kind of asymmetric braking that was "banned" (or clarified) by the FIA a little while ago. That's why Max continually complains that the car is numb and just won't turn. It has some appeal in that it could explain why a car that was dominant in May is now kind of undriveable. I don't think it totally matches up with the facts but it has some merit.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 05:16 PM   #43
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
My father is convinced Red Bull was using some kind of asymmetric braking that was "banned" (or clarified) by the FIA a little while ago. That's why Max continually complains that the car is numb and just won't turn. It has some appeal in that it could explain why a car that was dominant in May is now kind of undriveable. I don't think it totally matches up with the facts but it has some merit.
It does seem like it but current knowledge says nobody was caught with that system, that it was clarified just in case someone wanted to go down that path.

If RB was using it why was Perez much slower than Max, if you know what I mean. They now think nobody was using it.

Re last race Max was very slow because his power unit had to be turned down because of an "unfixable" issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 06:44 PM   #44
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

RB could have hired someone like Sainz, or promoted Danny Ric, but they are happy giving Max creampuff teammates. Wonder why.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0