BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Front license plate

09-25-2023, 06:47 AM   #23
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLGREANY View Post
Thanks.

If anyone in the UK or Europe (or anywhere) has the part number for that mounting plate please share.
Have a look here:

https://www.bmwautoparts.net/en/cata.../3652/4040/0/0

It should be piece 8, 9, or 10 on the diagram
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2023, 05:44 PM   #24
lame_name
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Garage List
2023 BMW x1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timchi View Post
I think I’m going to try to rock with no plate until I get pulled over once 😂
My plan, as well. My front plate and the hardware to mount are in the trunk. If bullshitting doesn't work, it's an easy fix to get a ticket dismissed. If it doesn't happen, I'll get the tow hook mount for the inspection in 2 years. 🤷‍♀️
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 06:22 AM   #25
SnowCover
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 330i, '23 X1, '25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lame_name View Post
My plan, as well. My front plate and the hardware to mount are in the trunk. If bullshitting doesn't work, it's an easy fix to get a ticket dismissed. If it doesn't happen, I'll get the tow hook mount for the inspection in 2 years. 🤷‍♀️
after a year, I finally got noticed for having no front license plate. Of all places, it was at the courthouse parking lot. I showed up for jury duty and parked in the designated parking lot, which, unfortunately, was also the parking lot for the county police department. The officer was nice enough and told me to get it taken care of. I didn't even have the front license plate and the holder, which were in my garage at home. Not sure if he let me go because I was still wearing juror badge after 6 hours in court that day.

besides the tow hook option, are there other ways to mount the front license plate without having to use the license plate holder and drill holes?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:32 AM   #26
J-RO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

No good deed goes unpunished.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 06:46 PM   #27
PedalFasterDummy
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timchi View Post
My current state enforces front license plates. So that the dealer doesn’t drill holes into the bumper, although I never cared for this in the past but I was considering the idea of mounting the front plate on the tow hook.

My questions and concerns for this are: would it get in the way of any of the front sensors in the new x1s? And would it look odd in a “suv” to have such a tuner look? What do y’all think?
I've driven 40+ years without a front plate in California (it's illegal) the last time I got a ticket he didn't even write me up for the plate.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 06:14 PM   #28
a0krn
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalFasterDummy View Post
I've driven 40+ years without a front plate in California (it's illegal) the last time I got a ticket he didn't even write me up for the plate.
I see so many teslas without front license plate I think my car is fine so far. In any case it’s those fixit when ticketed kinda situations.
Appreciate 0