sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
Non-Tesla EVs are still not very good road trip cars due to the lacking infrastructure. Tesla has this covered, unfortunately they still don't know how to make cars. Electrify America doesn't appear to be an adequate substitute given how many of their charge points do not work for whatever reason, or are ICEd. EA is also owned by Volkswagen and I don't trust it to properly maintain a network that it was forced to develop as a legal settlement born out of the dieselgate scandal.
I can only speak for myself but I've driven around California, Nevada, Utah, and Idaho, used EA at least 30 times and never had a problem. There was one day when I found 1 out of 8 EA chargers out of order, and it was marked properly on the EA app. One other time I didn't get more than 100kw and had to switch. I've never seen them ICE'd but I imagine especially j1772s outside of businesses might be.

My friend with a Model X has had at least as many issues with superchargers, just an occasional out of order or giving low output. Supercharger stations seem to have an additional problem of filling up, which we may see eventually.
Appreciate 1
NomoTesla2378.00
      04-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #24
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
What part exactly has you worried? Do you do regular long trips that are not catered to well by the charging network?
Truthfully, I'm whinging on for no really good reason. I appear to be one of those people who loves the idea technological advancement, but then complains about it when it actually happens
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #25
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIX View Post
Truthfully, I'm whinging on for no really good reason. I appear to be one of those people who loves the idea technological advancement, but then complains about it when it actually happens
It's a change for sure, going from ICE to electric. It will become normal with time. It does take some planning and thought where ICE you just go. Gas station on every corner.
Appreciate 0