Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #23
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Just an update for all Canadians.
Looks like production won't start until April, hence production numbers won't be given until then. Therefore ED dates unfortunately won't be set until production numbers are confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #24
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

I was told that the production date for customer orders will not start till end of May or beginning of june. I have till the 15 of May to finalize my options. You are most likely to take delivery in late July or early August. My sales person has been really honest and said that some dealership are lying to customer up front to get the sales. He also stated that BMW is going to give 2 M's to each dealership which will have all the options."Fully Loaded " which they have no control over. What ever BMW send them is what they get. So if you want one with all the options then u can get one early.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #25
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Brick View Post
I was told that the production date for customer orders will not start till end of May or beginning of june. I have till the 15 of May to finalize my options. You are most likely to take delivery in late July or early August. My sales person has been really honest and said that some dealership are lying to customer up front to get the sales. He also stated that BMW is going to give 2 M's to each dealership which will have all the options."Fully Loaded " which they have no control over. What ever BMW send them is what they get. So if you want one with all the options then u can get one early.
I wonder if western Canada ordering system is different than eastern Canada?
There was another member here from the west that said that he had already gotten his ED date(and hence his production number?)
Whereas in the GTA area, I've spoken to a few members here and none of them have received anything yet.(except for the first 15 special ED). AFAIK, GTA dealers won't get production numbers until April, and then ED/Deliveries start end of June/beginning of July.
I don't think the sales rep have to lie to the customers to get the sales up front. At least for me, I've had a deposit down since last summer. So it doesn't matter because he's got a sale regardless of delivery time.
As for BMW sending 2 fully loaded cars to each dealership if they want it or not, that's the first time I've heard of that.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #26
karbonphiber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4

Quote:
My sales person has been really honest and said that some dealership are lying to customer up front to get the sales...
sounds like he's pulling some tactics on you himself...

Those time frames seem to be pushed back, and BMW is "Giving" each dealership 2 M's????
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #27
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Placed an order/deposit yesterday (unsure of what's really going on). I was just told I would receive a production number in a couple weeks.

Nex, if you ever hear anything regarding when non-EDs can expect to receive a production number, let me know. This is going to be the longest 3 months of my life...

Last edited by MrCsquared; 03-16-2014 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #28
Flying Brick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonphiber View Post
sounds like he's pulling some tactics on you himself...

Those time frames seem to be pushed back, and BMW is "Giving" each dealership 2 M's????
I checked with all the dealership in Alberta, and i am got the same answer regarding dealership getting 2 M'ss.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #29
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared View Post
Placed an order/deposit yesterday (unsure of what's really going on). I was just told I would receive a production number in a couple weeks.

Nex, if you ever hear anything regarding when non-EDs can expect to receive a production number, let me know. This is going to be the longest 3 months of my life...
No problem
My guess is that production numbers should be ready at the same time whether it be for ED or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #30
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I checked with all the dealership in Alberta, and i am got the same answer regarding dealership getting 2 M'ss.
Just wondering, are you lined up to buy one of the fully loaded cars your dealership is offering?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #31
Flying Brick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
Just wondering, are you lined up to buy one of the fully loaded cars your dealership is offering?
No, I placed my order. Which was a sold order and i was told that the car will not be here till july or august by the Manager. I was able to get $900 of the car and a free M jacket.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #32
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
I was told the same thing. Dealer said if i place my order this month I should get the car for the end of June. I don't believe that. Dealer is also getting 2 fully loaded M4's

I may just go with a E92 M3 so confused!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #33
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
I wonder if western Canada ordering system is different than eastern Canada?
There was another member here from the west that said that he had already gotten his ED date(and hence his production number?)
Whereas in the GTA area, I've spoken to a few members here and none of them have received anything yet.(except for the first 15 special ED). AFAIK, GTA dealers won't get production numbers until April, and then ED/Deliveries start end of June/beginning of July.
I don't think the sales rep have to lie to the customers to get the sales up front. At least for me, I've had a deposit down since last summer. So it doesn't matter because he's got a sale regardless of delivery time.
As for BMW sending 2 fully loaded cars to each dealership if they want it or not, that's the first time I've heard of that.
So are you one of us (The first 15) that is picking up and the road trip in June?

By the way my sales rep got my production number a week and a half ago.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #34
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
So are you one of us (The first 15) that is picking up and the road trip in June?

By the way my sales rep got my production number a week and a half ago.
Unfortunately no, I didn't order one of the first 15.
I know you guys are ahead of the curve in terms of production numbers etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #35
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
I have my ED date confirmed for the 21st of July. E-mail from BMW Canada rep says that "vehicle orders can be amended until status 50", which means I have until end of June to finalize my options according to my dealer.

I am curious, if any of the Canadian folks were able to negotiate a discount from MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #36
Flying Brick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I have my ED date confirmed for the 21st of July. E-mail from BMW Canada rep says that "vehicle orders can be amended until status 50", which means I have until end of June to finalize my options according to my dealer.

I am curious, if any of the Canadian folks were able to negotiate a discount from MSRP?
If you have until end of June to finalize your order then they will not start production till july and you most likely wont be getting the car till August. I have till May 15 to finalize the options and i was told end of July or beginning of August.

I was able to get $900 off and a M jacket lol. Nothing crazy but something. They wont do much because they are only getting 2 custom allocated for the M4 till end of 2014.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #37
Flying Brick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Installsplus View Post
I was told the same thing. Dealer said if i place my order this month I should get the car for the end of June. I don't believe that. Dealer is also getting 2 fully loaded M4's

I may just go with a E92 M3 so confused!!!!
Wait it out, it will be worth it. Before I committed to the M4. I test drove the e92 and the new 435I and I was very impressed with the 435I over the M3. The interior looks and feels nicer. More room, just having that low torque coming from the turbo was much smoother then the M3, which you had to rev it up to be in the power band, but by then I was speeding like i was running from the police. Very impressed with the torque of 435I where the M4 or M3 will have 106 more.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #38
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you have until end of June to finalize your order then they will not start production till july and you most likely wont be getting the car till August. I have till May 15 to finalize the options and i was told end of July or beginning of August.

I was able to get $900 off and a M jacket lol. Nothing crazy but something. They wont do much because they are only getting 2 custom allocated for the M4 till end of 2014.
Are you doing a European Delivery? If not, than the transportation lead-time needs to be accounted for. In my case, I am doing ED and the Welt is pretty close to the factory. I am told that the car spends less than a day on the final assembly line and that they need about 10 days to order the sub assemblies. So mid/end June in my case makes sense.

My dealer is telling me they are getting only between 1 and 2 M4s a month in 2014, and like you, because of the small allocations, there is not much they are willing to do on price. Good to know you still got a discount, I will try for one too .
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #39
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
Quote:
Wait it out, it will be worth it. Before I committed to the M4. I test drove the e92 and the new 435I and I was very impressed with the 435I over the M3. The interior looks and feels nicer. More room, just having that low torque coming from the turbo was much smoother then the M3, which you had to rev it up to be in the power band, but by then I was speeding like i was running from the police. Very impressed with the torque of 435I where the M4 or M3 will have 106 more.
I am just getting to anxious...All though I still like the E92 M especially the V8 sound. Turbo is great hopefully with no issues! Dealers in Canada should be getting the M4 soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #40
Flying Brick
Private
Rep

No, not doing a European Delivery. But i am wonder if i still can, How much more does it cost and what are the procedures ?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #41
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
No, not doing a European Delivery. But i am wonder if i still can, How much more does it cost and what are the procedures ?
For Canadians, it is basically the same price. This is unlike the USA, where they get a 7% discount. Order through your dealer, preferably one who has some familiarity with the program.

See http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/insights/bmw..._overview.html
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #42
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No extra cost.

Find attached the literature the dealer provided me (the file names are in french but documents are in English).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Questions et réponses.pdf (471.6 KB, 175 views)
File Type: pdf Livraison Européenne.pdf (1.08 MB, 137 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #43
coolmody
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/SO F80 M3

First time poster here

I'm upgrading from an E46 M3 and ordered an M3 last week in Calgary. Payed MSRP, but they did give me a free M watch

Trying for a European Delivery for the end of June, but nothing has been confirmed. No production number, or ETA. Crossing my fingers!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #44
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Just received a confirmation from BMW Canada regarding my order. Looks like June production for a late July delivery for my coupe.

Created a thread in the wrong section haha (general)

Last edited by MrCsquared; 03-19-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0