THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Question about Tires after placing my order

05-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
So if mine doesn't say anything about all-season runflats I can safely assume that it will come with the PSS?
I am not going to speak on behalf of of BMW, however, from my knowledge, and I've done tons of research on this, this looks good. This in terms of the tire/wheel inclusions, looks like my own order. The notion here is that you are not choosing optional features for wheels or tires or top speed limiter, therefore by default they are not listed. The standard specs include the performance sports, different size front and back, and top speed limiter.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmTwo35 View Post

I am not going to speak on behalf of of BMW, however, from my knowledge, and I've done tons of research on this, this looks good. This in terms of the tire/wheel inclusions, looks like my own order. The notion here is that you are not choosing optional features for wheels or tires or top speed limiter, therefore by default they are not listed. The standard specs include the performance sports, different size front and back, and top speed limiter.
Thank you! That's how I understood it as well. I even asked my CA a while back and he said "I left it as performance tires, do you want all-season?" I said no of course. This thread made me nervous though so I figured I should have you guys chime in.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #25
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903957

M235i Highlights
8 speed automatic with launch control (standard)
6 speed manual (no-cost option), with dry sump lubrication and short throw shifter
M Sport brakes standard [fixed calipers, four-piston front, two-piston rear, large brake discs]
Adaptive M Suspension with electronically controlled shock absorbers
Individually configured spring and damper system and specific elastokinematics for front suspension
Variable sport steering standard
Standard 18 inch M light alloy wheels with 225/40 and 245/35 tires
Optional 19 inch M Performance wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #26
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

On the M235i if I order the Cold Weather Package, will that automatically give me run flats/all seasons? I prefer the Micheline PSS.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #27
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Cold weather package has nothing to do with the tires
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #28
bernstem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me View Post
On the M235i if I order the Cold Weather Package, will that automatically give me run flats/all seasons? I prefer the Micheline PSS.
No, you will get the non runflat tires unless you specify runflats or all-season.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
benes136
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i Estoril Blue

This happened to me. On the order form I went over with my dealer we had the mixed summer tires on it but when it went into production it says all season online. He replied to my email with this is how they build them. They are better when it is slippery. What a joke, I am going in to speak with them now to see if they can make this right. They also went ahead and added black high gloss trim instead of the stock matte blue I wanted.

I know the rear rim is a half inch skinnier and the top speed is capped at 130 but aside from that is any other performance affected? In other words if I upgrade to 19's with good tires is the only thing I would still be missing the 155 cap? Thanks guys, I love how much you can learn from this forum.
Appreciate 0