BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) 2024 X1 Transmission replacement

09-14-2024, 09:48 AM   #45
airkat32
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 Frozen Grey MSport Pro

Yup. I think it was the same message. Shot blood up straight into my head after only 400 meters! Anyway should be finally getting it properly delivered sometime next week. As of yet no good will gifts have been mentioned and Im not holding my breath. Last time they called me they mentioned they were doing some updates so Im assuming I will have the latest version of the software.
Appreciate 1
DiS12.00
      09-14-2024, 10:07 AM   #46
markronnie
New BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by airkat32 View Post
Yup. I think it was the same message. Shot blood up straight into my head after only 400 meters! Anyway should be finally getting it properly delivered sometime next week. As of yet no good will gifts have been mentioned and Im not holding my breath. Last time they called me they mentioned they were doing some updates so Im assuming I will have the latest version of the software.
Push, push hard to get money back because if Your HORRIBLE experience with the so called brand new vehicle that crapoed out with several hundred meters from taking delivery.

As I mentioned in a couple of threads I got $150 then another $600 in cash when my 2024 X1 with less than 1000 miles had a great ID9 system problems. Service manager should work directly with BMW corporate for you.
🤞 good luck. 🍀
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2024, 10:57 AM   #47
DiS
Greece
Rep
Drives: U11

Quote:
I hope the adventure ends happily and you enjoy the car.

If you get 07:24, please let me know. I would like you to check the availability of Parking Assistan Pro in Greece.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 10:04 AM   #48
airkat32
Greece
Rep

Whats 7:24? i did not spec the parking asisst. just the basic rear camera it comes with. i do want the upgade for the radar cruise control though. thats what im requesting from them for my issues. doesnt really cost them a thing but its like 900 here.
Appreciate 1
DiS12.00
      09-16-2024, 10:45 AM   #49
DiS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Whats 7:24? i did not spec the parking asisst. just the basic rear camera it comes with. i do want the upgade for the radar cruise control though. thats what im requesting from them for my issues. doesnt really cost them a thing but its like 900 here.
7:24 is the latest software version you mentioned. It is said that with this (and some other conditions) you can add parking assistant pro from ConnectedDrive Store.

The "radar cruise control" that you mention either as driving assistant plus, or as driving assistant professional also requires hardware which unfortunately I don't know if you have if you say you only have the basic parking assistant. I have it on mine and unfortunately, although it works well, I can't trust it enough to really relax.

As for the prices, I know. I am in Greece too, although I think this applies everywhere.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 11:32 AM   #50
airkat32
Greece
Rep

yes the car comes prewired for DA plus. you just download or unlock it through the app. that’s what costs around 900€. the PA pro i think needs the 360 cameras which i dont have. didn’t really care about it. the DA pro is not available due to hardware stuff. i’m asking them to give me the unlimited use of the DA plus which doesn’t really cost them a thing. just a push of a button on their end. probably not gonna give me that either….
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 11:43 AM   #51
DiS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
yes the car comes prewired for DA plus. you just download or unlock it through the app. that’s what costs around 900€. the PA pro i think needs the 360 cameras which i dont have. didn’t really care about it. the DA pro is not available due to hardware stuff. i’m asking them to give me the unlimited use of the DA plus which doesn’t really cost them a thing. just a push of a button on their end. probably not gonna give me that either….
I assume you know that you can try DA plus for 3 months for free.

Personally I would ask them for something else since I can live without it.

Service inclusive for some years for example. Maybe it was easier for them.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 11:45 AM   #52
markronnie
New BMW Owner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [9.00]
I’m in USA & bought my 24 X1 28i with the premium package & remote start. It came with the standard cruise control (no distance adjustment) As the free Driving Assistant Plus trial was just about to end I called the Connect Drive Customer Service # & purchased the LIFETIME Driving Assistant Plus for a one time USA $650 + tax. First I wanted them to confirm that the feature will remain with the vehicle when it’s sold or traded in. They assured me it will. If I bought the feature when x1 was built it would only have been $500.

Within a day or to of the fall it began showing up on MyBMW as “Unlimited Term” & downloaded to ID9 & shows as available (with no expiration date) like all the other features that came with it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 02:34 PM   #53
airkat32
Greece
Rep

they already gave me a three year extension on warranty and service in total. i know about the trial. i’m gonna do that as soon as i get it. no way they are gonna give any cash or anything so im just trying to get whatever good will they have to give. not much to be sure.
Appreciate 1
DiS12.00
      09-17-2024, 03:39 PM   #54
airkat32
Greece
Rep

Finally picked it up this afternoon. Drives great. I call bullshit on the theory that msport adaptive suspension and the 20 inch rims rides rough. Perfectly fine.
Appreciate 1
DiS12.00
      09-17-2024, 04:17 PM   #55
markronnie
New BMW Owner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [9.00]
Quote:
Finally picked it up this afternoon. Drives great. I call bullshit on the theory that msport adaptive suspension and the 20 inch rims rides rough. Perfectly fine.
Enjoy all the drives from 401 meters & beyond. Hopefully nothing so problematic happens again.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #56
clockworkgr
Rep
Drives: X1 2024

Still waiting for mine.

Latest update has it possibly Friday or beginning of next week.

Regarding 0034780200 they sent me a letter saying that there MAY or MAY not be brake malfunction due to faulty parts and that the car software SHOULD be able to identify faulty parts before the malfunction appears.

In case it doesn't identify it and the mafunction presents itself, you lose ABS, DSC and may have to brake harder.

Not very comforting and it sounds like they have no way of knowing which cars are affected but trying to avoid recalling all of them.

Pfff
Appreciate 1
DiS12.00
      Today, 05:28 AM   #57
DiS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Enjoy your new car !

So, with wich version did you received it ?
Appreciate 0