BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Wrap a thing happens to be the roof

06-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #45
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
I'd love to know the brand of wrap this is.i
Please reach out to the guys from Elite Wrap in Cannes. Ask for Vadim or Igor.

They told me it is their little secret, but perhaps you can get it out of them where they got it.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 07:20 AM   #46
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Wrap looks great MR.

Have you had your tail lights tiinted?
Yup also tinted! We did a lot last week...

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #47
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
That looks great! Any more pics?
Yup more coming. I will upload a few below after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54 View Post
How do you feel about it? The overall quality is good but it can't quite match the OEM shine. I used collinite 845 on mine. 2 layers and it was super slick.
It matches it really well imo. You cannot get any closer than this. The wrap is extremely expensive and fitting it is a really hard task. The wrap is really thick and putting it on is a though task. The guys from EliteWrap in Cannes fitted it for me and they know what is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-330 View Post
looks good. Is this the VVivid Black Tech Art Gloss Carbon foil? i used it at the car of my wife and there it looks darker
This is a different wrap! Hardly anyone uses it since it is extremely expensive. I think a roll costs 5000 EUR. It was about 500 EUR to fit on my roof, and that is expensive for a wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Aw shit, there goes my checkbook...

Any chance you can snap some far away shots? Also, how's the color compared to the spoiler, diffuser, etc.?
I have a small piece of wrap available so that I can hold it next to the carbon fiber parts for you. I hope to do it today if I have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GswBandWagon View Post
looks good! Curious did you have the shark fin wrapped or you bought a separate painted one?
Shark fin and the two roof rack fitment lines on both sides where wrapped in black.

MR
Yes it is super thick! It's as good as you get
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #48
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep

It should be Vivvid Techart gloss
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #49
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Another photo of the wrap...

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 05:07 AM   #50
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Two more photos of the wrap... If you need more than let me know!

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-13-2017, 02:18 AM   #51
dj2020
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

For those who wrapped their roof, was the shark fin antenna reattached with BMW Betalink adhesive? I'm concerned that Automotive double sided tape, i.e. 3M, would potentially leak.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #52
*mt*
BMW driver
Rep
Drives: BMW

on my mineral grey M2, i wrapped around the shark fin

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #53
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Fin was not removed for my wrap
Attached Images

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #54
dj2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Fin was not removed for my wrap
Awesome! The antenna did not have to be removed?! Your installer was able to stretch the vinyl over the shark fin and make it look right without any seams?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #55
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
Awesome! The antenna did not have to be removed?! Your installer was able to stretch the vinyl over the shark fin and make it look right without any seams?
I did it by myself. they sell fin covers in CF on ebay. Once you wrap the roof, just put the CF fin cover over the fin so that you don't have to worry about messing with original BMW glue.

many remove and wrap the fins. but the way the wrap materials are spec'd, they are not going to stay on it for long. the materials are supposed to only stretch 10%. In order to wrap the fin perfectly wrinkleless, installers have to stretch the material at least 20% which is possible only for short term.

Appreciate 1
dj202093.50
      09-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #56
dj2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I did it by myself. they sell fin covers in CF on ebay. Once you wrap the roof, just put the CF fin cover over the fin so that you don't have to worry about messing with original BMW glue.

many remove and wrap the fins. but the way the wrap materials are spec'd, they are not going to stay on it for long. the materials are supposed to only stretch 10%. In order to wrap the fin perfectly wrinkleless, installers have to stretch the material at least 20% which is possible only for short term.
Ah! Never thought to put a fin cover over the OE fin cover. Has this affected any of your reception?

Do you have a link to the fin covers that are large enough to fit over the OE one? I'm looking for non-carbon gloss black one.

Thanks for the idea!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #57
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah! Never thought to put a fin cover over the OE fin cover. Has this affected any of your reception?

Do you have a link to the fin covers that are large enough to fit over the OE one? I'm looking for non-carbon gloss black one.

Thanks for the idea!
Will affect reception heavily if it's CF. trust me I already did it haha. I wish it was that simple because the CF fin looked pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #58
dj2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!
Will affect reception heavily if it's CF. trust me I already did it haha. I wish it was that simple because the CF fin looked pretty good!
But would a non-carbon fiber one affect reception?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #59
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!
It has not affected my reception at all. Satellite radio works perfect, nav works, radio works, and BMW connected works perfectly.

Just type in bmw 2 series fin cover on eBay. It should be around $45 shipped. They are from china so it would take about 2 weeks to get to US.

Appreciate 1
dj202093.50
      09-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #60
dj2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!
It has not affected my reception at all. Satellite radio works perfect, nav works, radio works, and BMW connected works perfectly.

Just type in bmw 2 series fin cover on eBay. It should be around $45 shipped.
Thanks again for the info.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #61
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!

Np. Even though I have no issues, Reception may vary depending on where you are. I'm in metro area so my reception could be very good. But it's worth trying for only $45 before messing up the factory build.

Appreciate 1
dj202093.50
      09-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #62
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!

Np. Even though I have no issues, Reception may vary depending on where you are. I'm in metro area so my reception could be very good. But it's worth trying for only $45 before messing up the factory build.
Mine dropped by about 60 percent. I believe we had the same one but yes I agree the area could play a factor. I loved the way it looked. It could have been a different material or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #63
dj2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the idea!

With my quick eBay and Google search, it looks like everyone sells the carbon version only of the antenna cover. No non-carbon black antenna cover that fits over the OE shark fin. I'll keep looking around but if someone finds this, please post back. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 11:21 PM   #64
subliminalaudio
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mt* View Post
on my mineral grey M2, i wrapped around the shark fin

Do you more pictures and can you share the brand and the size ?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #65
*mt*
BMW driver
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalaudio View Post
Do you more pictures and can you share the brand and the size ?
sorry didn't get an info, that you quoted me...

the brand is Elemento-6 and i bought 2m here for 150€

http://www.signothetimes.de/films/wr...&size=&length=

http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/2.JPG
http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/3.JPG
http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/4.JPG
http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/5.JPG
http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/6.JPG

http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/8.JPG
http://www.mt-video.de//tmp/M2/Folie/9.JPG
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #66
subliminalaudio