Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Is Andrew Dice Clay a role model for men?
For someone out there, yeah. He didn't sell out Madison Square Garden two nights in a row because nobody wanted to be him.
So going to a show means you want to be the entertainer? I think there is a big difference between being entertained by someone and wanting to be them. That said, if you really think he's a role model for anyone then I guess it's hard to argue with thinking Amy Schumer is as well. I guess we have different ideas of role models.
      05-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #68
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

What's with the hate? She got rich and famous doing what she did and ultimately, its you guys who supported it. I don't get all the Kardashian or the Honey Boo Boo shit but hey guess what, there's a fucking market for this bullshit.

Saying she's fat, ugly, or not that funny has no relevance to what she has achieved.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #69
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
What's with the hate? She got rich and famous doing what she did and ultimately, its you guys who supported it. I don't get all the Kardashian or the Honey Boo Boo shit but hey guess what, there's a fucking market for this bullshit.

Saying she's fat, ugly, or not that funny has no relevance to what she has achieved.
Exactly

I used to always think, you don't need a great idea to be successful you just need a million people to think it's a great idea. She has sold millions of people on her idea whether it's good or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #70
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

There is nothing gorgeously feminine or funny about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

They are horrible.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #71
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
So going to a show means you want to be the entertainer? I think there is a big difference between being entertained by someone and wanting to be them. That said, if you really think he's a role model for anyone then I guess it's hard to argue with thinking Amy Schumer is as well. I guess we have different ideas of role models.
You're twisting my words. I was just saying someone who was that popular inevitably has gotta be someone's role model, which wasn't even my original point. I was questioning what gives Fundguy1 the authority to dictate who makes a good role model for women. I understand opinions and whatnot but with those blanket statements that were made, implying he knows best for women everywhere, it just comes off as sexist and with an arrogant attitude that shouldn't exist in 2016.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #72
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
You're twisting my words. I was just saying someone who was that popular inevitably has gotta be someone's role model, which wasn't even my original point. I was questioning what gives Fundguy1 the authority to dictate who makes a good role model for women. I understand opinions and whatnot but with those blanket statements that were made, implying he knows best for women everywhere, it just comes off as sexist and with an arrogant attitude that shouldn't exist in 2016.
If you want to say you meant something other than what you said, that's fine, but I don't think I twisted your words at all. Let me rephrase the question I originally asked you:

Do you think Dice is a good role model for men?
      05-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #73
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
If you want to say you meant something other than what you said, that's fine, but I don't think I twisted your words at all. Let me rephrase the question I originally asked you:

Do you think Dice is a good role model for men?
I said exactly what I meant.

I said: "He didn't sell out Madison Square Garden two nights in a row because nobody wanted to be him."

And you: "So going to a show means you want to be the entertainer?"

Maybe I'm missing something. Just so you understand, I was saying his popularity meant inevitably some people idolized him, not the absolute going to a show exclusively means one wants to be him. Sorry you missed that.

Also, if the person likes him and his style more power to them, just like with Amy Schumer. I'm not saying people shouldn't have opinions but the more you're separated from a culture or experience the less qualified you are to hold extreme views. I'm just addressing the folly of spewing opinions in such a matter of fact way, even if I'm talking to a rock. I'd be fooling myself if I think I'll change any views on a forum like this though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #74
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd be fooling myself if I think I'll change any views on a forum like this though.
Yet, here you are...

Fundguy1 was expressing an opinion, not dictating anything. If anyone is trying to dictate a way of thinking here "in 2016" it is you. It's fine to disagree but some people (including me) are completely fed up with the judgmental PC crowd. Plenty of people are perfectly capable of forming their own opinions without your assistance even if you don't agree with all or any of them.

Also, to be clear, having people idolize someone does not make them a good role model. Cult members idolized Charles Manson. That didn't make him a good role model. However, I won't ask my question again. It's clear you don't want to answer it directly and that's fine.
      05-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #75
Buddy628
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 Msport, MB GLK250

She's funny sometimes and thick girls are fun
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #76
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

I'm not gonna single anyone out or disagree on the characteristics of Amy Schumer. I've already made my point that she's fat but not funny fat and she's not funny. Lastly, she allegedly portrays herself in hyperbole that is unbelievable - unlimited sexual prowess...

I just hope not be judged for my opinion nor anyone else to be. That opinion we're all entitled to and we're entitled to disagree/agree.

Where the line is crossed is if we judge...regardless if its from a PC lens or one of pure disagreement fueling personal insults/attacks.

At the end of the day, it's just Amy Schumer. No big deal.

Just a big chick. Doh!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #77
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Lastly, she allegedly portrays herself in hyperbole that is unbelievable - unlimited sexual prowess...

Quote:
I just hope not be judged for my opinion nor anyone else to be. That opinion we're all entitled to and we're entitled to disagree/agree.

Where the line is crossed is if we judge...regardless if its from a PC lens or one of pure disagreement fueling personal insults/attacks.
*opinion judging intensifies*

What about addressing one's arrogance?

Na, I've said all I need to say, at this point I'm repeating myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #78
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Beartato

Not sure if you're serious, but my previous post was not intended to be passive aggressive or single you out, hence the blatant qualifier. I was trying my best to redirect the thread to be more about the subject rather than attacks on each other's right to have an opinion....

I've got no beef with you.

But you obviously felt the need to lay claim to respond and respond in an antagonistic manner.

This, leads me to believe you just love to troll. For you to call anyone else out for being arrogant is a sure sign of your extreme narcissism. As a matter of fact, in one post you allude to the fact that you intend to change people's minds. In other words, who died and made you the PC/morality police?

Again, no beef with you. So don't troll me.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #79
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

She's ugly, fat and not funny.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 10:10 PM   #80
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Beartato

Not sure if you're serious, but my previous post was not intended to be passive aggressive or single you out, hence the blatant qualifier. I was trying my best to redirect the thread to be more about the subject rather than attacks on each other's right to have an opinion....

I've got no beef with you.

But you obviously felt the need to lay claim to respond and respond in an antagonistic manner.

This, leads me to believe you just love to troll. For you to call anyone else out for being arrogant is a sure sign of your extreme narcissism. As a matter of fact, in one post you allude to the fact that you intend to change people's minds. In other words, who died and made you the PC/morality police?

Again, no beef with you. So don't troll me.
*trolling intensifies*

Na, I'm just kidding. I've got no beef with anyone in this thread on a personal level, in case anyone thought otherwise.

I will address one thing, the post I was alluding to changing people's opinions, that was me lampooning myself for even continuing the discussion, it wasn't meant to be taken at face value. This isn't my first day on the internet, I'd have to be really naive to think I could persuade anyone on a forum like this.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 10:18 PM   #81
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
*trolling intensifies*

Na, I'm just kidding. I've got no beef with anyone in this thread on a personal level, in case anyone thought otherwise.

I will address one thing, the post I was alluding to changing people's opinions, that was me lampooning myself for even continuing the discussion, it wasn't meant to be taken at face value. This isn't my first day on the internet, I'd have to be really naive to think I could persuade anyone on a forum like this.
Cool beans. Truth is I only got beef with 1 dude and it's cuz he got personal...then got more personal. But I think that dood has beef with mad people.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 03:35 AM   #82
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335
Cool beans. Truth is I only got beef with 1 dude and it's cuz he got personal...then got more personal. But I think that dood has beef with mad people.
Ok. I'm sorry.
*cries*
*eats Mr Tonka 's other 12 cookies - weight shoots up to 1.2 Schumers*

Last edited by jtodd_fl; 05-09-2016 at 04:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 07:31 AM   #83
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Lol this thread.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #84
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

She's funny at times. Don't like her politics tho.

I'd bang her. But then again, I'm a sucker for blondes. (No pun intended)
      05-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #85
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I struggle to comment because funny is so subjective. For example, i never understood Letterman, just never ever got it.

he'd sit there, stare at the camera and say "today, a man rode a horse" ... then cue 5 minutes of shit music from the shit band and the crowd goes nuts.

DO NOT FUCKING GET IT.
Appreciate 4
      05-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #86
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Wow sucked me into reading this entire thred. Chanel surfing the other day and I just watched her show live at the Apalo theater on tv.
I thought she was funny enough to watch it to the end, had a few laughs. Stand up is a real contact sport, can't be easy. Although she is not my idea of a supermodel , I thought she had great legs especially in that short skirt and high heels, yea a little thick but come on fat! Halarious to think about what all you people look like when reading this , granted you could all be the beautiful ones but still hilarious to picture some out of shape, mullet hair , yellow tooth couch potato commenting on your sexual preference twords her because she eats a few extra donuts at breakfast. if I had a shot at having sex with her I would jump at it in a heartbeat and come back for more when ever offered. I don't have a preference to intellectual , slap stick or vulgar comedy what ever works for me at the moment and the other night she worked for me.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #87
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD335xicoupe View Post
Wow sucked me into reading this entire thred. Chanel surfing the other day and I just watched her show live at the Apalo theater on tv.
I thought she was funny enough to watch it to the end, had a few laughs. Stand up is a real contact sport, can't be easy. Although she is not my idea of a supermodel , I thought she had great legs especially in that short skirt and high heels, yea a little thick but come on fat! Halarious to think about what all you people look like when reading this , granted you could all be the beautiful ones but still hilarious to picture some out of shape, mullet hair , yellow tooth couch potato commenting on your sexual preference twords her because she eats a few extra donuts at breakfast. if I had a shot at having sex with her I would jump at it in a heartbeat and come back for more when ever offered. I don't have a preference to intellectual , slap stick or vulgar comedy what ever works for me at the moment and the other night she worked for me.
      05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #88
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD335xicoupe View Post

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0