BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2024: Hungarian GP - Hungaroring (July 21)

07-20-2024, 10:59 AM   #177
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Weather is most likely good for tomorrows race so dry race expected at 33C, what MAX wants.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66323.50
GuidoK12498.00
      07-20-2024, 11:06 AM   #178
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

McLaren locks out front row. Checo out again in Q1.

Another big points swing coming for McLaren this weekend.

Not looking good for Checo.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2024, 11:13 AM   #179
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

He needs a tequila or two after that one
Appreciate 3
      07-20-2024, 11:18 AM   #180
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:

When you're qualified 9th in Q1 in very questionable weather conditions, what the hell are you doing on the track at all much less going for it? Checo may not be the only one missing after the break. There have been several questionable calls from the pit lately like the switch to intermediates on a dry track?
Appreciate 2
GuidoK12498.00
      07-20-2024, 11:44 AM   #181
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
When you're qualified 9th in Q1 in very questionable weather conditions, what the hell are you doing on the track at all much less going for it? Checo may not be the only one missing after the break. There have been several questionable calls from the pit lately like the switch to intermediates on a dry track?
Negative . That would be a bad call . It was not wet enough for Inters ..
Inters would overheat on that semi-wet track in just one lap...

I agree . The track was very tricky , but Checo hasn't the timing and the driver skills (and as I said) he always fails big time under pressure .
He took risks at the wrong moment ...And lost it !

The bad news is that McLaren will move up in the rankings (again)! Just by Checo's crashes ...
How can a Team like Red Bull lose the WCC ranking with big crashes from one driver ?
It looks very bad for him in the race as well !

Too bad for the Mexican . It is what it is , but I'm all in for Checo's EXIT ASAP !

EDIT - Horner the latest : Our Team runs on 'one leg...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-20-2024 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 11:51 AM   #182
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
He needs a tequila or two after that one
And tomorrow at the startgrid too...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 11:54 AM   #183
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

If you are Red Bull what do you do?

If you get the best driver it is clearly Sainz. But Verstappen/Sainz may not be best for Red Bull. Sainz has shown up Leclerc a lot in my opinion and Ferrari is letting the better driver walk. If you are Max you definitely don’t want a driver like Sainz to challenge you to that extent. This may push Max to Merc but if it does then at least Red Bull has a top driver like Sainz.

They promote Danny Ric which is what a lot of people are thinking. This is probably what Max prefers given their relationship and Danny at this point in his career should be counting blessings. And top 5 finishes or podiums helping Max should be rewarding and fulfilling for him. But does this irreparably damage the RB/Red Bull relations with Yuki moving forward.

So then you get Yuki in there who is maybe most “deserving” but again is that what Max wants probably not. Then there would be Lawson but again promoting a driver like Lawson or Danny Ric “would be weird” as stated by Yuki himself.

So while I agree with many Perez needs to go it isn’t a simple decision as to who takes that spot either. It is clearly no longer the quickest car on the grid. But fairly certain most of those drivers mentioned are at least getting into Q3 and getting points in each race unlike Perez.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 12:09 PM   #184
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Good quali today, but I would be amazed if Per stays after the mid-season break. It's getting hard to watch him...

Looks like Max is in good position down to turn 1 starting 3rd...plus his race pace was better than the Mclarens, and he was more consistent. It also appears his setup is far more race oriented as usual with the most downforce which will be good for tires on this high deg track.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 12:09 PM   #185
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post

If you get the best driver it is clearly Sainz. But Verstappen/Sainz may not be best for Red Bull. Sainz has shown up Leclerc a lot in my opinion and Ferrari is letting the better driver walk. If you are Max you definitely don’t want a driver like Sainz to challenge you to that extent. This may push Max to Merc but if it does then at least Red Bull has a top driver like Sainz.

They promote Danny Ric which is what a lot of people are thinking. This is probably what Max prefers given their relationship and Danny at this point in his career should be counting blessings. And top 5 finishes or podiums helping Max should be rewarding and fulfilling for him. But does this irreparably damage the RB/Red Bull relations with Yuki moving forward.

So then you get Yuki in there who is maybe most “deserving” but again is that what Max wants probably not. Then there would be Lawson but again promoting a driver like Lawson or Danny Ric “would be weird” as stated by Yuki himself.

So while I agree with many Perez needs to go it isn’t a simple decision as to who takes that spot either. It is clearly no longer the quickest car on the grid. But fairly certain most of those drivers mentioned are at least getting into Q3 and getting points in each race unlike Perez.
This => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=24

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 12:27 PM   #186
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:

I am not sure why people keep perpetuating that Max actually cares who is his teammate (it's not like he has a contract clause of drivers he doesnt want signed because he is worried about their talent like some did). Not a single driver on the grid would outperform him in the same car - which is why drivers like Nor have said verbatim they are scared to join RB - and from what I've heard, Ham and Alo were no different in that regard. As Villenueve said the other day, Ham is a very up and down driver, and could never match Max for consistency.
Sai would get destroyed by Max...again. When they were teammates Max had NO experience and smashed Sai and his fragile ego. In the time since, Max has progressed to one of the very best F1 has ever seen and Sai has had 2 good races which, by no coincidence, Max wasnt in either. What has Sai done since his lucky Aus win (that he wouldnt have won if not for the Max DNF)? Oh yea, he has produced mediocre results at best. Despite 'outdriving' Lec, he is still behind Lec in points which is all you need to know. His driving style is VERY similar to Per's in his car tendancy preferences. He's not a guy who can drive a pointy, front end car. That was seen in abundance last year when the car got more pointy, his results tapered off.

Ric isnt all that quick anymore...though he shows glimpses of good speed.

Tsu would be the best bet as I think he would perform well as Max's teammate.

I actually would love to see them sign Sai just to be proven right...

Either way, Per needs to go.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 07-20-2024 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-20-2024, 12:29 PM   #187
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
He's below Serge at least
LOL - Per crashes out and still outqualifies RUS. That is quite something.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2024, 12:42 PM   #188
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
LOL - Per crashes out and still outqualifies RUS. That is quite something.
Should have no excuses tomorrow to keep RUS behind him then with no slippery kerbs.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2024, 01:11 PM   #189
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Should have no excuses tomorrow to keep RUS behind him then with no slippery kerbs.
The Benz PU lost power today , just by the heat ...

And the Benz bulge failed today (!)

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 01:33 PM   #190
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The Benz PU lost power today , just by the heat ...

And the Benz bulge failed today (!)
RUS got it spectacularly wrong in Q and HAM just plain overdriving the MB bulge shocker which was crying enough already, maybe they used the Silverstone one by mistake, Allison Leaves just the two Larens in front of the Lion to stalk and take his time when to pounce.

Think I'll have a brandy pick-me-up to commiserate with Checo's latest whoopsie.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2024, 01:43 PM   #191
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
RUS got it spectacularly wrong in Q and HAM just plain overdriving the MB bulge shocker which was crying enough already, maybe they used the Silverstone one by mistake, Allison Leaves just the two Larens in front of the Lion to stalk and take his time when to pounce.

Think I'll have a brandy pick-me-up to commiserate with Checo's latest whoopsie.
The Red Bull Team will get a lot work during the night to re-build his RB20 wreck and for his Honda PU and gearbox it looks really bad as well..

Checo won't finish in the top 10 in the race...
It's just a waste of time ,effort and money to keep him at the track .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 01:53 PM   #192
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The Red Bull Team will get a lot work during the night to re-build his RB20 wreck and for his Honda PU and gearbox it looks really bad as well..

Checo won't finish in the top 10 in the race...
It's just a waste of time ,effort and money to keep him at the track .
That was a loud thump into the barrier, I didn't see the damage to the L/Rear but its usually bad news with the direct connections to frame, gearbox and another spent rear wing.

Horners getting calls from Slim now with just heavy breathing down the line...
Appreciate 3
      07-20-2024, 02:08 PM   #193
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That was a loud thump into the barrier, I didn't see the damage to the L/Rear but its usually bad news with the direct connections to frame, gearbox and another spent rear wing.

Horners getting calls from Slim now with just heavy breathing down the line...
After the QF MAX just disappeared in the pit . MAX is disappointed in the RB20 upgrades and he didn't looked happy ...
He said : With this big upgrades , it had to be a turning point for the rest of this season.
But it Isn't .We are just not fast enough ...

IMHO : If MAX still can fight for the podium or for the victory , It's by the MAX-Factor (!)
The Red Bull domination is lost in time...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 02:20 PM   #194
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
That is properly kited. Checo better be buying a lot of pizza and beers for the crew.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 03:03 PM   #195
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
That is properly kited. Checo better be buying a lot of pizza and beers for the crew.

Yeah . I've seen it . The rear looks totaled (total loss)! to me ...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 03:04 PM   #196
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

SMH
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Roman904.50
M5Rick66323.50
      07-20-2024, 03:17 PM   #197
zjerry
Registered
Rep
Drives: MERCEDES

Bump
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2024, 03:29 PM   #198
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:

Liam Lawson

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 3