BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) No connected Drive in my country

01-28-2023, 01:46 PM   #1
iAyman
Rep
Drives: U11 X1

No connected Drive in my country

I don’t have Connected drive in my new to be received X1 as it’s not supported in my country. Is there a way to activate digital key plus? Or even use card key? What other features would I lose. I knew my car also comes with drive assistant plus, but would that work with no CD? Can I add personal e-sim retrofit? Or activate CD sine how?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 02:21 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAyman View Post
I don’t have Connected drive in my new to be received X1 as it’s not supported in my country. Is there a way to activate digital key plus? Or even use card key? What other features would I lose. I knew my car also comes with drive assistant plus, but would that work with no CD? Can I add personal e-sim retrofit? Or activate CD sine how?
Wouldn't your dealer be able to answer your questions?
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 2
tex26702415.50
donnus20.50
      01-28-2023, 03:32 PM   #3
iAyman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Wouldn't your dealer be able to answer your questions?
The short answer is no. This why I was hoping there’s another route.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 03:39 PM   #4
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
The short answer is no. This why I was hoping there’s another route.
Ok, that's too bad. Hopefully someone here has your answers.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 04:59 PM   #5
dejy
Private
Rep
Drives: Various

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
Driver Assistant Plus doesn't require CD from my understanding so you should be fine with the Driver Assistance features.

Without CD you would probably lose remote access to the subscription features (e.g heated seats or steering wheel (If not buying lifetime subscription - probably not needed in Oman anyway lol), safety camera subscription, map updates) and may need to physically go into a BMW service centre to get them activated and updated I'm guessing. You'd likely lose the ability to do a remote start via app without ConnectDrive also.

As for the Digital Key, the process requires the MyBMW app but I'm unsure if that then requires CD or if it communicates locally via Bluetooth or NFC to setup as you need to be in the vehicle for it. You may be fine to setup a Digital Key without CD but I am not sure and hopefully someone else could advise.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 05:16 PM   #6
iAyman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejy View Post
Driver Assistant Plus doesn't require CD from my understanding so you should be fine with the Driver Assistance features.

Without CD you would probably lose remote access to the subscription features (e.g heated seats or steering wheel (If not buying lifetime subscription - probably not needed in Oman anyway lol), safety camera subscription, map updates) and may need to physically go into a BMW service centre to get them activated and updated I'm guessing. You'd likely lose the ability to do a remote start via app without ConnectDrive also.

As for the Digital Key, the process requires the MyBMW app but I'm unsure if that then requires CD or if it communicates locally via Bluetooth or NFC to setup as you need to be in the vehicle for it. You may be fine to setup a Digital Key without CD but I am not sure and hopefully someone else could advise.
Sounds reasonable as well as true. I just checked the features list, and it clearly says driver assistant plus 5AT. I just hope it works as seen in the videos. Funny enough, the car has heated seats. I will try the BMW app once the car is received, although I don’t have high hopes.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:35 AM   #7
X_Kris_X
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 xdrive25e

iAyman - I have the same situation and waiting for a car wondering if I will be able to purchase (via subscription) Digital Key package and use phone to open and start the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #8
cOBRaX
Rep
Drives: 3 320e (2023) + X1 20i (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Kris_X View Post
iAyman - I have the same situation and waiting for a car wondering if I will be able to purchase (via subscription) Digital Key package and use phone to open and start the car.
its working only with iphone, be aware of this
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 10:55 AM   #9
X_Kris_X
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 xdrive25e

Im the iPhone have user so good for me ;-). Still hope it could be added via subscription without having a digital package selected at ordering…
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:05 AM   #10
lebb53
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejy View Post

I lived in a country that doesn't support Connected Drive and the app wasn't available. I just noticed some weeks ago that the app was available. After downloading the app, and create a BMW ID, try to connect the app with the car. The app try to do it online and after putting the VIN it says that it's not compatible and try to connect via BT/USB.

I tried both and it doesn't do anything, just a message that it was successfully connected. I used to have a Volvo without mobile services and the app allowed me to connect to the car via BT for doing lot of staff.

Next time I would ask the dealer if they connect the BMW ID to the car.
Appreciate 0