BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) New Veganza Oyster Interior

10-21-2023, 03:55 PM   #1
Iggy23
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 Xdrive 30i

New Veganza Oyster Interior

Looking to order a 2024 X1. Realize it is still very new but interested in comments from anyone with a 2023 oyster veganza interior as to how it is holding up and, if known, how it compares to the previous oyster sensatec or leather offered on earlier X1 models.

I had a 2015 X1 with oyster leather (at least I think it was leather) and was worried when I got it that it would get dirty quickly and maybe show blue jean color transfer. But it was great. Really loved it. Just don’t want any surprises on the new material.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 02:42 AM   #2
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy23 View Post
Looking to order a 2024 X1. Realize it is still very new but interested in comments from anyone with a 2023 oyster veganza interior as to how it is holding up and, if known, how it compares to the previous oyster sensatec or leather offered on earlier X1 models.

I had a 2015 X1 with oyster leather (at least I think it was leather) and was worried when I got it that it would get dirty quickly and maybe show blue jean color transfer. But it was great. Really loved it. Just don’t want any surprises on the new material.

Thanks in advance.
based on what I've read, most comments were positive about the new vinyl... I menat veganza. My X1 has black Alcantara seats, so I only have Sensatec on the edges and doors...

as for blue jeans transferring color to oyster seats... if you're really worried, you can do what I did to my jeans.

a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to make my blue jeans lighter, so I soaked it in a bucket of undiluted Chlorox bleach. I meant to soak it for just 5 to 10 minutes, but forgot about it. A couple of hours later, I took the blue jeans out and it became this beigh/oyster color. Actually looked quite good. In the pic below, those two pairs of jeans were identical jeans bought at the same time. One received the bleach treatment.
Attached Images

Last edited by SpaceSilverX1; 10-22-2023 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 05:55 PM   #3
hawaiiguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 MSport

Went for my first servicing today (that free oil change plus a recall). They provided me with a loaner vehicle even though the entire servicing took just under two hours.

Gave me a metallic white 2024 XLine 28i with black veganza material interior. All I can say is that compared to my 2023 with Sensatec material, that black veganza looks and feels waaay more luxurious and plush !
Appreciate 1
SAS X119.50