BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Rear windows open on their own while driving

04-13-2024, 10:55 AM   #1
ranceny00
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i

Rear windows open on their own while driving

Anyone else come across this issue? 2024 X1 m35i. The first time it happened, I'd just gotten on the highway and heard what sounded like the rear driver's side window slightly open. I pressed the button to close it and didn't think much of it. Thought maybe I had just not closed it quite all the way previously.

Last week I was driving down the road and suddenly the rear passenger side window opened about 4-5 inches. I immediately closed it. This morning, it happened again on the rear driver's side. The windows are set to child lock, no one else is in the car, phone is in the cradle charging, key is in a bag (accidentally pressing any of those buttons shouldn't open just one random window). Has only been the rear windows and only one when it happens.

I'm wondering if this is a known (software?) issue or a wire short circuiting somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 11:10 AM   #2
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

It has happened to a couple of others, have a read through the thread in the link.
I know most of it is about the app showing window open but there are some that the windows have opened by themselves.

https://u11.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...window+opening
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 11:33 AM   #3
zerbitini
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Yup…. it has happened to me. We have a 2023 x1 28i. I was driving at highway speeds and the rear passenger window went all the way down on its own. It has not happened since.