BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) What will you change/add in your X1

03-27-2023, 01:19 AM   #67
skyboum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1(U11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
That is my car..the all weather one fit more than perfec!
The carpet one are awful!!They dont fit like the rubber ones
Those look nice and stable. Did you get those separately or are the ones the car comes with?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 01:23 AM   #68
Duncs1961
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORNessie View Post
Thanks! And that was for the 2023 X1 (U11)?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 05:08 AM   #69
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboum View Post
Those look nice and stable. Did you get those separately or are the ones the car comes with?
Separately bought them,the car comes with carpet ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 08:49 PM   #70
amilcarnj
Rep
Drives: X1

The center console. It should have been closed instead of open but the rest I love it. Not too crazy about the door handle inside. It looks weird but overall I love my X1.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 04:22 AM   #71
Lantirn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E87 conv, F20, Inbound U11

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilcarnj View Post
The center console. It should have been closed instead of open but the rest I love it. Not too crazy about the door handle inside. It looks weird but overall I love my X1.
I cant agree more. Two points here:

1) The armrest with the transmission panel between the forward could be much better closed. Its not only storage space matter, its also better and more solid in the eye.

2) The center front console area forward of the cup holders and above is a useless empty area in my opinion. Too much space only for a mobile phone which by the way is too low and too far away to mess during driving. All this area should be more elevated.
The very same area looks very empty and disconnected from the upper console where the ventilation is. This area in my opinion could be much better with a rolling hatch (like the X3).

To summarize I think the car loses some character with all these empty spaces and feels cheaper.

I like the simplicity of the new screens but the lack of physical A/C buttons is a big no-no. The car console is empty and feels like a bicycle (ok thats an overstatement but you get what I say ).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 09:11 PM   #72
rittiej
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1M35i

I would like not having mine at the dealer for CarPlay issues. Three weeks out of the 16 weeks since picking up. Very disappointing.
Fun to drive, horror show to own. Oh, XM now doesn’t work….
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 08:40 AM   #73
Zayken
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: IX1 30e / f40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantirn View Post
I cant agree more. Two points here:

1) The armrest with the transmission panel between the forward could be much better closed. Its not only storage space matter, its also better and more solid in the eye.

2) The center front console area forward of the cup holders and above is a useless empty area in my opinion. Too much space only for a mobile phone which by the way is too low and too far away to mess during driving. All this area should be more elevated.
The very same area looks very empty and disconnected from the upper console where the ventilation is. This area in my opinion could be much better with a rolling hatch (like the X3).

To summarize I think the car loses some character with all these empty spaces and feels cheaper.

I like the simplicity of the new screens but the lack of physical A/C buttons is a big no-no. The car console is empty and feels like a bicycle (ok thats an overstatement but you get what I say ).

Bmw needs to fix the regenerators ugly sounds when stopping the car.
for electric vehicles.

Another disturbing thing is the reflection at drives and passenger glass from ambient lighting. Especially from the one over the glovebox. At night driving its annoying.

They need to bring back the rottary fob for i drive !!!
Not because I cant use of the touch screen, Yes i can,
I just like to see it clean. I have even ordered original BMW screen cleaning clothe

I agree with part 2.

I am 6 foot 6 and im struggling to get my phone from its place in the console. Its just too far, And it should fit a second phone too. Come on Bmw..
Same with cup holders, they are feeling very far too. I have to extend my arm to maximum and also move my back from the seat a little to grab my coffee.

The changes I have made are:

I have just ordered adaptive holders from my dealer. Bottles are dancing without the springs holding them tighter.

I changed the floor mats too. All weather look nicer

And I have placed the "natural air" kit too. The forest is my favorite one

Does the key leather case count too ? The simple leather one, if I had the M35 I would go for the M perforance case that looks so good !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 02:53 PM   #74
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayken View Post
Bmw needs to fix the regenerators ugly sounds when stopping the car.
for electric vehicles.

Another disturbing thing is the reflection at drives and passenger glass from ambient lighting. Especially from the one over the glovebox. At night driving its annoying.

They need to bring back the rottary fob for i drive !!!
Not because I cant use of the touch screen, Yes i can,
I just like to see it clean. I have even ordered original BMW screen cleaning clothe

I agree with part 2.

I am 6 foot 6 and im struggling to get my phone from its place in the console. Its just too far, And it should fit a second phone too. Come on Bmw..
Same with cup holders, they are feeling very far too. I have to extend my arm to maximum and also move my back from the seat a little to grab my coffee.

The changes I have made are:

I have just ordered adaptive holders from my dealer. Bottles are dancing without the springs holding them tighter.

And I have placed the "natural air" kit too. The forest is my favorite one

Does the key leather case count too ? The simple leather one, if I had the M35 I would go for the M perforance case that looks so good !!!
Re reflection: have you turned on the automatic reduced brightness during night time drive?

1000% agree that they need to bring back the iDrive knob!

I ordered the adaptive cup holders within a week of getting the car. They’re SO much better

In fairness to BMW, I don’t think they designed their smallest SAV with 6’6 people in mind 🙈 I’m 5’10 and can reach the cup holders just fine. The phone holder could ideally be a little closer but I like that it’s out of the way as it’s less distracting.

As for the two phone chargers in the cradle, well…it’s their entry-level SAV and BMW are definitely not known for their generosity 🤣
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 03:45 PM   #75
Lantirn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E87 conv, F20, Inbound U11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayken View Post
Do you have a part number?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 04:15 PM   #76
Bimmer Nick
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Just 2 things...

I owned a 2017 X1 and ordered a 2023 X1 which was delivered last July. It's the frozen grey metallic pictured in this thread - beautiful! I love the vehicle and have been very happy with it. But 2 areas for improvement (neither would prevent me from buying this X1 again)...
- the dual dual-clutch transmission. You've read about it already. It's not great but not a show stopper. I have an incline pulling out of my driveway and the car often slips backward until the dual clutch engages (annoying!). Also, it's slow coming off the line at a stop sign. But you learn to deal with it and sport more helps (see below). But I'm getting 36MPG highway driving around 80 MPH - better than the 2017, so maybe the dual-clutch has some positive benefits...?
- you can't set sport mode or turn off auto-engine stop as a default. I HATE when the engine shuts off when I stop at a stop sign. I WANT sport mode to be the default. Sadly, neither are possible. The first thing I did was to set up a shortcut for both. So now EVERY time I start the car, I swipe down to shortcuts to either enable sport mode or disable auto engine stop. Why BMW????

Don't take these comments too negatively... The X1 is great!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 04:33 PM   #77
Zayken
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: IX1 30e / f40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantirn View Post
Do you have a part number?
I ordered them from the summer accesories catalogue which was printed at the dealer. Sorry
It will be easy to find them
Appreciate 1
Lantirn16.00
      05-01-2024, 06:26 AM   #78
U11sirgawain
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: bmw x1 3.0e u11

Remove stupid limits on setting customization:
- why I cant set efficient mode as default?
- why I cant have other light colour than blue on efficient mode?
- why I cant have other light colour than red if engine/car in sports mode?
- why I cant see engine temp/pressure in other modes but Sport?
Free customization of instrument/Hud displays regardless of mode!!!!!

As there is no central console I-drive Knob any longer, be able to use right steering wheel knob to be able to navigate/select infotainment screen without need to reach the touchscreen.
Be able to ascertain when brakepads start to act further than just regenerating
Park assistance pro for those with hardware, to be able to unpark remotely if doors blocked in tight parking spot
All above could be easily done by software

Central console is a form over function showcase!
      05-02-2024, 08:36 PM   #79
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i

@Bimmer Nick

Did you have your BMW "Genius" set up a shortcut to deactivate the start-stop? It was a game changer for me to just use that when starting the car each time rather than putting it in sport mode and burning more gas, especially for the slower parts of my travel day. Or are you just irritated (as plenty of us are) that you have to click that shortcut each time?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 06:35 AM   #80
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
If you like the stop/start engine SHORTCUT on center screen you will LOVE the consol control. You can push it when you first get into vehicle & then select DEACTIVATE on screen & when you start up it will have already been DEACTIVATED for that drive.
I have been doing this with my ID9 as far back as the March update. It might have been there since I picked up x1 just before new years.
Attached Images

Last edited by markronnie; 05-03-2024 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 07:21 AM   #81
COOLGREANY
Riding BMWs since 1977
Rep
Drives: 24 xDrive28i Space Silver

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markronnie View Post
If you like the stop/start engine SHORTCUT on center screen you will LOVE the consol control. You can push it when you first get into vehicle & then select DEACTIVATE on screen & when you start up it will have already been DEACTIVATED for that drive.
I have been doing this with my ID9 as far back as the March update. It might have been there since I picked up x1 just before new years.
So, do we tap the locations where the red highlights are?

If you then still have to go to the screen, I'm not sure I'm seeing the benefit of using the shortcut?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 08:09 AM   #82
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
No tap the button where the image of vehicle & 3 horizontal lines are. That will bring you to the firmer screen where you can Deactivate stop/start. Yes, 2 step process. The fact that you can do this before starting engine is a game changer as you will not have to wait until center screen becomes alive which often is a close to a minute. Trust me it takes some of the stress away.

No it’s not a push one time & it’s off forever, but no manufacturer allows that as an OEM function. That would defeat the potential fuel savings Government mandates in many countries.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 09:19 AM   #83
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

I’m very happy with my X1, but would like to see an option for a craft beer keg dispenser. Surely someone can come up with a mod for this…? 😉🍻
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2024, 09:48 AM   #84
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomduck View Post
I’m very happy with my X1, but would like to see an option for a craft beer keg dispenser. Surely someone can come up with a mod for this…? 😉🍻
I'd settle for a delete of the wireless charger and putting in a larger cupholder that can accept a Hydroflask or Yeti thermos. Or a sunglass holder.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2024, 10:49 AM   #85
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
Yes the wireless charger is a JOKE 🃏specially if a case on in the phone. WHATS THE POINT. I’m just glad I did not pay for it separately. It was part of the Premium Package I wanted because it had HUD and a few other features I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 11:25 AM   #86
Webby1518
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X1

Quote:
Yes the wireless charger is a JOKE 🃏specially if a case on in the phone. WHATS THE POINT. I’m just glad I did not pay for it separately. It was part of the Premium Package I wanted because it had HUD and a few other features I wanted.
if it makes you feel better I paid for the wireless charger in my 2021 X1, which is in the armrest, and my phone from 2018 was too big to ever fit inside it. waste of $500
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 01:08 PM   #87
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
This must be ID9 only, just installed the latest update and I can’t do this on my ID8 X1
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:39 PM   #88
COOLGREANY
Riding BMWs since 1977
Rep
Drives: 24 xDrive28i Space Silver

Garage List
Thanks for clarifying (I could have sword I saw two red highlights on the photo this morning.

Quote:
[B]The fact that you can do this before starting engine is a game changer as you will not have to wait until center screen becomes alive which often is a close to a minute.
Hmm, my screen is alive fairly quickly and nowhere near a minute to wait.