BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Update Road Map and change region

05-01-2024, 03:40 PM   #1
Master_Net
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023 sdrive20i

Exclamation Update Road Map and change region

Hello every one,
I was bought BMW x1 2023 sdrive20i from Germany and import it to Egypt and I can not update navigation map to Egypt, I can only update to Europe only, Also I can not change the country from Localization settings in my profile in my bmw id
appear this message in edit page "Your localization can only be changed if no vehicle is mapped to your BMW ID."

How can solve this and change navigation map to Egypt instead of Europe ?

I send to BMW dealer in Egypt, told me pay big cost to get new activation code for the new region and i have already register for map until 2025 but for Europe and the dealer not accept to change the region for me

I sent to BMW Germany and not replied from a week to me yet

I see lots sites sell the Road Map AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST Live 2024-1 but they told this is files only without activation code, so if i used it my current Europe activation code will work with it or not ?

and any suggestion from you to solve this ?
Regards
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 01:33 PM   #2
cOBRaX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 3 320e (2023) + X1 20i (2024)

There is no solution, BMW strictly locked region/country on 2023/2024 cars, maybe because China or another reimport

If you buy car in one country with some language supported, cannot be upgraded or changed, its BIG thing nobody knows, and in future will be BIG problem for many users who will buy car from Germany and will use it in other country ...

PS. I know it, because two months fighting with BMW to my local language assistant and Navi support to work in my country ...

PS. Maybe you can try delete BMW ID from car + phone, make new BMW ID without connection to car, change country in App and then scan QR in car, like a new car.

Last edited by cOBRaX; 05-02-2024 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 02:58 PM   #3
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Waze
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 07:26 AM   #4
Master_Net
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023 sdrive20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOBRaX View Post
There is no solution, BMW strictly locked region/country on 2023/2024 cars, maybe because China or another reimport

If you buy car in one country with some language supported, cannot be upgraded or changed, its BIG thing nobody knows, and in future will be BIG problem for many users who will buy car from Germany and will use it in other country ...

PS. I know it, because two months fighting with BMW to my local language assistant and Navi support to work in my country ...

PS. Maybe you can try delete BMW ID from car + phone, make new BMW ID without connection to car, change country in App and then scan QR in car, like a new car.
Thank you for your response, can you tell me what they did after your fighting with them ?

I'm start my fighting yesterday I sent to them for Germany support told them the dealer in Egypt ask for big cost for new activation code for the new location and not accept to change me the location in my exists Europe code , they asked me to send the dealer name and address and copy of the registration certificate part 1 (front and back) for my car

I will send the info to them to know what exactly they will do with the local dealer
Regards
Appreciate 0