BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) iX1 parking assistant pro?

09-13-2024, 08:21 PM   #1
ivanshih
Rep
Drives: BMW IX1

iX1 parking assistant pro?

Recently, Taiwan BMW has announced iX1 is able to purchase parking assistant pro, but, if your iX1 production date before Feb 2024 is impossible to purchase this service. The feature only available for production date after March 2024 and s/w version upgrade to 7/2024. I dont understand why BMW make this so stupid decision….. they said OS9 is a new platform and user can purchase service from store balabala….. but the reality is completely opposite. Does anyone one heard about this information? I just wondering to know why production date in 2023/11-2024/02 but the same platform OS9 can not have this feature….
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 12:56 AM   #2
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanshih View Post
Recently, Taiwan BMW has announced iX1 is able to purchase parking assistant pro, but, if your iX1 production date before Feb 2024 is impossible to purchase this service. The feature only available for production date after March 2024 and s/w version upgrade to 7/2024. I dont understand why BMW make this so stupid decision….. they said OS9 is a new platform and user can purchase service from store balabala….. but the reality is completely opposite. Does anyone one heard about this information? I just wondering to know why production date in 2023/11-2024/02 but the same platform OS9 can not have this feature….
One thing to note is that dealerships do not know everything, and in many cases, they know less than us. More importantly, they will give random information.

Unless BMW changed the hardware in March 2024, there is no reason why any iX1 on OS9 with parking assistant plus and comfort entry will not get it. Unfortunately, OS8 might be a different story (which makes me furious!)

We will have to wait and see once the 07/2024 update becomes available via OTA for the iX1. The only 100% answer we will get is through users experiences on here
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 03:40 AM   #3
Joaste
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
One thing to note is that dealerships do not know everything, and in many cases, they know less than us. More importantly, they will give random information.

Unless BMW changed the hardware in March 2024, there is no reason why any iX1 on OS9 with parking assistant plus and comfort entry will not get it. Unfortunately, OS8 might be a different story (which makes me furious!)

We will have to wait and see once the 07/2024 update becomes available via OTA for the iX1. The only 100% answer we will get is through users experiences on here
Only cars manufactured as of March 2024 will be able to have this option.

This is already documented by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 07:42 AM   #4
Markf27
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11

Does anyone know what changed/is different in the March builds. I seem to recall a previous discussion that established DAP and some other options were a requirement for Parking Asst Pro, but the Taiwan note seems to suggest March 2024 onwards. There is also some discussion on another post from Canada that suggested it surprisingly worked on previous models once upgraded to 07/2024 by removing then readding to Connected account, but not clear if that was X1.

Last edited by Markf27; 09-14-2024 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #5
WhiteDogBE
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1 2024

Kinda happy now my iX1 was delivered 2 months late... manufactured April 2024.

Any chance we will ever get Highway Assist in Europe? Ford Mach-E recently got this approved...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 11:13 PM   #6
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDogBE View Post
Kinda happy now my iX1 was delivered 2 months late... manufactured April 2024.

Any chance we will ever get Highway Assist in Europe? Ford Mach-E recently got this approved...
By highway assistant do you mean the thing they demoed on the 5 series, where you glance at a side mirror and the car automatically moves to the lane of that side mirror? And you can drive hands-free for longer than ~20 seconds?

Or are you referring to lane-keeping with automatic steering (see attached screenshot)

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 04:06 AM   #7
MMandov
Private
Rep
Drives: iX1 eDrive20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaste View Post
Only cars manufactured as of March 2024 will be able to have this option.

This is already documented by BMW.
Do you have a URL to such a statement as I can't find anything?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:33 PM   #8
WhiteDogBE
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
By highway assistant do you mean the thing they demoed on the 5 series, where you glance at a side mirror and the car automatically moves to the lane of that side mirror? And you can drive hands-free for longer than ~20 seconds?
I was referring to driving hands-free on select roads, like the highway. I see video's online where the DAP has the green lights constanly on in the steering wheel... assume this is how it works in the USA?

Since Ford got permission for this in the EU (BlueCruise) and BMW appears to have this in the USA I'm guessing they cannot be far behind
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 11:22 PM   #9
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDogBE View Post
I was referring to driving hands-free on select roads, like the highway. I see video's online where the DAP has the green lights constanly on in the steering wheel... assume this is how it works in the USA?

Since Ford got permission for this in the EU (BlueCruise) and BMW appears to have this in the USA I'm guessing they cannot be far behind
Sorry, still not entirely sure what you mean because we have this in Europe (and on the X1/iX1), unless you mean complete hands free for the entire time you’re on the highway? We have the green lights on the steering wheel and have hands free driving on the highway and city, the only thing is you have to touch the steering wheel every ~20 seconds to keep it activated, otherwise the green light turns orange and then red and finally deactivates (similar to Tesla’s..which is why many drivers have bought a steering wheel weight/nag reducer)
Appreciate 0