BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) HUD - Standard or Optional on M Sport (UK)?

05-18-2023, 04:46 AM   #1
dsab85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMC X1 i20 M Sport

HUD - Standard or Optional on M Sport (UK)?

I was somehow under the impression that the HUD was an optional feature because when I configure a new X1 M Sport online it states that HUD comes as part of the optional "Technology Plus Pack".

But when looking at the BMW site it now states that HUD is standard equipment for the M Sport. https://brochures.bmw.co.uk/the-new-...-Specification

Does anyone know what it is now?

Thanks,
dsab
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 05:13 AM   #2
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

I think you need the Tech Plus pack. On my iX1, you couldn't pick it individually. I think with the WLTP introduction, manufacturers don't like loads of individual options.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 05:16 AM   #3
dsab85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMC X1 i20 M Sport

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Was just thrown by the fact that the above link has it down as standard equipment.

Might just check with my dealer, though I doubt they know much more then what's on the website. :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 05:27 AM   #4
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsab85 View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Was just thrown by the fact that the above link has it down as standard equipment.

Might just check with my dealer, though I doubt they know much more then what's on the website. :-)
That list is a copy paste too far. It also list Driving Assistant professional that's a £1500+ option extra on its own. I'd check the configurator it is 'mostly' more accurate. That list is wrong, think comfort access is also in a tech pack as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 05:37 AM   #5
Bodgeit1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25E MSport on Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsab85 View Post

Yes I just checked and it clearly says that HUD is on the Standard Spec of the M Sport
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 05:54 AM   #6
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodgeit1 View Post
Yes I just checked and it clearly says that HUD is on the Standard Spec of the M Sport
HUDand Driver Assistant Pro are clearly quite expensive extras though, BMW is never keen to give away things on cars. Still pretty certain it's an error.

£1650 - Drive Assistance Pro
£1205 - Tech Pack Plus - that includes HUD and the extra cameras for the Cockpit drive directions as well.

There is no way they are going to add both of those and keep the price the same and not take nearly £3k..
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2023, 06:18 AM   #7
Bodgeit1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe they got the brochure wrong but it would be good to use it as a negotiating tool when picking up the car for a few extra's,
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 09:33 AM   #8
tareknet89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Phev

Wouldn't trust the dealer anyway until you get the full specs sheet when placing the actual order, try to always check after them as they make many mistakes. As for your question, I think it's for extra. Configurator looks more accurate as per my experience. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 07:32 AM   #9
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I"m board and was just closing down so tabs - https://brochures.bmw.co.uk/the-new-...ogy-multimedia

The BMW brochure pages show that the HUD and other similar listed elements are option extras not standard. It's not as clear as a good old brochure and list of what's standard and optional. Oh how I wish they did one (They do for Germany!).
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2023, 08:50 AM   #10
Bodgeit1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
I"m board and was just closing down so tabs - https://brochures.bmw.co.uk/the-new-...ogy-multimedia

The BMW brochure pages show that the HUD and other similar listed elements are option extras not standard. It's not as clear as a good old brochure and list of what's standard and optional. Oh how I wish they did one (They do for Germany!).
I love the fact that the UK brochure says its in, the German brochure says its optional, I'm with you on the old style grid list with inc or optional
Appreciate 1
MontyB11421.00