BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) ID9 - Feedback / Updates / Bugs

01-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #243
Shx5000
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11/iDrive9)

Just checking in to see if anyone has Drive Recorder working on an X1 with iDrive 9? If so, would you mind letting me know the software version your car is running? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 01:49 PM   #244
COOLGREANY
Riding BMWs since 1977
Rep
Drives: 24 xDrive28i Space Silver

Garage List
Finally picked up our 2024 X28i.

ID9 software version at delivery was 11/2023.25 which is the latest according to the over-the-air update. Supposedly there is a newer version which may be a dealer load but I didn't mention it on pickup.
      01-13-2024, 02:44 PM   #245
Splont
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shx5000 View Post
Just checking in to see if anyone has Drive Recorder working on an X1 with iDrive 9? If so, would you mind letting me know the software version your car is running? Thanks.
I'm on idrive9 with drive recorder working. Version 11/2023.25. When I first got the car it didn't show. Magically after a week it appeared, but I never got a software update
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 05:30 AM   #246
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

The apps can get added and updated to the firmware. See the firmware as the OS and the rest as the apps. We got in the other day and it said apps updated, how, what changes, what’s new? No idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 10:47 AM   #247
Heera
Rep
Drives: X1

Collision Assistance Warning

I have just recently updated Connected Drive, and whilst driving I received a message saying that, the collision warning assistance may not assistant collisions and to take it back to the dealer for diagnosis. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any idea why?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 01:49 PM   #248
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Can happen with dirty sensors / cameras.
Appreciate 1
JoB0113.50
      01-16-2024, 10:18 AM   #249
MMandov
Rep
Drives: iX1 eDrive20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splont View Post
I'm on idrive9 with drive recorder working. Version 11/2023.25. When I first got the car it didn't show. Magically after a week it appeared, but I never got a software update
I saw there was an update available for Drive Recorder app itself on 13th of Jan. I guess that's the reason why it got activated for you.
I got my car a month ago and it was active.

Remote 3D View is related to Drive Recorder, but it seems to only work when triggered by an alarm event in my case. Is it the same for everyone, or you can trigger it on-demand?
Appreciate 1
abirmaher843.50
      01-16-2024, 10:50 AM   #250
bowman
Rep
Drives: x1 m35i

For those having ID9 / carplay issues, please complain loudly and make the dealer $ervice the car to encourage BMW to get a quicker fix and maybe acknowledge the issues.

I have a 24' x1 m35i and it is a glorious vehicle but ID9 / carplay is a bad stain at the moment.

When carplay is connected to id9 it crashes every 15 minutes or so, usually locking up before dropping calls. Then it will reconnect a few minutes later changing the audio source from satellite to Spotify. I have had some embarrassing situations with dropped calls, then scrambling for my phone to get it on speaker and muted while ID9 restarts, drops navigation, etc. I consider this a safety issue as well.

My first trip the dealer resulted in nothing. I am setting up a cheap video camera and will start making recordings of this nonsense to come back with evidence. Also working on some repeatable test cases for inducing a crash.l
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 02:41 PM   #251
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMandov View Post
Remote 3D View is related to Drive Recorder, but it seems to only work when triggered by an alarm event in my case. Is it the same for everyone, or you can trigger it on-demand?
You can trigger a remote 360degree view of the car from the app remotely with ID8. It drops an image into the app so you can check the car surroundings, allows the same with the interior camera as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 03:43 PM   #252
enjay77
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman View Post
For those having ID9 / carplay issues, please complain loudly and make the dealer $ervice the car to encourage BMW to get a quicker fix and maybe acknowledge the issues.

I have a 24' x1 m35i and it is a glorious vehicle but ID9 / carplay is a bad stain at the moment.

When carplay is connected to id9 it crashes every 15 minutes or so, usually locking up before dropping calls. Then it will reconnect a few minutes later changing the audio source from satellite to Spotify. I have had some embarrassing situations with dropped calls, then scrambling for my phone to get it on speaker and muted while ID9 restarts, drops navigation, etc. I consider this a safety issue as well.

My first trip the dealer resulted in nothing. I am setting up a cheap video camera and will start making recordings of this nonsense to come back with evidence. Also working on some repeatable test cases for inducing a crash.l
Is this a specific issue when iD9 is combined with M135 as I have iD9 on a 23d MSport and have no issues like this?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 07:04 PM   #253
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

Quote:

We were very clear with the dealership on our consistent interruptions as CarPlay is an important part of our intended use for the vehicle, but that’s for a separate topic. We also had one other issue with the vehicle. My wife bought the vehicle for a sales job where she is consistently on calls and using Google maps. I tried to show her how to use BMW Navigation and just use Bluetooth for calls, but the address finder in BMW Nav is simply not anywhere near as robust.

BMW is aware of the issue in our case because they instructed the dealership to install a new headunit. Unfortunately the headunit has zero inventory globally with no ETA on when one will be available.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 11:17 AM   #254
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
When I picked up my 2024 x1 28i just before new year it came with the new iDrive 9 with the latest software version 11/2023.25. As of now (less than 400 miles) I’ve not experienced any of the issues many mentioned they are having with the 8.5 & 9 versions.
That includes the inability to reposition shortcuts by touching & holding what you wish to move to another location. Mine is working just fine. I’ve also been able to set up XM radio favorites & repositioning them in the same manner.

My only gripe so far & it may have something to do with other BMW’s as well, is that driver 1 (primarily) & driver 2 (secondary) must each set up their own radio stations & destinations. There is no way to SYNC up between the 2 if one chooses to do so. Even when using the BMW App to send destinations, it will only show in either driver 1 or 2 NOT BOTH. So it’s always has to be done twice if you want to use the internal Navigation system to go to the same places.
That drives me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 01:27 PM   #255
rlynn92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i,X1 M35i

Quote:

Do you know if there’s a way to wire BMW directly about these issues? I don’t have faith in my dealer to do anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 01:42 PM   #256
coffejor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 M35i; 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynn92 View Post
Do you know if there’s a way to wire BMW directly about these issues? I don’t have faith in my dealer to do anything.
BMW NA actually reached out to me to discuss my experience with the M35 (assuming that it was because I was among one of the first to receive mine?). Spent over an hour with the rep detailing issues - she was very interested and asked a lot of detailed questions, even wanting exact error messages and pictures where possible. At the conclusion I mentioned the forum and that many of my issues were experienced by a large number of folks. She encouraged us to reach out to them directly to provide feedback via the customer experience line at 1‑855‑269‑3357 or via email at ShareYourThoughts@bmwusa.com.
Appreciate 1
Maui_M46.50
      01-17-2024, 07:37 PM   #257
Fish35i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 M35i

Have the same CarPlay/iD9 issue in my new X1 M35i. Less than a month since I got it. Taking it in for the second time on Friday. How is this not a lemon law issue yet considering this has been going on for months for so many owners?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 08:41 PM   #258
richiro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffejor View Post
BMW NA actually reached out to me to discuss my experience with the M35 (assuming that it was because I was among one of the first to receive mine?). Spent over an hour with the rep detailing issues - she was very interested and asked a lot of detailed questions, even wanting exact error messages and pictures where possible. At the conclusion I mentioned the forum and that many of my issues were experienced by a large number of folks. She encouraged us to reach out to them directly to provide feedback via the customer experience line at 1‑855‑269‑3357 or via email at ShareYourThoughts@bmwusa.com.
Funny you should say this, as I too was someone who was "randomly" selected to share my experience with my new M35i. I too spent about 40 minutes on the phone with a gentleman and discussed everything about the delivery to the expectation and what my experience has been overall.

I doubt that anything will come from it, he sounded like this was all formality as a "courtesy follow up" but couldn't really do anything about it.

Just a note taker.

I have personally called the BMW assist line and have gotten some movement, they said they would pay for a monthly payment since the vehicle has been at service 4 separate times already within the first 1000 miles.

I didn't have to sign anything or acknowledge receipt of this payment which was done via zelle transfer from BMW NA finance.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 08:56 PM   #259
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I saw there was an update available for Drive Recorder app itself on 13th of Jan. I guess that's the reason why it got activated for you.
I got my car a month ago and it was active.

I’m on version 07/2023.72. Drive recorder isn’t here but I can do the remote 3D view on demand.

Hoping to get the update soon for drive recorder but would hate to lose the 3D view on demand. I use it all the time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MMandov16.50
      01-18-2024, 08:31 AM   #260
MMandov
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
I’m on version 07/2023.72. Drive recorder isn’t here but I can do the remote 3D view on demand.

Hoping to get the update soon for drive recorder but would hate to lose the 3D view on demand. I use it all the time.
Thanks for the feedback!
I have the same view, but only if triggered by the "Anti-theft recorder". I think the 2 are related as when you click "Details", you can play the 4 videos from the 4 cameras.

Try to see if you have an update for Drive Recorder app in your Connected Drive store app in the car. There is a separate tab to manage the apps.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 08:42 AM   #261
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback!
I have the same view, but only if triggered by the "Anti-theft recorder". I think the 2 are related as when you click "Details", you can play the 4 videos from the 4 cameras.

Try to see if you have an update for Drive Recorder app in your Connected Drive store app in the car. There is a separate tab to manage the apps.
Nothing yet but I think that’s because I’m on the July software update. Waiting for my service guys to have a loaner free to get me in for the update.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 05:27 AM   #262
BMWBoris
Rep
Drives: BMW XI xDrive 23i xLine

Slow boot up

Hi, does the latest software 11/2023.25 resolve the slow boot up issue which started to happen after the July update? I believe that this latest update is not OTA and has to be dealer inputted. Or is the slow boot up now the normal?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 06:14 AM   #263
COOLGREANY
Riding BMWs since 1977
Rep
Drives: 24 xDrive28i Space Silver

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBoris View Post
Hi, does the latest software 11/2023.25 resolve the slow boot up issue which started to happen after the July update? I believe that this latest update is not OTA and has to be dealer inputted. Or is the slow boot up now the normal?
There's a little delay but my spouse and I haven't found it annoyingly slow. I didn't use the old system so can't compare it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 09:49 AM   #264
MMandov
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBoris View Post
Yes, its still there. Sometimes it loads fast, but in some cases it takes almost a minute to load and you drive without displays. Fortunately, parking cameras seem to be independent of it, as rear and front camera activation points start while the rest is still loading.
Appreciate 0