BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) 2023 X1 18d - Brake system failure

03-08-2024, 04:07 PM   #1
uchoglay
Rep
Drives: M2

2023 X1 18d - Brake system failure

Good day fellow X1/X2 owners

I’m making this thread to find out if anyone else can relate to my experience with this car.

Here we have a beautiful X1 18d M sport, 8 months old. Over those 8 months, I have experienced one specific specific problem on a number of occasions. It’s an issue where the brake system fails and all the systems relating to the brakes completely shut off, making it impossible to use the brakes ultimately making it extremely dangerous to drive on the road.

It has happened on 4 occasions during these 8 months and on each occasion I had the car seen to by various BMW dealers here in Cape Town. The first 2 occasions they reset the software, this made no difference as was made apparent on the third occasion. This time, they decided to replace the battery, which also did absolutely nothing resulting in this issue occurring for a fourth time and is an ongoing case as of the date of this post.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, were there any resolutions? Have a look through the gallery to see the relevant warning messages.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 04:19 PM   #2
Tsapetro
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 23i

Check out this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 04:29 PM   #3
uchoglay
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsapetro View Post
Check out this
Thanks man! I’m in South Africa and I’m completely unaware that there is a whole recall with regards to the braking system. Will take this up with BMW in South Africa
Appreciate 1