BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) 2024 X1 M35i - Issues (Help)

04-04-2024, 10:51 PM   #23
tcfx1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 M35i

X1 M35i 2024 - Issues HELP

Hi everyone,

I bought a new BMW X1 35i 2024 in January 2024. I initially noticed issues with a navigation system, remote control issues, car play issues, a freezing screen, and the music randomly cut off. The car play keeps disconnecting and connecting, even if i am on a phone call or just listening to music, etc. I returned the car to the dealer after only seven days of use because of the above issues. They scanned my X1 and confirmed it had a problem, so they replaced the Antenna and upgraded the system. They gave me my car back seven days later with the new Antenna, but the car still had the same problems, like I couldn't use GPS, call, or listen to music without problems. So I returned the car again, and still the car is in the dealer. The vehicle has been in the dealer for two months (Total 76 days - in dealer).

They ordered new parts and a new screen. Unfortunately, they can't fix it. They told me the mechanics at the dealer can't fix it, BMW connects to the car, and not even engineers can fix the problem. They sent a BMW expert and rep, and the car play problem is still ongoing.
First, they replaced the Antenna, and the problem continued. They have replaced my screen two times now, and the problem still continues.

So, now they just told me that even if Apple CarPlay is not working but the Bluetooth is, so now BMW Corporate wants me to pick up the car and drive with those issues until the software issue can be fixed.
I understand I can use Bluetooth, but if I buy a new 2024 car, it should be in perfect condition and working 100%. The Carplay is a feature of the car, and now they are saying I can't use it, but I still keep paying for the car.

In addition, I thought that was only my car, but they gave me an X1 loaner, which, to my dismay, exhibited the same issues as my car.

Question to you all: Is the Lemon law an option in this case? I know that in Texas, we have lemon law. Honestly, I dont know what to do. I have seen some of you got your car replaced. I told the BMW that I didn't want my car anymore; I wanted to replace the unit. Which phone number did you contact to get the vehicle replaced?

If you guys can provide any feedback or help, I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2024, 11:57 PM   #24
Brazukinha
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfx1 View Post
Hi everyone,

I bought a new BMW X1 35i 2024 in January 2024. I initially noticed issues with a navigation system, remote control issues, car play issues, a freezing screen, and the music randomly cut off. The car play keeps disconnecting and connecting, even if i am on a phone call or just listening to music, etc. I returned the car to the dealer after only seven days of use because of the above issues. They scanned my X1 and confirmed it had a problem, so they replaced the Antenna and upgraded the system. They gave me my car back seven days later with the new Antenna, but the car still had the same problems, like I couldn't use GPS, call, or listen to music without problems. So I returned the car again, and still the car is in the dealer. The vehicle has been in the dealer for two months (Total 76 days - in dealer).

They ordered new parts and a new screen. Unfortunately, they can't fix it. They told me the mechanics at the dealer can't fix it, BMW connects to the car, and not even engineers can fix the problem. They sent a BMW expert and rep, and the car play problem is still ongoing.
First, they replaced the Antenna, and the problem continued. They have replaced my screen two times now, and the problem still continues.

So, now they just told me that even if Apple CarPlay is not working but the Bluetooth is, so now BMW Corporate wants me to pick up the car and drive with those issues until the software issue can be fixed.
I understand I can use Bluetooth, but if I buy a new 2024 car, it should be in perfect condition and working 100%. The Carplay is a [...]
Yes! Most states after 30 days at the shop, you get to go through Lemon Law. And no, you shouldn't have to go around the problem by not using Apple Car. Speak with the dealer and see what they can do, if nothing, then go the the Lemon Law way.

I should be getting my brand new replacement now in May. I'm hoping it doesn't come with the same issues. I didn't have to go through the Lemon Law route, because the dealership called me and offered the option... But I was going to. Good luck! And let us know
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 06:15 AM   #25
cOBRaX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 3 320e (2023) + X1 20i (2024)

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I understand I can use Bluetooth, but if I buy a new 2024 car, it should be in perfect condition and working 100%. The Carplay is a feature of the car, and now they are saying I can't use it, but I still keep paying for the car.

In addition, I thought that was only my car, but they gave me an X1 loaner, which, to my dismay, exhibited the same issues as my car.

Question to you all: Is the Lemon law an option in this case? I know that in Texas, we have lemon law. Honestly, I dont know what to do. I have seen some of you got your car replaced. I told the BMW that I didn't want my car anymore; I wanted to replace the unit. Which phone number did you contact to get the vehicle replaced?

If you guys can provide any feedback or help, I would appreciate it.
I am also thinking of returning my month old car. The navigation system does not work, the navigation does not speak, voice control or GPS instructions do not work, there is also a problem with the radio, sometimes it turns itself off, also the back mirrors fold sometimes working, sometimes not.

The golden OS 8.5 I have in my other car, OS 9 is hell, I don't understand how BMW can sell a thing that is half broken.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 03:08 PM   #26
richiro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I understand I can use Bluetooth, but if I buy a new 2024 car, it should be in perfect condition and working 100%. The Carplay is a [...]
Coming from a similar experience, I can tell you that bmw is firmly standing behind their product and don’t see any major issues with it.

I too had experts from corporate come down and etc etc, really it’s up to the dealer if they want to buy your car back and seek goodwill reimbursement from bmw which at least my dealer was not willing to.

I have all the documentation I need for a lemon law in nj but I also have accepted a settlement which I feel was enough for me to bear with the short comings of the tech side of the car.

Since I’ve had the car returned to me from a month long visit at service, it has been behaving a little better day by day. Although today it threw up this weird ghost screen.

So yes there are problems, yes they are aware, they will likely not do anything about it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1