BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Coding help with Harman Kardon led

04-08-2024, 01:05 PM   #1
glazewhite
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Coding help with Harman Kardon led

Hi all, I changed my speakers and replaced the blind twitter covers with the Harman Kardon ones. I have the base sound system.

I then connected the LEDs to the door harness but the Harman Kardon LEDs do not light up. I realise there is coding required for this.

Is there someone that can help? I have idrive9. If I do the coding, will this affect future OTR updates?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 01:30 PM   #2
JAYtheVET
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 X23d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glazewhite View Post
Hi all, I changed my speakers and replaced the blind twitter covers with the Harman Kardon ones. I have the base sound system.

I then connected the LEDs to the door harness but the Harman Kardon LEDs do not light up. I realise there is coding required for this.

Is there someone that can help? I have idrive9. If I do the coding, will this affect future OTR updates?

Thanks!
Since it sounds like you know what you're doing...

Instead of coding the software (which I believe will void your warranty), run a power supply with led's (light strip which can be cut to desired length) to the rear of the light points on the speaker covers.

Or just live with the fact they can't light up. I know I could to have better sound. - The rest of the car lights up all over the place, who cares whether you can see the HK-Label or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:17 PM   #3
glazewhite
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thanks, I think you are probably right. I don't mind keeping them dormant. No big deal, but wouldn't like to miss on something that might have been straightforward to do. Apparently, it isn't so I'll stay put.

BTW, Installed Focal iS 100L and sound is completely transformed! Next step is to go for a Match 8UP dsp amp... I am glad I did not go for the HK system, eventually.
Appreciate 0