BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Consistent "no online connection" in the morning

04-11-2024, 02:52 PM   #1
guppy
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Consistent "no online connection" in the morning

2024 28i xdrive
11/2023.73 software (ID9)

I've had my X1 for around 3 weeks now and this has been fairly consistent. Every morning, I can't use nav or anything requiring a connection to the internet. I get the "globe with an X" icon in the toolbar and nav says "no online connection". No traffic, etc.

YET. The app shows the location and all my trips are being updated in the app. I will get a connection at some point during the day (leaving work, out at lunch). It's most bizarre (and incredibly annoying since Nav does not work without a connection).

Is this a fixable problem? Or I wonder if it's just whatever provider BMW is using has a poor signal where I live? My cell works just fine and we are very close to a tower but not sure if this is an ID9 idiosynchacy or an actual problem.

Anyone else see anything like this?

This is what I see in the HU (attached)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0