BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) iX1 experience & impressions

04-01-2023, 01:00 PM   #1
[/:\] GP9000
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F31 330i

Garage List
iX1 experience & impressions

After owning a E87 1-series and currently driving a F31 (both pre-owned), my wife‘s recent purchase was the first BMW we built and ordered new.

Order & Delivery
We tested VW’s ID3 and EQA from Mercedes and also checked out Ioniq 5 and Cupra Born last year. But I convinced her to wait for X1 launch, based on early renderings.
Fast fwd to the launch in November we started configuring the car and obtaining different quotations for a good deal.
Finally my wife ordered her car on 2nd January, made a minor adjustment (black mirror caps instead of body color) and picked it up only 10 weeks later on 17th March.
Super quick since our dealer suggested September.

Configuration
* BMW iX1 xDrive30
* Base configuration (only way to have fabric seats since my wife doesn‘t like leather).
* Exterior color Cape York Green
* Interior fabric Arktur Anthrazit w/ Quarz silver trim
* Innovation Pack
incl wireless charging, live cockpit prof., adaptive LED headlights, parking assist plus, comfort access, mirror pack, high beam assist
* AC charging professional
* Tinted rear windows

Delivery
Pick up was a breeze and after one more signature our sales rep introduced the most important features as well as the charging procedure. We were offered a session with BMWs product genius in case for specific questions.

Initial impressions
My wife and I are super happy how the spec turned out. We love Cape York Green, especially when the sun is out, and already received couple of compliments for the car. The cloth seats are firm, but comfy and offer good lateral support - only lagging a bit of length. It‘s missing an extractable upper leg support which I really like on my F31 (sport seats).

First Drive
We took the car for a drive to the Dutch coast to test it‘s capabilities some more and get familiar with EV lifestyle on longer distances.

The iX1 swallowed all the luggage we needed for a few days - bear in mind with a 1-yr-old baby.
The drive was very relaxing with the only noise coming from wind, tires and occasionally the baby. On the route to our destination (approx. 300km) the navigation added a 6-min charging stopp although we might habe reached our destination on a single charge.

In the Netherlands we experienced a superb charging network by Fastned allowing up to 300kw charging. (iX1 is limited to 150lw I think)
When we started the charging we ran in some trouble as the car indicated it was full after only 2min.
We quickly found out that charging limit was somehow set to 40% and adjusted to 100%. After a short lunch break of 30min we left re-charged at around 95%.

With BMW charging card, Fastned app and another app from ENBW (provider from Germany) charging was never an issue - even the small town where we stayed had public charging 500m from our holiday home.

Overall we enjoyed the first 900 kilometers and managed an average of 18.6 kwh / 100km with most of the distance travelled at moderate Autobahn speeds. (100-120 km/h)
BMW claims 18,1–16,9 on WLTP cycle.

For longer trips we will most likely take the F31 to cover 500+ km on a single tank.

Negatives: Some of the interior materials feel cheap compared to the previous gen 3-series. For example window buttons have hard plastic whereas the 3 has a soft touch feel to it.
Idrive: While we still need to discover all the tech the car has to offer, the 3-series iDrive (and other physical buttons) allows for some quick intuitive menue / feature access.

Next: Further familiarize with all the tech gadgets in detail (ie self-parking).
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-01-2023, 01:08 PM   #2
[/:\] GP9000
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F31 330i

Garage List
* Bonus pics of some NIOs and their battery swap shop
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
PatL28.50
donnus20.50
evad3.00
      05-20-2023, 08:05 PM   #3
M3chaser
M3chaser
Rep
Drives: 14 M50, iX1

Nice car and wonderful experiences you have shared.
Coming from a F31 how would you describe the ride quality and the drive experience (ev vs ice) so far.
What's your average mileage so far on a full charge?
Appreciate 0