BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Having a difficult time deciding between options...

05-20-2023, 08:41 AM   #1
XONE
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Having a difficult time deciding between options...

Hi everyone!

I'm debating between a Q3 SB and an X1. But after driving both, I really prefered the X1. So I'm thinking of buying an X1 xDrive25e, but I'm having a difficult time deciding between options.

- I currently have the base fabric seats and I'm deciding between heated seats or active seats, which one would you choose? (My logic is that fabric seats never feel as cold as leather ones and I can heat up the car from my phone before entering if it's extremely cold. Also a massage sounds incredible for long drives!)

- Also, is the sunroof worth it?

- Is the Driving Assistant Pack worth it, or will having the Driving Assistant Pack Plus be more than enough?

- How bad is the base soundsystem? Is the Harman Kardon soundsystem that much worth it?

Since you guys truly know your cars, I would love to hear what you think about the options!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
bfaliszek
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11

I have the X1 20i M Sport since the end of January.

a) heated seats or active seats? Why not both? I have heated seats with massage (recommended, my back always hurt after 3-4 hours in the car, now I don't have this problem) in the leather version.

b) If I have to save on a package, it's always on the sunroof

c) Driving Assistant Pack and Driving Assistant Pack Plus are two completely different packages and I recommend buying both. Driving Assistant(without Plus) is basically blind spot monitoring. Driving Assistant Plus is active cruise control and lane keeping systems, traffic jams, etc.

d) I don't have a Harman Kardon system and I don't really regret it. HK sounds a little better, has stronger bass, but the basic system is still much better than what I had in the previous car, so it is enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 09:56 AM   #3
XONE
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaliszek View Post
I have the X1 20i M Sport since the end of January.

a) heated seats or active seats? Why not both? I have heated seats with massage (recommended, my back always hurt after 3-4 hours in the car, now I don't have this problem) in the leather version.

b) If I have to save on a package, it's always on the sunroof

c) Driving Assistant Pack and Driving Assistant Pack Plus are two completely different packages and I recommend buying both. Driving Assistant(without Plus) is basically blind spot monitoring. Driving Assistant Plus is active cruise control and lane keeping systems, traffic jams, etc.

d) I don't have a Harman Kardon system and I don't really regret it. HK sounds a little better and has stronger bass, but the basic system is still much better than what I had in the previous car, so it is enough for me.
Oh, thank you! I love the idea of having a sunroof to make the cabin feel more spacious. But if I leave that option out, I have more money for other options like heated and active seats.

Is the massage function good?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Fully loaded or bust.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 10:49 AM   #5
JFDIT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: On order X1 M-Sport 23i

Fully loaded! But I drop as many of the "Driver Aids" as it will let me. I hate them!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 10:59 AM   #6
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Fully loaded even with the Driving Pack Pro as in Europe its not like in the US as i see some comments above.
THe DA Plus doesnt have blind spot the Pro includes it and also lane change etc - go for it.

Panoramic sunroof - completely different car
The massage is part of the active seats - so it comes with them - i dont use it much but its nice

No HK - is a shit...i dont know why someone will say dont go for it - yes its worth it.

The only thing i am really really sorry is I missed the tow hitch..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 01:36 PM   #7
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I’d say list what the car might have standard markets vary massively.

We have gone for a 25e and added the HUD, electric seats and it makes it easier for us just to both jump in and everything is setup. In the UK that adds heated wheel and massage, might be nice but heated way more important that massage for us.

We have a pano sunroof now and she isn’t bothered it goes, it did have a problem once, it’s heavier and like you she spent the pennies on other extras like Harmon and Sun protection glass. She could have added everything but decided against it.

Oh and she has the alcantara seats as she wanted the warmer feeling than leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 04:38 PM   #8
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Two things I enjoy the most while driving that were options: HUD and Harmon Kardon.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 07:23 PM   #9
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

others have already pretty covered everything....

just want to throw my two cents in. Make absolutely sure to add Active Seats! The massage function is really great, even when sitting in a parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 05:52 PM   #10
Jmills74
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 20i M Sport Storm Bay

HUD - 100% Worth it
Adaptive Cruise - 100% worth it if you highway drive/road trip
Active Seats - 100%
Sunroof - i'll never go back to not having one
Appreciate 0