BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Anyone installed Dashcam/Radar detector to the 2023 X1 ?

01-13-2024, 11:49 AM   #67
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKX1owner View Post
Many thanks, all working now
Glad you got it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #68
JuRik99
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
Finally got around to installing the FitcamX front camera a few minutes ago, will tackle the rear camera on a day when I have more free time. Everything came packaged pretty nicely, and includes everything you need for the install including the trim removal tool and 128GB micro SD card. Install was pretty easy, took about 10 minutes start to finish. The initial panel with the speaker grille closest to the mirror, you start at the edge closest to you and pull downward. There is some force required, and I thought I heard a clip break, but all was good. Using the included trim removal tool to lever against the rear clips helped to loosen them. After that, separating the other two pieces from the mirror assembly was just simply prying them apart gently. Just remove the small plug from the mirror, insert it into the adapter and plus the adapter into the harness and tuck the wires, then reassemble. I've attached a few photos of the clips of the first panel so it's easier to see how it attaches.
It looks great!
Could you share how to best hide the wire to the rear camera across the car?
Appreciate 0