BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) HVAC- Selecting Air Vents??

04-30-2024, 10:48 AM   #1
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
I have a 2024 X1 28i with Premium Package & ID9. I consider myself fairly technical in nature but there are 2 things I’m puzzled about. After having it since late December for the life of me, I can’t figure out:
1- how to manually select which vents I want air to come out of. I see the fan air speed can be manually but not the location I want them to come from.
2- Also, in all my other vehicles in automatic mode the air flow starts out at a higher speed than automatically adjusts down to a slower rate (less noisy) as the interior temperature gets closer to temperature you set it to. I don’t believe mine is doing that in auto mode. It seams to only stay in the fan speed I set it to all the time.

It’s my first BMW, so is this how BMW designs their vehicles?
Is there some hidden setting somewhere to accomplish what I want to do?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 11:22 AM   #2
Puffinrock
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 30e MSport

I had the same thing recently on my X1 2024 - it's not obvious! Go to the main screen and press the turbine/fan symbol - then on my car you press the part of the car you want the fan on the screen - I had to get my passenger to find it as I could not see it when driving.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2024, 11:38 AM   #3
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffinrock View Post
I had the same thing recently on my X1 2024 - it's not obvious! Go to the main screen and press the turbine/fan symbol - then on my car you press the part of the car you want the fan on the screen - I had to get my passenger to find it as I could not see it when driving.
Thanks I’ll try what you suggested later today when I’m in the vehicle. I’ll report back on if I’m able to alter air to a specific area.
Do you have any insight about automatic air flow speed & if it’s supposed to alter its speed while in HVAC automatic mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 12:42 PM   #4
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffinrock View Post
When you have the HVAC in automatic program, in the iDrive HVAC screen you can only toggle between "Dynamic" and "Balanced". If you want to truly select between floor/middle dash/upper dash, you need to turn of the automatic program, and then that button in the HVAC screen in iDrive will change to the traditional control of where the air comes out.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 05:22 PM   #5
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
Thanks for the reply. Using your advise I further tested a few senecios & was able to adjust where the flow of air was directed while NOT IN AUTO MODE. Not at all obvious to say the least & I don’t recall seeing any notes in the on-line guide. Perhaps it was mentioned & I missed it or BMW believes we can all read the minds of the programmers. 🤪
Appreciate 1
tex26702424.50