BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Missing Key card during delivery - USA X1 2023

05-19-2023, 08:53 AM   #67
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicX123 View Post
Thank you all. Turns out each and every one of you were right and my dealer was wrong. I took your advice and decided to head straight to the dealership and surprise surprise they admitted they were wrong. For whatever reason they took my spare out, its now in there. Everyone here is also right, my car did not have run flats. Don't know why the dealer insisted there were. I was offered a road side hazard insurance which I declined and that's when I was told I had run flats and I should consider insurance, all said now I have my spare. The tool kit was always there for those wondering.

However, the dealer is still insisting that there is no digital key card. I showed the picture shared on this post (thank you!). He said that they will search in case it fell down in dealership.

Up until now, everything has been great and I don't want to get upset at the dealer as it is a negative impression on just one person who has handled this case.

If they can't find the key card, I suppose I can always just buy another one?

Again, big thanks to everyone. Don't think I would have made the argument if it wasn't for everyone insisting I do.
I would go on DealerRater.com and relay your experience. Or if before you do that, speak directly to the owner of the dealership and tell him everything and see what his response is. If he values your business, he will make you completely satisfied. If not, fry him on social media. Power to the people!
Appreciate 1
tex26702423.00
      05-19-2023, 07:15 PM   #68
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Update: Again, thanks to those who responded and encouraged. While the spare tire mystery is now resolved. The key card is not.

I spoke to BMW North America and they said the key card should come with the 2023 BMW X1 if I got the Convenience or Premium Package (I got the premium). They said, send pictures of the card option within the car, if its greyed out then you don't have it. My car and app definitely shows the options - it just says activate by placing card on the wireless charger.

I have now sent the pictures again to the dealer, lets see what happens. BMW NA has said to escalate if I don't get a positive reply and they will step in if nothing comes of that either. So, we'll see.

I agree, I may not go back to the dealer after I have picked up my license plates in a month (have temp for now).

I also don't have the EU specced car, checked although I heard there might be a better cup holder in that version arguably.

Will keep everyone updated either way. Thanks again

*attached pics for those who wanted to see the car, tire etc.
As an FYI, the dealer could always just order you a key card. The card is not tied to your car until you activate it in iDrive, until then it's just a generic NFC tag covered in some plastic. In my opinion they should have already just done this for you. The MSRP to the customer for the card is around $50, so it's not like they would be losing a large sum of money making this right.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #69
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
As an FYI, the dealer could always just order you a key card. The card is not tied to your car until you activate it in iDrive, until then it's just a generic NFC tag covered in some plastic. In my opinion they should have already just done this for you. The MSRP to the customer for the card is around $50, so it's not like they would be losing a large sum of money making this right.
On the day I picked up my X1, I walked over to the parts dept and asked about ordering an additional digital key card. The guy told me $48+tax and would take no more than 3 days to arrive.

The OP's BMW dealer sounds very sketchy to me..... it's been over a week and they still haven't give the key card to the OP... I'm a very patient and understanding person and I do realize that things happen... but in this case, I think it's inexcusable that the OP still has to wait.... nobody should considering buying a car there..(or have it serviced there)
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2023, 08:11 PM   #70
sonicX123
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2023

The dealer has provided the key card. I am all set! Patience was tested but perseverance prevailed.
Appreciate 5
      05-22-2023, 01:36 AM   #71
skyboum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1(U11)

Quote:
The dealer has provided the key card. I am all set! Patience was tested but perseverance prevailed.
Congrats!!! Now never ever go back to them for anything
Appreciate 0