BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) M Sport Seats - terrible? do you like them?

06-08-2023, 01:13 PM   #23
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmorris99 View Post
I have the active seats and can confirm that they do not have thigh support. Wish they did as I miss it.
If you order the sport seats you will have thigh support, even with the active seats and electrical adjustment
Appreciate 1
imknci7.50
      06-08-2023, 01:19 PM   #24
tgmorris99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 (delivered 5/7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
If you order the sport seats you will have thigh support, even with the active seats and electrical adjustment
While I would have ordered the sports seats it is the wife's car and she doesn't like them. I need lumbar support so settled on the active seats.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 01:24 PM   #25
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmorris99 View Post
Quote:
While I would have ordered the sports seats it is the wife's car and she doesn't like them. I need lumbar support so settled on the active seats.
Fair! Wife’s car, wife’s choice

Not sure when you ordered the car, but the sport seats now have lumbar support too
Appreciate 1
imknci7.50
      06-08-2023, 01:59 PM   #26
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imknci View Post
Hi,

I have a question about the seat knee support.

I ordered the following in my optional equipment
455 active seats for driver and front passenger
459 Electric seat adjustment with memory for driver's seat
494 Seat heating for driver and front passenger

but I didn't order a sports seat.

Does knee support only come with sports seats?

I wonder if my car will have knee support or not?
If you don't order Sport Seats you don't get the thigh extender
Appreciate 1
imknci7.50
      06-08-2023, 04:11 PM   #27
jejupods
Private
Rep
Drives: MY23 X3 M40i

I find the sports seats supremely comfortable and supportive, however I'm on the shorter (5'8") and slimmer side so I could see how someone bigger would find them tight. I have one weird quirk with them in that every now and again - no rhyme or reason as to why - when I get in the lumbar will be all the way out. They're better than the standard seats imo.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 04:30 PM   #28
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

The seats are great but it's interesting you mention the lumber being out. We did seem to have an issue when my wife drove that the massage seat element didn't retract when it was turned off. Not sure if its because she wasn't pushing it back in with her weight as it did when I was in it not sure.

But they are super comfy and I'm 6ft+++ and she is a short arse so a big spread. Thus why memory seats are great for us.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 01:18 AM   #29
skyboum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1(U11)

Quote:
I think the thigh support is only for the sport seats
Yep, its only for the sports seats. Its been like that in my previous BMWs as well.
Appreciate 1
tex26702424.50
      06-09-2023, 02:13 AM   #30
Duncs1961
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
The seats are great but it's interesting you mention the lumber being out. We did seem to have an issue when my wife drove that the massage seat element didn't retract when it was turned off. Not sure if its because she wasn't pushing it back in with her weight as it did when I was in it not sure.

But they are super comfy and I'm 6ft+++ and she is a short arse so a big spread. Thus why memory seats are great for us.
I have the same issue - when I switch off the massage function, I have to manually put the lumber support back to where I like it, which is kind of annoying - I assumed it should memorise the position it started from but in my case, it never has. Weight-wise I'm 13 stone and 5' 11", so I don't think lack of weight is the issue!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 02:15 AM   #31
Duncs1961
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejupods View Post
I find the sports seats supremely comfortable and supportive, however I'm on the shorter (5'8") and slimmer side so I could see how someone bigger would find them tight. I have one weird quirk with them in that every now and again - no rhyme or reason as to why - when I get in the lumbar will be all the way out. They're better than the standard seats imo.
I have the same issue - when I switch off the massage function, I have to manually put the lumber support back to where I like it, which is kind of annoying - I assumed it should memorise the position it started from but in my case, it never has. Weight-wise I'm 13 stone and 5' 11", so I don't think lack of weight is the issue!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 03:00 AM   #32
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncs1961 View Post
I tried it when the car was stopped on the drive and it worked fine and you could feel them deflating. But maybe on the move it isn't doing that, maybe a bug of some sort.

We ended up just pressing the memory button on the seat and it moved everything back to where it should be but that shouldn't be required should it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 10:24 AM   #33
gpbayarea
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
I tried it when the car was stopped on the drive and it worked fine and you could feel them deflating. But maybe on the move it isn't doing that, maybe a bug of some sort.

We ended up just pressing the memory button on the seat and it moved everything back to where it should be but that shouldn't be required should it.
I can’t figure out if the memory function also stores the position of the lumbar mechanism. On mine it seems like it does not and i have to adjust lumbar manually each ride
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 10:36 AM   #34
jihong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

I purchased the vehicle after it was already fitted by a prior buyer who decided to cancel their order. M-Sport with sport seats.

I personally would prefer the comfort seats. Here's why:

1. I need lumbar support and these sport seats didn't come with them.
2. I'm 5'9", 165lbs. I feel that the shoulder supports are too much. forces my shoulders to be curled. I have somewhat broad shoulders, and if you're taller, you may not have this problem.
3. Not the easiest for getting in and out of the car.
4. As much as I'd like to pretend this is a "sports" suv, it really isn't. I'm not thrashing it around corners and day-to-day, I'm just driving it to-and-from work. Therefore, I would prefer something plush, comfortable, and with lumbar support for the comfort.

If you had the option, I'd go with comfort seats. It'll just make for a more pleasant ride, especially since it really isn't a sports car.
Appreciate 1
imknci7.50
      06-09-2023, 11:35 AM   #35
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpbayarea View Post
I can’t figure out if the memory function also stores the position of the lumbar mechanism. On mine it seems like it does not and i have to adjust lumbar manually each ride
It worked for her, it was sticking out after she turned the massage function off and when she pressed the stored button for her position retracted back to default. Annoying, a bug I suspect they need to sort.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #36
imknci
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 X Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihong View Post
I purchased the vehicle after it was already fitted by a prior buyer who decided to cancel their order. M-Sport with sport seats.

I personally would prefer the comfort seats. Here's why:

1. I need lumbar support and these sport seats didn't come with them.
2. I'm 5'9", 165lbs. I feel that the shoulder supports are too much. forces my shoulders to be curled. I have somewhat broad shoulders, and if you're taller, you may not have this problem.
3. Not the easiest for getting in and out of the car.
4. As much as I'd like to pretend this is a "sports" suv, it really isn't. I'm not thrashing it around corners and day-to-day, I'm just driving it to-and-from work. Therefore, I would prefer something plush, comfortable, and with lumbar support for the comfort.

If you had the option, I'd go with comfort seats. It'll just make for a more pleasant ride, especially since it really isn't a sports car.
I totally agree with you and went for the comfort seats for these reasons. I ordered active, electric control/memory and heated leather vernasca seats. When I ordered the car I thought a thigh extender would come with these features but I was wrong I would prefer same features + thigh extender comfort seats
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 12:48 PM   #37
imknci
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I have a question about the seat knee support.

I ordered the following in my optional equipment
455 active seats for driver and front passenger
459 Electric seat adjustment with memory for driver's seat
494 Seat heating for driver and front passenger

but I didn't order a sports seat.

Does knee support only come with sports seats?

I wonder if my car will have knee support or not?
First of all, thank you for all the valuable messages you sent me.

So what do you think about whether it will have a massage feature (by the way, I also have leather vernasca)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 12:59 PM   #38
noattila
Romania
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive23d

Quote:
Just saw a video from Swede365 talking about the M Sport seats (video below). I’ve been watching his videos and they’re great, so him describing the seat comfort as terrible is a bit worrying.

What do you think of them?

https://youtu.be/heSQpfeY1jI
I have them on my new X1 and they are excellent. I drove 850 kilometers with just one stop halfway and I felt no fatigue at all.
Seat heating is nicely distributed and pleasant. One thing to mention: seat ventilation would be great, but in Europe we don't have it...
Appreciate 1
FZI89428.50
      06-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #39
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noattila View Post
Quote:
Just saw a video from Swede365 talking about the M Sport seats (video below). I’ve been watching his videos and they’re great, so him describing the seat comfort as terrible is a bit worrying.

What do you think of them?

https://youtu.be/heSQpfeY1jI

I have them on my new X1 and they are excellent. I drove 850 kilometers with just one stop halfway and I felt no fatigue at all.
Seat heating is nicely distributed and pleasant. One thing to mention: seat ventilation would be great, but in Europe we don't have it...
Good to know, thanks!
Yeah unfortunately ventilation isn’t available for the X1 at all. No matter the region. Just heating
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 02:39 PM   #40
imknci
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noattila View Post
It's nice to see someone from Romania I would like to ask if the tailgate is hands-free (kick-open) in Romania. I've heard that some countries have it, but some don't.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 04:17 PM   #41
noattila
Romania
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive23d

Quote:
It's nice to see someone from Romania I would like to ask if the tailgate is hands-free (kick-open) in Romania. I've heard that some countries have it, but some don't.
No, we don't have it and cannot be added. On my options list I even have a position called "32X - Hands-free tailgate open removal". My dealer told me something unbelivable: it is due to components shortage. Long story short: it cannot be added on vehicles sold in Romania.

I am planning to have it installed somehow in the future.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 06:34 PM   #42
orangemartini
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, BMW X1

Love the sport seats. 5'11", 183 lbs. They are more snug than my X3M seats. And that is a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 06:36 PM   #43
orangemartini
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, BMW X1

Correct. Thigh support comes only with the sport seats.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 06:52 AM   #44
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
One of the most comfortable seats i had so far in my cars.

In another thread i mentioned we did over 2400kms in 4 days - no back pain,no ass pain it was just great.

They need a bit more cushoning just a tiny bit and they will be perfect

ps: any BMW that i had in the past years always had the M sport seats - compared to the regular they always were way better and comfortable
Appreciate 1
FZI89428.50