BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) M Sport Seats - terrible? do you like them?

07-17-2023, 01:50 AM   #45
mavericksid
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

When I ordered my car active seats with lumbar support were not available. Can bmw upgrade the seats later? If so, any idea on what it can cost? Has anyone tried something like this?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 06:52 AM   #46
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericksid View Post
When I ordered my car active seats with lumbar support were not available. Can bmw upgrade the seats later? If so, any idea on what it can cost? Has anyone tried something like this?
if I have to guess, it will cost at least a couple thousand dollars for each front seat with lumbar support....

but more importantly...... while the lumbar support function is controlled by the 4-way physical switch on the side of the seat, the massaging function of the Active Seats can only be controlled via the iDrive touchscreen, I don't know if BMW will be able to program the seats in for you....(my guess is no, unless your X1 came with these seats)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 06:55 AM   #47
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
One of the most comfortable seats i had so far in my cars.

In another thread i mentioned we did over 2400kms in 4 days - no back pain,no ass pain it was just great.

They need a bit more cushoning just a tiny bit and they will be perfect

ps: any BMW that i had in the past years always had the M sport seats - compared to the regular they always were way better and comfortable
agree with completely... I never really liked massage seats.(the home recliner type or the ones in cars) However, now that I've had active seats in my X1 for almost 3 months, I sometimes sit in my X1 in the garage just to use the the massaging seats.(even when I'm not going anywhere) I am now seriously thinking about getting a new massage recliner for my TV room.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 07:46 AM   #48
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

The active driver massage seat is great, I use it several times on 100+ mile journeys and my wife tried it and is gutted it’s not on the passenger seat! At £250 it’s an extremely attractive option.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 01:23 PM   #49
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomduck View Post
The active driver massage seat is great, I use it several times on 100+ mile journeys and my wife tried it and is gutted it’s not on the passenger seat! At £250 it’s an extremely attractive option.
in the US, it's USD$450(£344) for both front seats.

is Active Seat offered as an option for the passenger(left) seat in the UK if the buyer is willing to pay an additional £250?

even my cat enjoys the massage seat when I drive. He leans against the seat back to feel it, after I activate it for him. The first time I did it, he freaked out and jump out of the car(still parked inside the garage), but then he started loving it. The taller lower cushion bolsters on the M sport seats also made him feel right at home. Unfortunately, I also have the Alcantara seating surface and it's a cat fur magnet.
Appreciate 2
Tomduck400.50
Kromans1177.00
      07-17-2023, 02:09 PM   #50
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep

😂 I can picture that cat too, they have life “sussed” those cats!

I think you need to pay for a pack of things or a very expensive seat option, if it was just another £250 I wpuld have opted for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 03:46 PM   #51
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
😂 I can picture that cat too, they have life “sussed” those cats!

I think you need to pay for a pack of things or a very expensive seat option, if it was just another £250 I wpuld have opted for it.
we always want things that are not offered in our own countries, don't we?

for example, I would gladly pay extra just so my X1 can have the real adaptive LED headlights like what you guys have in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world. or amber rear turn signals, rear fog lights, or a true diesel engine X1!!!(one can only dream)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #52
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep

My wife thinks it’s crazy that spending this level of money doesn’t get you exactly what you want and in a timely manner. She is right and the car manufacturers have got a huge amount tbey could learn about customers experience
Appreciate 1
Kromans1177.00
      07-17-2023, 04:06 PM   #53
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
My wife thinks it’s crazy that spending this level of money doesn’t get you exactly what you want and in a timely manner. She is right and the car manufacturers have got a huge amount tbey could learn about customers experience
Custom factory orders at the snap of a finger. Interesting concept.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 08:18 PM   #54
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
I am sure that BMW's other subsidiary can help you out. For around $300,000, you can have practically any option that you want on your next Rolls-Royce.

Although I heard that even at that price, timely delivery is not included.
Appreciate 1
tex26702424.50
      07-18-2023, 01:34 AM   #55
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep

😂 either way the process of ordering cars with most manufacturers is often flawed and could be better. It’s also lottery when you get it. The motor industry is ripe for an overhaul.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 07:13 AM   #56
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
😂 either way the process of ordering cars with most manufacturers is often flawed and could be better. It’s also lottery when you get it. The motor industry is ripe for an overhaul.
They are starting to reform themselves a little. In the UK for example of the coming years that are going to remove the per dealer allocations I believe and go to a central solution. With that there also won't be any negotiation on price it will be here it is and that's that, only a trade in will get you something different in short.

This is looking more Tesla like in the model, dealers will take a per car cost of handling it and little else. They are trying it in some markets but it's coming here in the future and to wider countries over the coming years.

Will that mean we get things faster, no will it be fairer ordering in line with everyone else, yes it appears so.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 07:24 AM   #57
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
They are starting to reform themselves a little. In the UK for example of the coming years that are going to remove the per dealer allocations I believe and go to a central solution. With that there also won't be any negotiation on price it will be here it is and that's that, only a trade in will get you something different in short.

This is looking more Tesla like in the model, dealers will take a per car cost of handling it and little else. They are trying it in some markets but it's coming here in the future and to wider countries over the coming years.

Will that mean we get things faster, no will it be fairer ordering in line with everyone else, yes it appears so.
Ford I believe in the US is moving towards a similar structure. The main benefit to this is it should mostly eliminate price gouging by the dealer for new car sales. The downside to this is I can see dealers low balling trade ins more than they already do. And out of warranty repair prices going through the roof. It will be interesting to see where this goes, as I believe it’s a double edged sword for the consumer unless regulations are put in place in other areas. There are so many other areas a dealer is free to tack on bogus charges, like documentation fees and financing.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 07:52 AM   #58
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep

Indeed Monty it’s been coming for years, definitely the past decade they have been discussing. Gladly I have a car to keep for a good while now, although I was reading about the new gen of diesel that BMW are currently working on which is significantly more fuel efficient and should be with us in 2027. Great they are not giving up on ICE at BMW
Appreciate 0