BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Spare Wheel

12-08-2023, 08:19 AM   #45
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by envoytheguy View Post
Amazing, can’t believe someone outside of Australia manages to find it but not my dealer
Thanks a ton! This will definitely help.
yeah.. I just found out that this "internet" thing can apparently allow people to find stuff in foreign countries. Wow!

I'm about 9000 miles away from Australia, but I do eat regularly at Outback Steakhouse. That probably explains it.

Also, without Australia, my X1 wouldn't have the nice eucalyptus wood trim on the dash.
Attached Images

Last edited by SpaceSilver.X1; 12-08-2023 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #46
timesone
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post
yeah.. I just found out that this "internet" thing can apparently allow people to find stuff in foreign countries. Wow!

I'm about 9000 miles away from Australia, but I do eat regularly at Outback Steakhouse. That probably explains it.

Also, without Australia, my X1 wouldn't have the nice eucalyptus wood trim on the dash.
Blooming onion
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 01:27 PM   #47
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesone View Post
Blooming onion
is it still true that anyone who eats 500 blooming onions at Outback become eligible for honorary Australian citizenship?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 07:28 AM   #48
envoytheguy
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i

Quote:
is it still true that anyone who eats 500 blooming onions at Outback become eligible for honorary Australian citizenship?
I would certainly nominate you if I could
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2023, 03:24 PM   #49
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i

I was literally *just* outside admiring all of the spare room in the extra tire/jack compartment. I put together a little emergency kit in a Ziplock bag with a small flashlight, electrical tape, zip ties, 2 screwdrivers (flat & phillips), some bungee cords, some rubber bands, etc. I was staring at the "under-trunk" and thinking, "What else might be useful in an emergency situation to keep in this compartment?" I'm thinking of getting either cable-sytem type chains or Z-chains (neither of those goes across the rims, and both are supposedly easy to put on.) I may also get a small folding shovel, and a small container of kitty litter for traction.

Give a gal some storage space, she has to think of ways to fill it up!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 09:32 PM   #50
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSkiAndMe View Post
I was literally *just* outside admiring all of the spare room in the extra tire/jack compartment.

Give a gal some storage space, she has to think of ways to fill it up!

if you have a BMW X1 outside of the US, you'll have more room than you can possibly fill! they have no spare tires... only a mobility tire inflation/sealing kit in that little pouch. (like this Canadian X1)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-10-2023, 03:38 AM   #51
John27
John27
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 23i M Sport

Quote:
if you have a BMW X1 outside of the US, you'll have more room than you can possibly fill! they have no spare tires... only a mobility tire inflation/sealing kit in that little pouch. (like this Canadian X1)
Unfortunately in the UK we have less than half that space as all 'ICE' models, except the smallest diesel, are mild hybrid so those batteries occupy most of this underfloor space and hence the need for tyre repair kit. I'd prefer the car without mild hybrid and with the bigger space (and spare wheel) but not an option here.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:03 PM   #52
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

I organized the "undertrunk" space today. I put a set of jumper cables, a small sealed container of cat litter, a can of fix-a-flat, another bungee cord, and some nylon rope, in case I need to hold trunk closed bc of a large purchase! On the advise from a friend, I'm picking up two small rectangular floor mats from Dollar Tree. They can be rolled up and would be great either for traction or to kneel on when working on a tire.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:14 PM   #53
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
I organized the "undertrunk" space today. I put a set of jumper cables, a small sealed container of cat litter, a can of fix-a-flat, another bungee cord, and some nylon rope, in case I need to hold trunk closed bc of a large purchase! On the advise from a friend, I'm picking up two small rectangular floor mats from Dollar Tree. They can be rolled up and would be great either for traction or to kneel on when working on a tire.

I always have a large contractor's black plastic bag(or large plastic sheet or tarp) to put the flat tire in... to prevent the snow, dirty, mud or whatever from getting into the trunk, while I drive to the nearest tire shop or dealership for flat repair. also handy when putting the temporary spare back in the trunk because most tire place won't clean it... so I wash it at home later.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:18 PM   #54
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Fix a flat may get you out of a jam in an emergency, but whoever changes out your tire may hate you for it. That stuff can be a pain to remove from the wheel, and some tire shops may charge you extra to remove it. Personally I have a small battery powered compressor and a tire plug kit that works well (I've already had to use it once). The compressor is good enough to inflate one tire from completely flat with just the battery, but also comes with the 12v socket cord so you can keep using it if you need to before recharging it.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:45 PM   #55
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

FlashMonkey929 That's a good point. I'm in the process of selling another older vehicle, and the can was in there, so i just moved it to my car.
Maybe I'll pass it to my hubby instead, since I have the roadside assistance and I bought the package for tire repair/replacement among other included fixes.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:46 PM   #56
SeaSkiAndMe
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I always have a large contractor's black plastic bag(or large plastic sheet or tarp) to put the flat tire in... to prevent the snow, dirty, mud or whatever from getting into the trunk, while I drive to the nearest tire shop or dealership for flat repair. also handy when putting the temporary spare back in the trunk because most tire place won't clean it... so I wash it at home later.
Oh, that is a good idea. Making a mental note to put a contractor bag in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 08:07 PM   #57
SpaceSilver.X1
Rep

Quote:
Oh, that is a good idea. Making a mental note to put a contractor bag in the trunk.
a few years ago, the big bag was useful when I had to replace a flat tire in a shopping mall parking lot after it had closed. I was on my way home from a Costco run and the trunk was filled to the brim, even with the rear seats folded down.

Fortunately, I had several big black contractor's bags. First, I took my Costco haul and placed them in the bag so I could put them on the ground. I needed to do that in order to get to the spare tire under the trunk floor. Once I put the spare tire on, I put the flat tire in another big bag. Since it was way too big to put back to the space for the spare, I put some of my Costco stuff under the trunk floor. Then I stuffed the flat tire and the rest of my stuff in the trunk. Since everything was in bags, nothing go dirty. I drove home first to unload everything. The flat tire was repaired the next day.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2023, 12:13 AM   #58
vrsyd
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20i M Sport (U11)

Quote:
Hi again, would you be able to share the part number of the wheel? My dealer isn’t too helpful and found the part number they got is for a 3 series…36115A3E071 costing $750.

Definitely not the same as yours. Would really appreciate if you could share that or an invoice if possible. Thanks a ton
Oh they finally published that on their website after I wrote a complaint to BMW Australia
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 12:19 AM   #59
vrsyd
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20i M Sport (U11)

Quote:
Hi again, would you be able to share the part number of the wheel? My dealer isn’t too helpful and found the part number they got is for a 3 series…36115A3E071 costing $750.

Definitely not the same as yours. Would really appreciate if you could share that or an invoice if possible. Thanks a ton
Hey! Sorry, I was away and haven't been on this forum for a while. Trust you found the part number and ordered your spare wheel.
Appreciate 0