BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) About to take the plunge

11-08-2023, 06:29 AM   #23
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a0krn View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but pro assist also stops at traffic lights and goes when it’s green without any input from user. Auto adjust speed limit.

Is this true?
It’s true under these conditions:
  • Your eyes are on the road (attention aware)
  • Your country supports this feature
  • You enable auto stop at traffic light from the settings in the car. It is off by default.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 07:23 AM   #24
vikas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0krn View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but pro assist also stops at traffic lights and goes when it’s green without any input from user. Auto adjust speed limit.

Is this true?
Unfortunately, Both these features are not available in Australia despite opting for DAProfessional pack.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 11:47 AM   #25
richiro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsj View Post
Personal opinion obviously, but that's the best colour combo
It’s a great color, always shape shifting!

Helps to not get tired of looking at the same thing, but tbh I’m in love with the car, just hope they can fix these issues with the battery and the CEL.
Appreciate 1
SAS X119.50
      11-08-2023, 12:49 PM   #26
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiro View Post
It’s a great color, always shape shifting!

Helps to not get tired of looking at the same thing, but tbh I’m in love with the car, just hope they can fix these issues with the battery and the CEL.
I love that color. (shocking, eh? considering that my X1 is of a different color)
Appreciate 1
richiro270.00
      11-08-2023, 01:50 PM   #27
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX1 XDrive30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post
I love that color. (shocking, eh? considering that my X1 is of a different color)
I was tempted by the space silver too, everything aside from the more bluey green and the black look great imo!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 02:35 PM   #28
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was tempted by the space silver too, everything aside from the more bluey green and the black look great imo!
I am absolutely in love with space silver! I have never liked silver colours, would never purchase typical silver cars, but when I saw space silver, I had to get it.

It also changes colour based on sunlight. At night, it looks grey (similar to frozen pure grey but metallic), in pure sunlight, it’s a nice “dark” silver.

Although I was tempted by frozen pure grey, I got slightly put off by the required upkeep.

Personally, I’m not a fan of storm bay (unpopular opinion, I know!), but I’ve only seen it on base and x-line trims in person. It also reminds me of the X1 F48 as that model also had storm bay as a colour option. Space silver is brand new and never before on an X1 or any BMW.
Appreciate 1
Mootsj22.00
      11-08-2023, 07:05 PM   #29
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
I am absolutely in love with space silver! I have never liked silver colours, would never purchase typical silver cars, but when I saw space silver, I had to get it.
when I placed my X1 order, the Space Silver color was not in production yet. BMW only started in late October or early December. I took a gamble and ordered Space Silver. Even my salesman wasn't sure what it would look like in person. When the car arrived in April, I was very happy with the color. It was the very first Space Silver that the dealership received. The salesman was also impressed with the color. In fact, he called a few of his customers to come and see the color before I took delivery.

my office garage uses those orange street lights. sometimes I walk towards my X1 and it somehow appears like a black car... very weird (but perfect, since I did consider a sapphire black X1 at one point)
Appreciate 1
FZI89428.50
      11-08-2023, 10:29 PM   #30
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
when I placed my X1 order, the Space Silver color was not in production yet. BMW only started in late October or early December. I took a gamble and ordered Space Silver. Even my salesman wasn't sure what it would look like in person. When the car arrived in April, I was very happy with the color. It was the very first Space Silver that the dealership received. The salesman was also impressed with the color. In fact, he called a few of his customers to come and see the color before I took delivery.

my office garage uses those orange street lights. sometimes I walk towards my X1 and it somehow appears like a black car... very weird (but perfect, since I did consider a sapphire black X1 at one point)
That was a huge gamble! But it paid off in the end
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 11:23 PM   #31
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
That was a huge gamble! But it paid off in the end
I have started an order for the new 530i sedan and it will be a sapphire black. There will be no options or packages, except the $300 remote engine start. Unfortunately, it looks like production won't start until 3/24.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 12:48 AM   #32
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have started an order for the new 530i sedan and it will be a sapphire black. There will be no options or packages, except the $300 remote engine start. Unfortunately, it looks like production won't start until 3/24.
Oooooh! Congrats! That’s a long wait for production start, but I can assume that’s due to the thousands of orders already in the queue.

Will this be in addition to, or replacing the X1?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 05:40 AM   #33
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Order placed, I Went with

IX1 Storm Bay grey
Tech plus pack
M Sport Pro pack
Pan roof
Sun Protection Glass
Harman/Kardon Audio

The sales manager didn't think it was worth adding the Driver assist Pro pack, and also wasn't able to clearly tell me what it included, he thinks all it adds for the UK is Blind spot monitoring and active cruise control.

I've also asked for clarity on what Active guard is as the brochure suggests that speed limit info/Lane departure and left turn warning are all included as part of active guard.

Now the wait begins
Appreciate 2
richiro270.00
FZI89428.50
      11-09-2023, 05:54 AM   #34
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Oooooh! Congrats! That’s a long wait for production start, but I can assume that’s due to the thousands of orders already in the queue.

Will this be in addition to, or replacing the X1?
it replaces my other old car(sedan).

I actually don't need to wait that long... can probably have one in two weeks if I really want, but BMW removed the "interaction bar" due to parts shortage. They are adding it back in for production after 3/24, so I decided to wait.

https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2056329
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 06:05 AM   #35
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
it replaces my other old car(sedan).

I actually don't need to wait that long... can probably have one in two weeks if I really want, but BMW removed the "interaction bar" due to parts shortage. They are adding it back in for production after 3/24, so I decided to wait.

https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2056329
Interaction bar shortage shortly after the release of the 5 series…
The bar is definitely worth the wait!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 06:10 AM   #36
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Interaction bar shortage shortly after the release of the 5 series…
The bar is definitely worth the wait!!
I was just making a comment in other other 530i thread about this.

When I placed my X1 order, BMW didn't allow Driving Assistance Professional to be added as an option because of "shortage" at that time. I should have waited... because if I just wanted 2 extra months, I could have ordered it with the Driving Assistance Professional package. It's my only regret on the X1.

Oh well, at least I can add Driving Assistance "Plus" to my X1 right now by paying the $950 subscription fee. Some people who ordered their X1 even earlier couldn't even subscribe to it because their X1 did not come equipped with the proper sensors and cameras.(I believe for those who bought them back in October 2023?)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 02:08 PM   #37
richiro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Quote:

IX1 Storm Bay grey
Tech plus pack
M Sport Pro pack
Pan roof
Sun Protection Glass
Harman/Kardon Audio

The sales manager didn't think it was worth adding the Driver assist Pro pack, and also wasn't able to clearly tell me what it included, he thinks all it adds for the UK is Blind spot monitoring and active cruise control.

I've also asked for clarity on what Active guard is as the brochure suggests that speed limit info/Lane departure and left turn warning are all included as part of active guard.

Now the wait begins
Congrats! You’ll love the color!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 10:27 PM   #38
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

IX1 Storm Bay grey
Tech plus pack
M Sport Pro pack
Pan roof
Sun Protection Glass
Harman/Kardon Audio

Now the wait begins
Congrats!!! The iX1 is incredible! You’ll love the M Sport Pro pack. I wish they had that option when I placed my order
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 01:47 PM   #39
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Build complete as of the 7th, so it’s now in transit/waiting to be collected by courier. Hoping it’s here either week before or week after Christmas 🤞
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 11:54 PM   #40
Yorksdales66
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 20i X Line

Quote:

I do like a sunroof, and my son likes being able to look out through the roof as well, but I'm in the UK - it's cold most of the time so you're right it gets limited use.

Ive ordered the sunroof on my soon to arrive X1. Personal choice and perhaps most people dont specify a sunroof however I am looking forward to having the roof.
To me its usable all the year round both for letting light in the car and also in the tilt function for ventilation. To me the roof is better value than some of the expensive packs with some features I like and some I dont really want like being steered back in lane and flashing blind spot mirrors which I currently have on my Lexus.

Quote:
Build complete as of the 7th, so it’s now in transit/waiting to be collected by courier. Hoping it’s here either week before or week after Christmas ��
Mine was built 4th Dec so may be on the same boat as yours. Ive been told 1st week in January and this suits me as I would prefer January 24 registration.

My car was ordered August so about 5 months to expected delivery. Did you only order yours November?

Last edited by Yorksdales66; 12-10-2023 at 03:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 11:11 AM   #41
Kosymodo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX1 xDrive30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorksdales66 View Post
this suits me as I would prefer January 24 registration.
What difference does this make? I can understand Dec 23 (73) v Mar 24 (24), but Dec 23 (73) v Jan 24 (73)?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #42
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosymodo View Post
What difference does this make? I can understand Dec 23 (73) v Mar 24 (24), but Dec 23 (73) v Jan 24 (73)?
I need to find another less intrusive browser. Chrome updated to a new version yesterday. Today, while reading this thread, it gave me a pop-up when I hovered over " Jan 24".... then it took me to this Jan 24 holiday:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mootsj22.00
      12-13-2023, 02:43 PM   #43
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilver.X1 View Post
I need to find another less intrusive browser. Chrome updated to a new version yesterday. Today, while reading this thread, it gave me a pop-up when I hovered over " Jan 24".... then it took me to this Jan 24 holiday:
National here's this disgusting thing day? Peanut butter is awful lol
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 02:48 PM   #44
Yorksdales66
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 20i X Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosymodo View Post
I had a December registered car years ago and when I came to sell it was worth less to the trade than if it was registered a few days later in January.

Even if selling privately it sounds a lot better selling a 2024 car than a 2023 car.
Appreciate 0