BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Parking Brake Malfunction

08-08-2024, 05:49 PM   #1
pascat
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1 xDr28i

Parking Brake Malfunction

My 2023 X1 started giving me messages of Parking Brake Malfunction, so I took it to my local BMW dealer. They said it is a brake booster problem, and it is also related to the Integrated Brake Recall. It will probably take more than a month to get the part from Germany. In the meanwhile they cannot release the car because it would be a safety hazard, so I will get a loaner until it gets fixed.

This is the second BMW I have driven. My previous car was a 2004 330 Ci, and never in the 20 years I had it did I have to wait so long for a replacement part, it was always just a couple of days (including parts like clutch, starter motor, etc).

I wonder what changed in these years which is making getting a part so much more difficult.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2024, 02:59 AM   #2
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

There's a delivery stop for all x1-x7 due to this potential integrated breaking system fault and I can imagine the particular part that needs to be replaced on many of these cars is in high demand now.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2024, 06:50 AM   #3
Fish Fingers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascat View Post
My 2023 X1 started giving me messages of Parking Brake Malfunction, so I took it to my local BMW dealer. They said it is a brake booster problem, and it is also related to the Integrated Brake Recall. It will probably take more than a month to get the part from Germany. In the meanwhile they cannot release the car because it would be a safety hazard, so I will get a loaner until it gets fixed.

This is the second BMW I have driven. My previous car was a 2004 330 Ci, and never in the 20 years I had it did I have to wait so long for a replacement part, it was always just a couple of days (including parts like clutch, starter motor, etc).

I wonder what changed in these years which is making getting a part so much more difficult.
I think the wait is standard across many manufacturers for certain parts nowadays.
Assume it's mostly down to 'just in time' ordering.
But also, from my experience, when something goes wrong - its widely affected across the fleet, so demand for the part goes sky high. No piles of stock sat in inventory.
As is the case here - as mentioned above.
I could provide some real horror stories from Taycan owners.
Appreciate 0