05-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #244
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
I laughed.
I didn't. I watched my Grandfather kill himself smoking. (My Grandparents raised me.)

It stays with you forever...
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 10:03 PM   #245
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWMT View Post
Excellent, how was the repair done?
He sanded the area, put in a small amount of filler, sanded again, sprayed the area with paint, sanded again until baby-butt smooth then cleared the entire door to blend in the repair. After that he buffed it until it was perfect. It took him about 3 hours to do the job.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 02:24 PM   #246
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

B
Attached Images

vreihen1615508.00
hubbahubba8980.50
      05-11-2024, 05:28 PM   #247
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buug959 View Post
B
But he's Batman. 'Nuff said.
Attached Images

05-12-2024, 07:15 AM   #248
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemamba View Post
Only in Texas...
LOL... There's a driver in the car and he looks like he's taking a photo of the person who took this photo.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 06:35 PM   #249
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Two morons today. First one is a dufus we see every Sunday morning at the health center where we work out. He's maybe mid to late 40's and drives a Dodge Charger or Challenger. He drops off an older woman (I'm assuming it's his mother) by parking his car on the sidewalk maybe 3ft from the door to the health center. She gets out of the car and walks into the health center and then walks 8 or 10 laps around the track before hitting some machines. So she's obviously mobile and doesn't need to be dropped off 3ft from the door. Then the dufus moves his car to a normal parking spot and sits there with the engine running until he thinks it's time for her to come out. Then he parks on the sidewalk again with the engine still running. Today he went inside for whatever reason and still left the car running.

On that same theme, I went to grab a few things at the local supermarket today and parked next to me was an SUV with (as far as I could tell) no one in it. I went inside and did my shopping, which took 10 or 15 minutes. I came back out to find that SUV still running and still empty.

I don't get people leaving their cars running while they go into a store. Sure, if someone is waiting in the car and it's cold or hot, then I can sort of understand leaving it running. But if it's empty and it's not cold or hot outside, why leave the engine running? These same people probably whine about the high cost of gasoline.

/rant

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
Buug95917938.50
mc-m3214.50
      05-12-2024, 07:32 PM   #250
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I don't get people leaving their cars running while they go into a store. Sure, if someone is waiting in the car and it's cold or hot, then I can sort of understand leaving it running. But if it's empty and it's not cold or hot outside, why leave the engine running?
I've begun to notice this, too. I don't think there's a practical need for it here in SW Ohio.

I first observed this practice in Montana and North Dakota in the 50s when temps were well below zero and – IIRC – cars couldn't always be relied upon to start again in those conditions.

I hesitate to suggest it, but maybe this belongs in the "You know you're old when..." thread?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:36 PM   #251
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Two morons today. First one is a dufus we see every Sunday morning at the health center where we work out. He's maybe mid to late 40's and drives a Dodge Charger or Challenger. He drops off an older woman (I'm assuming it's his mother) by parking his car on the sidewalk maybe 3ft from the door to the health center. She gets out of the car and walks into the health center and then walks 8 or 10 laps around the track before hitting some machines. So she's obviously mobile and doesn't need to be dropped off 3ft from the door. Then the dufus moves his car to a normal parking spot and sits there with the engine running until he thinks it's time for her to come out. Then he parks on the sidewalk again with the engine still running. Today he went inside for whatever reason and still left the car running.

On that same theme, I went to grab a few things at the local supermarket today and parked next to me was an SUV with (as far as I could tell) no one in it. I went inside and did my shopping, which took 10 or 15 minutes. I came back out to find that SUV still running and still empty.

I don't get people leaving their cars running while they go into a store. Sure, if someone is waiting in the car and it's cold or hot, then I can sort of understand leaving it running. But if it's empty and it's not cold or hot outside, why leave the engine running? These same people probably whine about the high cost of gasoline.

/rant
Was there possibly a child in the car? Came out of church this morning and there was a Prius in the parking garage (we met at the Community Center) with a 2ish year old, asleep in her car seat... ALONE! Mom was nowhere in sight and the windows were down enough to stick your arm in, unlock the car and snatch the little girl. A couple of us hung around and a couple went to let the rent-a-cop know what was happening. About 5-10 minutes later mom comes running out of the library (it's right across the parking lot from the community center) after rent-a-cop #2 goes in and asks around. Fortunately, there were a couple of deputies that happened to show up. Mom started to leave and last I saw deputy was giving her a good talking-to. I sure hope he put the fear of God in her!
Appreciate 1
Buug95917938.50
      05-13-2024, 07:32 AM   #252
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Was there possibly a child in the car? Came out of church this morning and there was a Prius in the parking garage (we met at the Community Center) with a 2ish year old, asleep in her car seat... ALONE! Mom was nowhere in sight and the windows were down enough to stick your arm in, unlock the car and snatch the little girl. A couple of us hung around and a couple went to let the rent-a-cop know what was happening. About 5-10 minutes later mom comes running out of the library (it's right across the parking lot from the community center) after rent-a-cop #2 goes in and asks around. Fortunately, there were a couple of deputies that happened to show up. Mom started to leave and last I saw deputy was giving her a good talking-to. I sure hope he put the fear of God in her!
It's possible. The back windows were tinted, so hard to see inside and I didn't want to get close enough to make it appear I was casing the car. But leaving a kid alone in a car is, as you said, not acceptable either.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:32 AM   #253
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
It's possible. The back windows were tinted, so hard to see inside and I didn't want to get close enough to make it appear I was casing the car. But leaving a kid alone in a car is, as you said, not acceptable either.
More than not acceptable; against the law.
      05-13-2024, 10:54 AM   #254
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I *almost* offered to help this mom load a few bags of rocks into her truck at H-D yesterday. She was parked right in front of all the mulch I wanted to buy. But she was almost done so I had other things to get too.
Get my stuff, order 10 bags of mulch, and go outside. Her truck is still there, locked up tight, right in front of all the stacks.

Pulled in as best I could to drop my tailgate and load up. She comes out with like 10 more bags of rocks, then stands around impatiently while I load up. I didn't even say "Happy Mother's Day" because I would have followed it with a B-word.
      05-13-2024, 01:10 PM   #255
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Groundhog Day. Went back to the store today to grab a couple things I forgot to get last time. Again, there was a car next to me with no one in it and the engine running. Unreal.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0