BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) JB4 Installation DIY - 2024 X1 M35i

09-09-2024, 09:42 AM   #1
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
JB4 Installation DIY - 2024 X1 M35i

Hi All,

I just installed a Burger Motorsports JB4 in my 2024 X1 M35i. I purchased this a few weeks ago and had to reach out to them as the included harness did not work for this platform. I ended up keeping the JB4 in my airbox while we got this sorted out, but have been using it for a few weeks without issue. Their support has been great, as it always is and they were able to get a new wiring harness out to me that did work which I installed this past weekend. If you plan to order, I suggest you reach out first and hopefully, they can include the correct harness for you.

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...gen3-jb4-tuner

I was not able to find any great set of instructions out there for installing the JB4 on out transverse mounted B48, Mini based, platform. The installation guide for the product website above applies to the B58 and B48 and not the transverse-mounted configuration. The guide for installing the Mini version was also not super helpful. So I figured I would throw a video together for anyone interested.

I did some logging on Map 1 and 2 and through I run 93 octane fuel as is required for map 2, I was told map 1 was what I should be running for now. It seems that the M35i engine tuning is already a bit on the aggressive side so adding even 3-4 PSI pushes it to quite high boost numbers. Burger told me that they would need to add some additional logging channels before suggesting I move to Map 2.

Initial Driving Impressions: As I mentioned, I am only on Map 1 and honestly it is not a massive difference. At least not my initial impression at least. I will try and do some better comparisons eventually but for now, it may give just a bit more poke but nothing huge to write home about. Keep in mind I only have a cold air intake in terms of other supporting mods, so there may be more room with a downpipes installed or other similar mods.

The gauges and logging is a nice feature but again, not something I see needing or using very often at all.

Overall, I am not sure if it is worth it just yet. Just my take, but feel free to pick one up and form your own thoughts and report back.

Appreciate 0