BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Just Lost ability to get any XM Stations

03-21-2024, 05:44 PM   #1
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
HERES A NEW ONE. Drove about 45 minutes this morning listening to XM all the way, then parked. When I restarted X1 about 90-110 minutes later no XM stations were shown anywhere. My Radio ID was completely gone. I’ve had many vehicles before with my XM & none of the EVER lost its ID #. WTH

I’ve attached 3 photos of what being shown.

Don’t know if it’s related to a BMW or XM issue.

I just spent an hour on phone with a XM representative & they could not resolve. Issue was Escalated to another area who is supposed to call me tomorrow between 2-3pm. Wish me luck 🍀 🤞🤞🤞
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 10:45 AM   #2
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
UPDATE: several days after posting the above my 2024 x1 28i with 1000 miles (with ID9 & latest 3/2024 software update in the USA), lost its connection to both Primary & Secondary Drivers as a result of being removed from the MyBMW App by BMW Corporate several times. That means the vehicle did not have any of our preferences & “Hey BMW” voice recognition stopped working. FUNNY thing is the XM radio started to work again & the 1 year free subscription counting days stated 722.

Took vehicle back to service for the 3rd time this month & they worked with BMW Headquarters to understand why were dropped/removed from the MyBMW app several times since updates took place.

THE ANSWER: their system flagged our x1 as possibly being stolen. WTF?
Well it’s been 24 hours since the dealership reentered our info to get us back into the app & synced with the x1. So far so good 🤞🤞🤞. We can only hope this issue is behind us & NEVER pops up again.
Appreciate 0