BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) UK X1/iX1 Order Thread

02-27-2024, 02:35 PM   #331
Tricky87
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunners View Post
Tricky87
Have you got your VIN number to check if it has a stop on it?
Nope, not been given one.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 02:54 PM   #332
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

I would have thought the dealer would have given you the VIN once your car got to the UK. Speak to your salesperson in the morning and ask if it’s on a stop. Usually 2 or 3 days should see it through the workshop ready for delivery, or it could be that they have a lot going out in March.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 03:13 PM   #333
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky87 View Post
So, my X1 I ordered in March last year is finally at the dealer. We checked with the BMW Genius on Friday and informed it was at the dealer (may have arrived earlier). Had a voicemail from the dealer today saying that we were on track to pick the car up by mid March. I’ve not been able to speak to them as they’re closed.

Just querying if this has been the turnaround time from the dealer people have experienced? I’ve ordered new BMW’s and I’m sure the turnaround has been far quicker. Essentially, the car will have been at the dealer for over 3 weeks before I can collect. Does this sound normal before I query this tomorrow? It will be on a UK 24 plate, but surely this wouldn’t hold it up by 3 weeks?
Dealers can turn the car around in a day if pushed, 3 days more normal. 3 weeks something doesn’t smell right I’d get down there or get some photos. The dealer should give you the VIN, sometimes the Genius will but often not they wouldn’t give it to me.

Get on phone you should have it by the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 04:07 PM   #334
Tricky87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Dealers can turn the car around in a day if pushed, 3 days more normal. 3 weeks something doesn’t smell right I’d get down there or get some photos. The dealer should give you the VIN, sometimes the Genius will but often not they wouldn’t give it to me.

Get on phone you should have it by the weekend.
Thanks for this.

I thought as much. Just didn’t want to be that arse ringing and complaining if it wasn’t justified. I was certain the new cars I’ve bought previously from the same place were turned around in less than week.

All in all, pretty terrible experience with the dealer, been messed around from the get go.

Last edited by Tricky87; 02-27-2024 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 02:31 AM   #335
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Let us know how you get on,

- Get the VIN - You can add it into the app
- Get confirmation you can pick it up on Saturday or a day to suit, if not why not and get some photos from them. Has something happened to it and that's why it's delayed.
- If its not been registered yet and it shouldn't be if they have not done anything with it get them to wait until the 1st of March as you will get a 24 plate car.
- You at least need a few freebies for the delay or some flowers, most dealers what them out of the door to get the sales into the system.

Hope it all goes well
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 12:14 PM   #336
Tricky87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Let us know how you get on,

- Get the VIN - You can add it into the app
- Get confirmation you can pick it up on Saturday or a day to suit, if not why not and get some photos from them. Has something happened to it and that's why it's delayed.
- If its not been registered yet and it shouldn't be if they have not done anything with it get them to wait until the 1st of March as you will get a 24 plate car.
- You at least need a few freebies for the delay or some flowers, most dealers what them out of the door to get the sales into the system.

Hope it all goes well
Turns out, they actually didn’t even know the car had been delivered to the dealer. It was behind a B&Q in an overspill. All in all, shambolic experience from start to finish (ordered in Feb 23, they tried to bump the finance up by £100 a month after the removed tech pack. On top of not knowing the car had even arrived).

Anticipate I’ll love the car though! 😄
Appreciate 1
MontyB11417.50
      02-28-2024, 04:05 PM   #337
Tbkbabab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i

Finally picked up my 30e yesterday, ordered in July. I had also been
told mid March and 10 days ago they told me car was at Cuxhaven
waiting to be shipped to UK and then 2 days later was told it was on the transporter on the way to the dealer, doesn’t take long to get from Cuxhaven but pretty sure it takes longer
than 2 days to arrange for shipment and then arrange to get it onto
The right transporter to the dealer. Not sure if it’s the dealers not
chasing for updates or whether it’s BMW being bad at giving them although
my suspicion is it’s more the dealers, there average call back time is over 24
hours.

Last edited by Tbkbabab; 03-01-2024 at 02:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 04:27 PM   #338
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The system is broken in markets outside the US, if we had a similar tracking solution the we would all be better off. Why it’s only in one market and not all is baffling but hey that’s BMW for you sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 10:33 AM   #339
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

(Ireland) A 23d M Sport arrived at my usual dealer the past few days and they seem to be under the impression that I ordered it.

I remember last March looking at a speculative build on the configurator with sales, they must have pushed the order button

Delivery time was unknown, no money discussed, no handshake or nothing signed.

The Blue Bay Lagoon looks great even on a grey Irish day. It's well loaded, I hope they find a buyer for it
      03-01-2024, 09:39 AM   #340
HumbleBy
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300 & BMW iX1

Greetings from Denmark.

We ordered an iX1 eDrive20 on 16th February with the following spec.:

Cape York Green Metallic
M-Sport
Premium Package
Comfort Package
Electrically adjustable passenger's seat
Veganza Mocha interior

We did not order any of the driving assistant packages as the Premium package in Denmark at least includes fitting of needed equipment in the car for the Driving Assistant Plus package to allow us to buy this via the BMW store afterwards. This is a cheaper option for us, so we chose that.
Delivery prospects were around wk. 16.

I then realized that without ordering the Driving Assistant package, the car would not have such basic equipment as blind spot assist, which I find to be quite odd.

I therefore asked the dealership to add the Driving assistant package and remove the Veganza Mocha interior to somehow compensate for the increase in price. I was in doubt about the Veganza leather anyway, so did not make a big difference for us.
The dealership reverted with the message that the car had already been locked for production, so no changes could be made.
They then offered to shift our order to another car they had ordered which could still be changed, which we accepted.
Quite happy about that.

Delivery prospect now is wk. 18.

Can't wait to get the car, although I realize that we do not have to wait as long as some in this thread have had to.
Unfortunately, in Denmark we do not get the option to track our orders online. Everything has to go through the dealer, which is a shame.
Therefore I have no option to track the car's progress.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 05:57 AM   #341
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yeah the packages and what comes in them is odd, BMW is wanting you to spend more money on things others are now offering as standard. It's all about profit, but will be great when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 01:48 PM   #342
HumbleBy
Rep

Received message from the dealership on Wednesday this week that our iX1 had gone into production and received its VIN number.

Car was ordered late February.

Since it only has to be transported across the border to Denmark, I hope it will be delivered soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 04:08 PM   #343
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Good news. If you get the VIN, you can download the “BMW Guide” app to view the online manual / videos.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 03:42 AM   #344
HumbleBy
Rep

Already done :-)

Just now received a mail saying the car has passed the quality control and awaiting transport.
Getting closer and closer.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 02:18 AM   #345
HumbleBy
Rep

Stepping out of the waiting room for pending orders to arrive now.

Took delivery of our iX1 eDrive20 M-Sport yesterday.
Ordered mid of February.

It will be my wife´s car, and she is already quite happy with it.
This is our first BMW, and so far we are very happy with the choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 01:04 PM   #346
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Enjoy - let us know how you get on, plenty of questions already asked and help in the forum if you need it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 02:42 PM   #347
aussietravla
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 MSport

Long time lurker, first time poster. Ordered our X1 last weekend, scheduled for week 26 build.

sDrive 20i M Sport
M Sport Pro Pack
Tech Plus Pack
Sun protection
Driving Assistant
HK speakers
20" alloys
Alpine White

Was fun trying to figure out what is and isn't included in the packs. Seems a lot has changed recently. For instance I had to get the HK speakers (so i didn't have the black plastic inserts) and driving assistant (for blind spot indication on the mirrors) and these both weren't included in any packs. You would think with the two top packages you would get most options.

Regardless, cannot wait. Quite the upgrade from a 5-door mini
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 04:35 PM   #348
JayZe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravla View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. Ordered our X1 last weekend, scheduled for week 26 build.

sDrive 20i M Sport
M Sport Pro Pack
Tech Plus Pack
Sun protection
Driving Assistant
HK speakers
20" alloys
Alpine White

Was fun trying to figure out what is and isn't included in the packs. Seems a lot has changed recently. For instance I had to get the HK speakers (so i didn't have the black plastic inserts) and driving assistant (for blind spot indication on the mirrors) and these both weren't included in any packs. You would think with the two top packages you would get most options.

Regardless, cannot wait. Quite the upgrade from a 5-door mini
Which driving assistant did you pick? I mean base, plus or pro?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 04:41 PM   #349
Hartside
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 128ti

Ordered our X1 30e MSport on 13th March as dealer told us he had build allocation for May/June. I’ve got to say I didn’t believe him as i thought they only wanted an order.

Got an email from the dealer two weeks ago and as expected he told me there was no further info on the car and it would probably be June.

I was on live chat with BMW on Friday and they told me the car is code 195 - exit from port with estimated arrival w/c 13th May! Nice surprise!

Portimao Blue
Tech plus pack
Sun protection glass
19” alloy wheels

Getting exciting now!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 05:01 PM   #350
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Oohhh exciting, you might be able to find the ship it’s on and watch it get unloaded at Southampton.
Appreciate 1
Hartside271.00
      04-28-2024, 05:10 PM   #351
aussietravla
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JotaBoss View Post
Which driving assistant did you pick? I mean base, plus or pro?
Just the base, only wanted the "lane change warning"
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 05:24 PM   #352
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravla View Post
Just the base, only wanted the "lane change warning"
I thought the lane change warning in the mirrors only came with the driving assistant pro, unless it’s changed recently.
Appreciate 0