BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) UK X1/iX1 Order Thread

09-22-2022, 12:58 AM   #45
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I asked my sales person if there were going to be any deleted features, and he told me "no." But mine isn't in production yet, and I realize he may just not know.
He’s probably right but not sure if I would take his word for it before production is complete.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #46
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I asked my sales person if there were going to be any deleted features, and he told me "no." But mine isn't in production yet, and I realize he may just not know.
FWIW, my X1 is on its way to the port and my sales manager told me there was no production code for any missing features. I did tick every option if that matters or not
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 06:03 PM   #47
markd123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240ix

Stopped by dealer today and was told they have heard nothing

I asked them if they had any allocations and he said that "nobody has anything -- it is a new model". They I told him that on the official BMW website his dealer was listed as getting a green one in "soon" so it should be visible in their system. I also told him people have been ordering them. He said "I am a sales manager and I have not heard anything".

Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 09:31 PM   #48
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markd123 View Post
I asked them if they had any allocations and he said that "nobody has anything -- it is a new model". They I told him that on the official BMW website his dealer was listed as getting a green one in "soon" so it should be visible in their system. I also told him people have been ordering them. He said "I am a sales manager and I have not heard anything".

Ugh.
That sux. When I was contacted by my dealer in mid-August after sending them my on-line build, he said “We have allocations available and we can order this for you.” Try another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 11:24 PM   #49
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ugh.
Agreed with above. Try another dealer. My dealer had 3 allocations when I placed the order for mine
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 12:31 AM   #50
harris06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Ugh.
This is complete B.S. I can assure you that they are motivated to sell these. Any dealer worth his/her salt would be able to put you on the waitlist for the future allocations and set realistic expectations on when you can expect to take delivery, though they might not willing to reduce the price below msrp at this point. Interest rates are rising and the dealers would be glad to sell at msrp.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 02:31 AM   #51
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:

Ugh.
I just ordered mine on Monday, after they called me at the end of August to see if I was interested. I was looking at different SUV's before I decided to stick with BMW. They had absolutely no problems ordering one for me, and it went from "order received" to "scheduled for production" within 2 days according to the tracker. And while I got it for MSRP, it's not like there's a lot of room to negotiate right now, especially since they're the only dealer in my state. I'd go somewhere else if I were you, or go ask to talk to his manager.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 10:31 AM   #52
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

Quote:

Ugh.
The green X-line is probably the same one for anyone who builds an X1 on the BMW website. It looks like you are on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast and that one comes up when I build a spec. There are people who have been able to place orders, and receive production numbers, and even some who have cars waiting at the port for shipping. Mine is scheduled for production next week as we ordered the first week in August. Hoping for delivery in November. Just contact another dealer and see what they have to say. When we went into our local dealership and inquired they called within a couple of days later to let us know that they had a vehicle that was allocated and we could build it to our spec, so we did under the understanding that it would be the first custom build for the dealership. We also contacted another local dealer and they had no information on the X1 and told us to reach out in Q4 to learn more.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 12:01 PM   #53
markd123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240ix

another dealer

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will definitely try another dealer. I was just hoping it would be easy because this dealer is 1.5 miles from my house and is the one I use for service. But I am in SoCal so there are also 15 other dealers within easy driving distance.

Does anyone know what happens if you try to build with one of the colors that isn't due until November? Do they just assign you a later build date? Or maybe you can't even place the order? I think it was the Storm Grey or Frozen Grey Metallic. (And maybe I am wrong -- need to find that again to be sure.)

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about the color, so please ignore. It was a different color that will be available in November.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 03:13 PM   #54
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will definitely try another dealer. I was just hoping it would be easy because this dealer is 1.5 miles from my house and is the one I use for service. But I am in SoCal so there are also 15 other dealers within easy driving distance.

Does anyone know what happens if you try to build with one of the colors that isn't due until November? Do they just assign you a later build date? Or maybe you can't even place the order? I think it was the Storm Grey or Frozen Grey Metallic. (And maybe I am wrong -- need to find that again to be sure.)

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about the color, so please ignore. It was a different color that will be available in November.
I would assume if you order Space Gray or Bay Lagoon Blue, which had a November SOP that your vehicle will be held in 111 status (Order Accepted) until they are scheduling for November build weeks. That is what happened to mine until September when SOP for the line started. I would say find a dealer that has an allocation and go from there. They would know the specifics better than a Forum.

Last edited by SeekTheFinest; 09-25-2022 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 09:41 AM   #55
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

As you mentioned, those colors aren't the ones that are SOP november. But, for the ones that are SOP november, you can't even put a build in with those colors yet. They'll likely release the color on bmwusa.com before dealers can submit them as that color.

Quote:

Appreciate 1
tex26702421.50
      09-26-2022, 01:41 PM   #56
harris06
Private First Class
Rep

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...f_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 1
Kromans1177.00
      09-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #57
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris06 View Post
https://www.klineglobalroro.com/schedules/1-1_europe_to_north_america_and_mexico_gulf_schedule .pdf
This is relevant to my interests.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #58
harris06
Private First Class
Rep

Fantastic !! I actually posted this keeping you in mind I'm behind you by around 10 days. Mine changed to "Awaiting carrier assignment" today. Did you get assigned a vessel?
Appreciate 1
Kromans1177.00
      09-26-2022, 04:02 PM   #59
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic !! I actually posted this keeping you in mind I'm behind you by around 10 days. Mine changed to "Awaiting carrier assignment" today. Did you get assigned a vessel?
Thank you! I haven't checked if it's been booked onto a vessel yet, I was going to wait till it's in transit before bothering Genius again. Congrats on awaiting carrier assignment status!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #60
harris06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromans1 View Post
Thank you! I haven't checked if it's been booked onto a vessel yet, I was going to wait till it's in transit before bothering Genius again. Congrats on awaiting carrier assignment status!
Thanks this should be easy for you since there are weekly ships and multiple options to get to baltimore. I called genius today and he said there are no deletions. I also asked about Stop sale campaigns and he said he might get more information later once vessel is assigned. You can call Genius once a week or something like that. I don't think they would be too bothered about frequent calls.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1177.00
      10-11-2022, 10:13 PM   #61
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks this should be easy for you since there are weekly ships and multiple options to get to baltimore. I called genius today and he said there are no deletions. I also asked about Stop sale campaigns and he said he might get more information later once vessel is assigned. You can call Genius once a week or something like that. I don't think they would be too bothered about frequent calls.
Still at the port as of today with no vessel assignment. 😔
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #62
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Still at the port as of today with no vessel assignment. 😔
Same here. Looks like we’re in this for long haul. Possibly 2023
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 11:13 AM   #63
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Bummer. The only silver lining for me is the car in planning to trade in for the X1 was rear-ended a couple weeks ago, and just this morning I dropped it off to be repaired. They told me they could have it up to three weeks! Which under normal circumstances would be decent, but not when I'm panicking about the arrival of the new car.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #64
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Bummer. The only silver lining for me is the car in planning to trade in for the X1 was rear-ended a couple weeks ago, and just this morning I dropped it off to be repaired. They told me they could have it up to three weeks! Which under normal circumstances would be decent, but not when I'm panicking about the arrival of the new car.
Oh yeah, I think you're fine with that repair. BMW doesn't even have a resolution to any of the open TSBs yet and plus it's going to take 2-3 weeks by vessel. So we're looking at a minimum of 2 months at this point
Appreciate 1
Kromans1177.00
      10-12-2022, 04:44 PM   #65
CER
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M Sport

Garage List
2023 X1  [0.00]
If anyone hears any solid information on the delay please post it. I am getting crickets from my dealer and BMW Genius. I am thinking it is a US thing as I am starting to see a lot of new reviews online from other countries so they must be taking deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 05:11 PM   #66
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CER View Post
If anyone hears any solid information on the delay please post it. I am getting crickets from my dealer and BMW Genius. I am thinking it is a US thing as I am starting to see a lot of new reviews online from other countries so they must be taking deliveries.
a lot of those European reviews are pre-production models, not actual salable vehicles. If customers were taking delivery, I would think we'd have heard.
Appreciate 0