BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) can the non-M35i X1 M Sport rear bumper black parts be take off to add exhaust tips?

04-24-2024, 04:56 PM   #1
Petroleum
Private
Rep
Drives: German

can the non-M35i X1 M Sport rear bumper black parts be take off to add exhaust tips?

can the non-M35i X1 M Sport rear bumper black plastic parts be take off to add exhaust tips? (welded to the existing tips that are under the rear)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 10:53 AM   #2
JAYtheVET
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 X23d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroleum View Post
can the non-M35i X1 M Sport rear bumper black plastic parts be take off to add exhaust tips? (welded to the existing tips that are under the rear)
With a Saws-all anything is possible

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Joking aside, the body is the same shape - it should be possible with slight modification. Maybe find a custom shop near you and ask them. It'll surely cost you a little green though.

I wouldn't mind doing this too but think I'll keep mine as is for the foreseeable future. This is my first Diesel car.

Last edited by JAYtheVET; 04-25-2024 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 07:15 AM   #3
Petroleum
Private
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYtheVET View Post
With a Saws-all anything is possible

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Joking aside, the body is the same shape - it should be possible with slight modification. Maybe find a custom shop near you and ask them. It'll surely cost you a little green though.

I wouldn't mind doing this too but think I'll keep mine as is for the foreseeable future. This is my first Diesel car.
went to a local muffler shop that specialize in custom exhaust for Corvettes and Japanese sports cars. The owner showed me several styles of dual exhaust tips that can easily be welded to the existing "hidden" tips on the X1. There was one that I really liked. One on each side, so it will end up looking almost like the quad exhaust tips on the M35i X1. 495 for the two dual-exhaust tips and a few inches of pipes, plus $120 for the labor.

Not sure if I want to go down that road, but worst case, it's easily reversible if I ever change my mind after a few weeks or months.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 10:21 PM   #4
liionel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroleum View Post
went to a local muffler shop that specialize in custom exhaust for Corvettes and Japanese sports cars. The owner showed me several styles of dual exhaust tips that can easily be welded to the existing "hidden" tips on the X1. There was one that I really liked. One on each side, so it will end up looking almost like the quad exhaust tips on the M35i X1. 495 for the two dual-exhaust tips and a few inches of pipes, plus $120 for the labor.

Not sure if I want to go down that road, but worst case, it's easily reversible if I ever change my mind after a few weeks or months.
Would love to see the end result!
Appreciate 0