BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Australia X1/iX1 Order Thread

10-21-2023, 04:12 PM   #111
vrsyd
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive20i M Sport (U11)

Arrow

Nope, I don't see the tyre pressure readings on the instrument cluster or the display. Have no idea how to get it to show either. Also just says "OK" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas View Post
Hello Australians,

Can someone please suggest, if X1 (Australia version) display tyres pressure readings on instrument cluster?

I can only see 'OK' written on screen for all 4 tyres but no numerical measurement of any tyre, is there a problem with configuration I may have done or/ the hardware doesn't support this feature?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 07:47 PM   #112
Jeffsy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

I believe on AU models, tyre pressure monitoring is standard on the iX1 only (not X1).

Last edited by Jeffsy; 10-22-2023 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:30 PM   #113
vikas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBuck View Post
Yes, I see tyre pressure numbers….
Hi,
Could you please confirm, if you have iX1 or X1 ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:33 PM   #114
vikas
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsyd View Post
Nope, I don't see the tyre pressure readings on the instrument cluster or the display. Have no idea how to get it to show either. Also just says "OK" for me.
Yeah, I will speak to bmw genius to confirm.. i tried resetting TPM system but it still shows ‘OK’ only 😒
I think this is an important monitoring tool which is even available in Hyundai venue.. not sure why bmw decided not to provide it in X1
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 09:24 PM   #115
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Ordered my iX1 a week ago. Dealer told me it will be a Dec23 build. Expected delivery in March/April. I believe there are some new features from Nov build. I think there is a new diamond grill, iDrive 9, and a few other items. Can anyone confirm the new features.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 08:23 PM   #116
vikas
Enlisted Member
Rep

New additions to builds from Nov, 2023 onwards..

X1 now can be ordered with "Active Seats with massage functionality" and "Heated steering wheel" as part of enhancement package.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 11:23 PM   #117
Chris_Tas
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 U11

Quote:
X1 now can be ordered with "Active Seats with massage functionality" and "Heated steering wheel" as part of enhancement package.
Just saw it pop up on the configurator and nice addition to my Jan 24 build.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 06:11 PM   #118
Kyr03
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Reading this, I am fearful my seats wont be Alcantara/Sensatec combo as ordered but I may have the Alcantara/Veganza combination.
If that be the case I will be seriously pissed.
Did you get delivery of your iX1 yet? Did you find out if they swapped from Sensatec to Veganza. I had an April build but it got pushed back to July and I am worried that I will also be missing items or have things changed after reading things. I would prefer Sensatec over Veganza from what I have read although my sales person said it is exactly the same thing. My car has finally arrived at the dealership and am going to look at it today. I hope that everything is ok as it has been a really long wait!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 05:13 AM   #119
evad
Rep
Drives: iX1 xdrive30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyr03 View Post
Did you get delivery of your iX1 yet? Did you find out if they swapped from Sensatec to Veganza. I had an April build but it got pushed back to July and I am worried that I will also be missing items or have things changed after reading things. I would prefer Sensatec over Veganza from what I have read although my sales person said it is exactly the same thing. My car has finally arrived at the dealership and am going to look at it today. I hope that everything is ok as it has been a really long wait!

Yes I have delivery and yes it does have the different vegan leather.

The door cards are different too without locking pins and vehicle is a 99% build missing front door sill protectors, glove box light and luggage fixing points in the rear.

To compensate for all the shortcomings my dealer supplied me complementary holes in the front bumper and scratches on the tailgate.
Cant wait to receive a buyers survey from BMW (Bloody Money Wasted)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 05:16 AM   #120
CanaryGSR
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondo

Has anyone tried to get a 3 phase plug for their charger.

The cable looks like you might be able to cut the end off and put a 3 phase plug on as its a weird 4core plus 3 core
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 06:31 AM   #121
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Yes I have delivery and yes it does have the different vegan leather.

The door cards are different too without locking pins and vehicle is a 99% build missing front door sill protectors, glove box light and luggage fixing points in the rear.

To compensate for all the shortcomings my dealer supplied me complementary holes in the front bumper and scratches on the tailgate.
Cant wait to receive a buyers survey from BMW (Bloody Money Wasted)

That is bad.

Accidents can happen in transit but the car shouldn’t have been released from PDI before being repaired. I’m assuming the dealer has agreed to repair the damage under warranty. Maybe, as compensation, push for the sill protectors, glove box light and luggage fixing points to be thrown in.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 06:28 AM   #122
evad
Rep
Drives: iX1 xdrive30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
That is bad.

Accidents can happen in transit but the car shouldn’t have been released from PDI before being repaired. I’m assuming the dealer has agreed to repair the damage under warranty. Maybe, as compensation, push for the sill protectors, glove box light and luggage fixing points to be thrown in.
Assume nothing. Emailed dealer pics with mediocre response.
Got repaired myself and have written off dealer completely.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 06:30 PM   #123
Kjstm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW ix1 drive

Exclamation BMW ix1 shuddering, steering and park break

Hi Brains trust,

I'm hoping you might be able to tell me if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with their brand new BMWix1 drive (electric).

Firstly i want to say the service team at BMW are doing a fantastic job but after yesterday I am unsure of next steps and am genuinely concerned for my safety, as i do alot of highway driving each week.

I have had the car for 8 weeks and from the first day i noticed when im travelling between 101-107kms an hour the car would shudder. And the bumpiness (not sure of the technical term) has been like driving was like an old 4x4 (tyers have been checked several times, rotated and new tyre have been tested on car, yet the shuddering still occurs). The more i drive the car, the more the shuddering, and then the shuddering occurs at lower speeds, and the shuddering is most prominent when I'm turning.

I am also experiencing that i have to overcorrect the steering and last week I had a incident where the car was steering towards an embankment.

Also I'm concerned the park break is not activating when the car is stationery.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced something similar with their BMW iX1 as I'm feeling quite unsafe driving the car, which is only 8 weeks old.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 05:16 AM   #124
Jimbo77
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 u11 msport

I picked up my car 29 Dec build date around 11 September and it came with the hands free kick tailgate.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 07:18 AM   #125
Fknid
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjstm View Post
Hi Brains trust,

I'm hoping you might be able to tell me if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with their brand new BMWix1 drive (electric).

Firstly i want to say the service team at BMW are doing a fantastic job but after yesterday I am unsure of next steps and am genuinely concerned for my safety, as i do alot of highway driving each week.

I have had the car for 8 weeks and from the first day i noticed when im travelling between 101-107kms an hour the car would shudder. And the bumpiness (not sure of the technical term) has been like driving was like an old 4x4 (tyers have been checked several times, rotated and new tyre have been tested on car, yet the shuddering still occurs). The more i drive the car, the more the shuddering, and then the shuddering occurs at lower speeds, and the shuddering is most prominent when I'm turning.

I am also experiencing that i have to overcorrect the steering and last week I had a incident where the car was steering towards an embankment.

Also I'm concerned the park break is not activating when the car is stationery.

I'm wondering has anyone else experienced something similar with their BMW iX1 as I'm feeling quite unsafe driving the car, which is only 8 weeks old.
How do you know that this is this not the lane keeping assistance?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:33 PM   #126
sxc
Rep
Drives: X1

Getting pretty bad city fuel consumption in inner Sydney. Around 12 L/100km. Yes a lot of start/stop in inner Sydney. I had one trip from the city to the airport on southern cross drive that averaged 5.8L but that’s been the only “good” trip.

How are others’ fuel consumption? X1 xdrive18i
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:32 AM   #127
vikas
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Getting pretty bad city fuel consumption in inner Sydney. Around 12 L/100km. Yes a lot of start/stop in inner Sydney. I had one trip from the city to the airport on southern cross drive that averaged 5.8L but that’s been the only “good” trip.

How are others’ fuel consumption? X1 xdrive18i
Under mixed (city/highway) usage: Roughly 6.2 l/100kms mileage [Personal mode with start/stop deactivated]
** X1 sdrive 18i
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 05:21 AM   #128
Tazz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50d (2019), BMW X1 20i

Quote:
Under mixed (city/highway) usage: Roughly 6.2 l/100kms mileage [Personal mode with start/stop deactivated]
** X1 sdrive 18i
i have got the xdrive 20i and get about 5.8L/100km.

I do alot of highway driving ( got. 40,000km in a little over a year), which is probs why. wish i had the 55l fuel tank tho. also on the digital art mode
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 12:04 AM   #129
yikes297
Registered
Rep

Reviving an old thread. I ordered 2024 X1 about 2 weeks ago with estimated delivery Aug 2024. Anyone else in Australia placed order around the same time frame?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 03:39 AM   #130
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes297 View Post
Reviving an old thread. I ordered 2024 X1 about 2 weeks ago with estimated delivery Aug 2024. Anyone else in Australia placed order around the same time frame?
My X1 M35i Nov build just arrived at Port Kembla..
2 more weeks.. yay
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 06:12 PM   #131
yikes297
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
My X1 M35i Nov build just arrived at Port Kembla..
2 more weeks.. yay
Can I say it was a five-month wait for you?

Congrats on your new car!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 06:51 PM   #132
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes297 View Post
Can I say it was a five-month wait for you?

Congrats on your new car!
Thanks..
Not really a 5 month wait..
Order was placed on 12th January and picked up a car that was already manufactured in November 2023 and was sitting at BMW Germany stock as cancelled order.
Just had to wait for the shipping.
The car ticked all the boxes so just took it..
Storm Bay Metallic.
M Alcantara/Veganza combination | Black/contrast stitching Blue.
20" M Lt/Aly wheels Y-spoke style 872 M
M Sport Package Pro
Appreciate 0