BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Some xLine changes for MY24 in the UK

07-19-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
10woo
Rep
Drives: X1 (U11) xLine on order

Some xLine changes for MY24 in the UK

I ordered a UK-spec sDrive 20i xLine a couple of weeks ago. I was invited back to the dealer yesterday to discuss changes to my order since he had just received details of BMW’s revised UK offering for MY24 builds (beginning in November). These changes do not currently show on the public BMW UK website configurator.

Should anyone else here have a UK xLine in the pipeline, the key points (for me) were:
a) The Comfort Pack has been discontinued. The electric memory seats, the active seat for driver and the heated steering wheel are all now standalone options for UK xLine buyers. Buying all three would now cost £1180 (as opposed to £1105 for the previous Comfort Pack) – but I was never worried about the heated steering wheel, so that’s a tiny win.
b) There is no change to the Technology Pack.
c) The Luxury Instrument Panel is no longer included with the xLine and is not an option. The xLine will get the plainer Sport offering.
d) The xLine (and the Sport, I believe) no longer come with Sport Seats as standard. Instead, those seats are a £375 option. As it happens, I wasn’t sure that I even wanted the Sport Seats in place of the Comfort/Regular seat offered in other markets – so this has made my mind up for me.

According to my dealer, nothing else significant (to me, at least) appears to have changed for the UK xLine in MY24. I did half-see over the dealer’s shoulder that there seemed to be a difference in the size of the standard wheels being offered with the M Sport, due to supply issues, so anyone with an M Sport on the way in the UK just might want to check that out.

Oh, and no change in the (un)likely delivery date, obviously…
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 09:21 AM   #2
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 30e

And any reduction in the list price to reflect these changes?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #3
10woo
Rep

No, the base price for our xLine is unchanged. Ditto the cost of the paint, the Technology Pack and the leather seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 09:45 AM   #4
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

The alcantara sport seats are fantastic, some of the best I have had in a car.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 10:55 AM   #5
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10woo View Post
No, the base price for our xLine is unchanged. Ditto the cost of the paint, the Technology Pack and the leather seats.
With the downgrading of the instrument panel and seats it sounds like a price increase by stealth then🙁.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:10 AM   #6
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
With the downgrading of the instrument panel and seats it sounds like a price increase by stealth then🙁.
Was thinking the same myself, an odd decision really the X-Line was always the premium not support version, makes it a little more difficult to go for if they are compromising that view to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:52 AM   #7
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Elpus View Post
Have they made any comment about the iDrive version it will come with? Are they sticking with v9 or have they gone back to v8 for the UK?

It would be very useful to know for us who are suffering the unfinished v9.
The view has been via BMW that ID9 will come to all models and markets from November 23. That might slip back but that was the aim, only ICE models in the UK today.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #8
10woo
Rep

My updated contract (yesterday) and my original (early July) contract both say ID9
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2023, 12:13 PM   #9
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

All ICE into UK are id9 and I highly doubt will go back to id8 now. The biggest issue seems to be if you have Android but id8 has it’s own bugs so neither are fool proof. From what I understand if you look at most if not all similar computer based systems from all manufacturers they all have their foibles…

Nature of the beast just like every now and again I have to force restart my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:18 PM   #10
beemerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x1

UK X1 drivers are being used as a test bed by BMW before the iDrive 9 rollout worldwide.

Android Auto or Carplay-based car OSes are the future, Volvo had similar teething issues with its first Android Auto iteration but is now one of the best car systems to use, hopefully the same with BMW's iDrive 9.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:24 PM   #11
beemerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
c) The Luxury Instrument Panel is no longer included with the xLine and is not an option. The xLine will get the plainer Sport offering.
Is this accurate worldwide? I'm Aussie and have requested a MY24 built iX1 to get iDrive 9 specifically, but I obviously don't want any downgrades and the loss of Luxury Instrument Panel. My dealer hasn't mentioned anything and is unaware of your change list aside from MY24 models getting iDrive 9.

What is the difference between Luxury Instrument Panel vs Sports panel?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #12
beemerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Another member posted this in another thread:

below items are getting changed from Jul, 2023 on BMW X1 Australia variant.

1.) Veganza seats ( which is a welcome change due to its more premium & soft material).
2.) Personal 5G eSim in Infotainment unit. (again a welcome addition)
3.) Improved rear headrest design (possibly aesthics change)
3.) Removal of light from glove box section.
4.) Removal of 'BMW' written sill plates from front doors.
5.) Dual stiching pattern modified to single (or partition less pattern) on the inside of front doors.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 04:39 PM   #13
Yorksdales66
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 20i X Line

Quote:
I ordered a UK-spec sDrive 20i xLine a couple of weeks ago. I was invited back to the dealer yesterday to discuss changes to my order since he had just received details of BMW’s revised UK offering for MY24 builds (beginning in November). These changes do not currently show on the public BMW UK website configurator.

Should anyone else here have a UK xLine in the pipeline, the key points (for me) were:
a) The Comfort Pack has been discontinued. The electric memory seats, the active seat for driver and the heated steering wheel are all now standalone options for UK xLine buyers. Buying all three would now cost £1180 (as opposed to £1105 for the previous Comfort Pack) – but I was never worried about the heated steering wheel, so that’s a tiny win.
b) There is no change to the Technology Pack.
Quote:
d) The xLine (and the Sport, I believe) no longer come with Sport Seats as standard. Instead, those seats are a £375 option. As it happens, I wasn’t sure that I even wanted the Sport Seats in place of the Comfort/Regular seat offered in other markets – so this has made my mind up for me.

According to my dealer, nothing else significant (to me, at least) appears to have changed for the UK xLine in MY24. I did half-see over the dealer’s shoulder that there seemed to be a difference in the size of the standard wheels being offered with the M Sport, due to supply issues, so anyone with an M Sport on the way in the UK just might want to check that out.

Oh, and no change in the (un)likely delivery date, obviously…

I ordered an Xline in august and the contract has code 4NW Luxury Instrument panel as a standard option.

From what I understand the luxury instrument panel is soft touch covered and stitched dash top wheras the Sport has hard plastic dash top.
Appreciate 0