BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) MY24 X1 Individual Information (incl. Guides, resources, etc.) - North America

03-30-2024, 03:30 AM   #1
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

MY24 X1 Individual Information (incl. Guides, resources, etc.) - North America

Hellooo Everyone!

I recently posted a lot of good, valuable resources under a recent X1 thread, but I feel all of this might be missed or overlooked, and so I wanted to create a MY24 X1 Individual thread so any and all information can be found in one, dedicated thread for 2024 X1's.

That said, down below I have copied and paste what I wrote in that recent thread and so I hope this information can benefit anyone that is thinking of Individualizing their X1!

Lastly, I would highly encourage anyone with an individual X1/X2 (U10/U11) to share their experience (incl. Journey, Window Stickers, etc.)

DISCLAIMERS:
- All information provided in this thread is based on the North American (NA) region and so those in other regions may have a different experience.
- This post was made on 3.28.24 for the MY24 X1 only and so some of the information and content in this post may change in the future, become outdated, or may not be accessible (e.g., I would image that the link to the Fire Orange X1 - M35i that is currently for sale at BMW of Seattle will either become inaccessible or broken once the vehicle is sold)!
- As mentioned above, I made this post while responding to someone on this forum, and so some of language and grammar seen here may be slightly off.
- Despite this thread being solely dedicated to a MY24 X1, I am sure some of the resources/information/guides will carry over and be applied to future X1's and the X2

That said, I hope this can benefit y'all and I would highly encourage anyone who individualize their MY24 X1 to share their experience!
NOTE/REQUEST: Anyone who would like to share their Window Sticker, please omit/crop out the Vin!

MY24 X1 Individual Pricing:

As of now, BOTH the 2024 BMW X1 - xDrive28i and the X1 - M35i can be ordered with an individual/special color at a cost of $3,000.
- I think $3,000 for an individual paint job is a steal and I would most definitely go down the individual route if I were to get an X1, regardless of trim!
NOTE: Individual paint on other 2024 BMW models can also be had, but are more expensive than the X1 - usually between $4,500 - $5,500!

Seattle BMW has an X1 - M35i that is wearing "Fire Orange III"! Although they do not provide a picture of the window sticker, the pricing guide has "special paint color" priced at $3,000 and you can use that as a reference!

I'll provide some extra individual paint resources for the 2024 X1 down below (incl. Pricing guide)

WARNING/NOTE: In my honest opinion - BMW's Individual Configurator (U.S.) is an absolute joke and is close to useless! I would only use it to see what color(s) your X1 can be had in and nothing else. If you want to see what the color ACTUALLY looks like, then I would recommend searching the forums for pictures and videos! The "Individual" program is very common and popular amongst the M - Drivers and so scrolling through the M forums would be a great place to see individual colors and hear people's experience!
NOTE: BMW of Mountain View is a great resource to use, as he/they record all their videos in 4K quality and there you can find many unique BMW's (incl. Individual colors, unique options, M - Performance Accessories, etc.) - I'll include a link to their YouTube page down below!
- Lastly, in my opinion, I find BMW's blues are NOT photo friendly and so colors like Tanzanite Blue, Midnight Blue, and/or Petrol Mica Metallic need to be seen in person, under the sun! Another example is Dravit Grey and you will see yellow/gold crystals in the vehicles paint while viewing the car in direct sunlight in the evening.

MY24 X1 Additional Resources:

1. Fire Orange III X1 - M35i (incl. Link)

- Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-27 172916.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  243.8 KB

LINK: https://www.bmwseattle.com/inventory...3ef04r5y04031/

2. MY24 Pricing Guide for Individual Paint

- Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-27 173424.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  148.8 KB

3. Example: My individual X1 would be painted in "Petrol Mica Metallic" - down below is an example from BMW's individual configurator and a link to the Petrol Mica Metallic thread that I started in the X7 (G07) forum lol
- Petrol Mica Metallic will appear as Black while viewing the color in overcast weather conditions or areas of poor lighting!
- Down below is a link to an X7 thread where you can see some really good photos of an X7 and an XM that is wearing Petrol Mica Metallic!

- Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-27 173452.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  84.8 KB

LINK: https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2082935

4. BMW of Mountain View's YouTube Channel - He/They post a lot of individual colors, and not only does he/they film in 4K quality, but he/they also includes a picture of the window sticker!
As mentioned above, his/their YouTube page is a GREAT RESOURCE for those wanting to see Individual colors, cars with unique/different options and specs, and/or vehicles with M - Performance Accessories!

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/@BMWofMountainViewGeniuses

That being said, please keep us posted and let me (us) know if you have any additional questions! We all family!

Regardless, I think the X1 is one of the handful of BMW models that can get away (and look good) with any color; just like the M3 and M8 for example! lol

Keep us posted!

Best,
Cameron (I drive a 2021 BMW 330i - his name is "Hrag") lol
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 03:44 AM   #2
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

What's Poppin Y'all?

I wanted to add one more thing! Down below a is link to BMW of North America's Individual M visualizer website and this link will specifically take you to where you can see a list of unique/individual colors (incl. Their code/internal names). Once here you can navigate their website and you can configure your own BMW, see their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's), etc.

As mentioned this link is for the North American Region! However, you can change the region in the upper right corner to match the region that you are in!

LINK: https://individual.bmw-m.com/en-US/colors

Best,
Cameron
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 01:35 PM   #3
ranceny00
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i

Lots of great info there. We ordered an Individual color (Tanzanite Blue II) and paid $3k for it. Here's how it went down:

In September 2023, we decided on a 2024 X1 m35i but wanted to see the colors in person before ordering. Unfortunately, it was really difficult to find one on a lot anywhere near us, so we looked at online pictures and drove around and found some of the colors on other model cars nearby. We weren't thrilled with any of them and kept coming back to Tanzanite (British Racing Green was a close second). I found it available on the Individual M visualizer website.

I reached out to our local dealer and was initially told "It doesn't come in any individual colors" except Frozen Gray. We immediately switched sales advisors but ran into a wall when that one emailed his special order advisor who said Tanzanite wasn't available and we could go with San Marino blue. We weren't thrilled with that, but wanted to talk in person to see what else we could do since we new SMB couldn't be the "only" individual option.

On a Saturday in mid-October we went into the dealership to select our options on an allocation that was about to flip to 150 and had a production date of mid-November. While talking about the color, another sales advisor overheard us and said that if it showed on the visualizer, it was available. Ours insisted Tanzanite wasn't there, and the special order advisor had also said it wasn't, but I was SURE I saw it. While he was trying on his computer, I got on my phone and pulled it up. That's when I had an "aha moment" and noticed we were all spelling it "Tanzanite" (as we've seen everywhere else) but that it's actually spelled "Tansanit" on the visualizer website.

At that point our SA updated our order for the special paint and said he'd confirm on Monday. Our persistence paid off and it was confirmed.

Key dates:

14-Oct 112 Scheduled for production (status at time of order)
16-Oct 102 Order Received (individual color)
30-Nov 111 Order Received
01-Dec 112 Scheduled for production
06-Dec 150 Production begins*
23-Jan 151 Exterior body assembly begins
24-Jan 152 In the Paint Booth
25-Jan 153 Entering Assembly Line
25-Jan 154 Assembly in Progress
25-Jan 155 Quality Check
26-Jan 182 Awaiting carrier assignment
27-Jan 190 Dispatched from the factory
29-Jan 193 At the port
02-Feb 195 In Transit
16-Feb 193 At the port
21-Feb 195 In Transit
21-Feb 198 At the Dealership
23-Feb PICKED UP!

*BMW plant shut down for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan

She needs a cleaning here and we need to do a proper photo shoot, but she's still a pretty car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0