BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) "Camera failure" message. All 4 cameras on X1 aren't working, even in Drive Recorder?

05-09-2024, 06:33 PM   #1
Petroleum
Private
Rep
Drives: German

"Camera failure" message. All 4 cameras on X1 aren't working, even in Drive Recorder?

When I shift into reverse, I get this "Camera failure" message.

All 4 cameras on my 2023 X1 xdrive28i aren't working, even in Drive Recorder? I also tried shifting to D and got the same message. (4 camera = front, rear, left mirror, right mirror)

Edit: when the "Camera failure" message appears, the factory navigation system also does not work because the AR view requires the cameras.

Called BMW USA's help line and was connected to a BMW Genius technician. She took over my X1 by initiating a remote diagnostics. She saw an error between the car's primary computer and the parking camera module.(which controls all 4 parking cameras)

Has anyone encountered this before?

The BMW Genius technician told me to call my BMW dealer to schedule an appointment tomorrow. Not really looking forward to that because I know they usually have a long backlog of 2 weeks or more.
Attached Images

Last edited by Petroleum; 05-11-2024 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 01:12 AM   #2
Joaste
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive30e

I've had that a couple of times in the past, but the issue resolved itself after rebooting iDrive.

It has not happened again since the latest updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 06:04 AM   #3
Petroleum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaste View Post
I've had that a couple of times in the past, but the issue resolved itself after rebooting iDrive.

It has not happened again since the latest updates.
thanks!

woke up this morning.... started the X1 and the camera problem was gone. all cameras functioning properly right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 11:54 AM   #4
Petroleum
Private
Rep

update:

camera failure message appeared again. BMW Genius and the dealer decided that it was not safe for me to drive until the camera error is corrected. They sent a flatbed to my house and towed it back to the dealership. Hopefully, they'll let me know in a day or two. I declined a loaner because it would have to be a Chevy Tahoe.(the only thing that Enterprise had yesterday)
Appreciate 0