BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Does the X1 have a massage seat option?

11-19-2023, 01:52 AM   #45
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

Yeah had mine since June and works fine 👍
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 11:33 PM   #46
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsj View Post
Has anyone taken delivery of a car without the Active seats option? Just trying to confirm whether massage seats are included as standard or if I need to spec active seats. I think massage is probably standard as it's on both front seats, active seats only mentioned driver seats.

The BMW configurator is that vague it's actually making me think twice about my order now as I've no idea what spec is or isn't included, and the dealership haven't got a clue either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Active seats are the massage seats and it’s only on the drivers seats, they are ok and do work but they are a bit of a gimmick. Also we have found that sometimes when you turn them off they don’t default back to the default place and leave the seats uncomfortable. Only way to get the seat back then is to press the memory seat button to get things back to how you set it.
As Monty said, active seats are the massage seats. However, the active seats are also available for the front passenger. I have the active seats for both.

Also as Monty said, they don’t always go back to default position, so you have to manually do that with the memory seat button or the active seat buttons (for driver) or using the active seat buttons (for passenger, since no memory function is available for front passenger).

At the end of the day, I’m not sure how useful they are. Maybe for long drives when you start to feel stiff, but so far I’ve used them only twice
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 01:30 AM   #47
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX1 XDrive30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
As Monty said, active seats are the massage seats. However, the active seats are also available for the front passenger. I have the active seats for both.

Also as Monty said, they don’t always go back to default position, so you have to manually do that with the memory seat button or the active seat buttons (for driver) or using the active seat buttons (for passenger, since no memory function is available for front passenger).

At the end of the day, I’m not sure how useful they are. Maybe for long drives when you start to feel stiff, but so far I’ve used them only twice
Thanks, that's helpful.

Does anyone know if this another option that's available to enable later like heated steering wheel or do you have to spec it when placing an order so the hardware is present?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 01:39 AM   #48
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsj View Post
Thanks, that's helpful.

Does anyone know if this another option that's available to enable later like heated steering wheel or do you have to spec it when placing an order so the hardware is present?
Unfortunately, you can only add these during the ordering stage as the active seats get physical buttons on the chair (see photo)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mootsj22.00
      11-20-2023, 01:52 AM   #49
Mootsj
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX1 XDrive30 MSport

Quote:
Unfortunately, you can only add these during the ordering stage as the active seats get physical buttons on the chair (see photo)
Great, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 02:24 AM   #50
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

We got the active seats in a pack at the time along with memory seats etc. would I buy it separately, no its a gimmick that we have tired a few times and then left, its a bit of a pain when it doesn't return back to normal when you turn it off whilst driving.

We don't do many long journeys in her car though but even so if it was on its own I'd probably put my money into something else if the budget was tight.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 11:55 AM   #51
m11keyryder
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 320 & ix1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
The content of the comfort pack in the uk is listed below, I’ve highlighted the active / massage seats.
Active Seat, Driver
Electric Front Seats + Driver Memory
Heated Steering Wheel
Hi guys new here placed an order for my m sport should arrive march i'm told. I just want to make sure of a few things as there's a short window to make amendments.

I want the massage seats, which i never knew they were an option until i came on here, so thank you very much.

I have ordered the memory seats for both seats, what i need to know is i can't see the option for both front seats. or do i order the £250 option and I get both? Any help would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #52
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m11keyryder View Post
Hi guys new here placed an order for my m sport should arrive march i'm told. I just want to make sure of a few things as there's a short window to make amendments.

I want the massage seats, which i never knew they were an option until i came on here, so thank you very much.

I have ordered the memory seats for both seats, what i need to know is i can't see the option for both front seats. or do i order the £250 option and I get both? Any help would be appreciated
You need to order the “active seats” option to get the massage function. The memory seats option is something else entirely and only available for driver seat
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:01 PM   #53
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

The active/massage seat is only available on the drivers seat, don’t know why but that’s BMW for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:05 PM   #54
m11keyryder
Registered
Rep

Quote:
You need to order the “active seats” option to get the massage function. The memory seats option is something else entirely and only available for driver seat
Thank you will add to my oder tomorrow do you know if thats for one seat or two? how do i get it for both front seats?

Sorry for all these questions
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:09 PM   #55
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you will add to my oder tomorrow do you know if thats for one seat or two? how do i get it for both front seats?

Sorry for all these questions
You can choose for either the driver seat alone or for both front seats. The difference in price is about 200 euro.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:19 PM   #56
m11keyryder
Registered
Rep

Quote:
You can choose for either the driver seat alone or for both front seats. The difference in price is about 200 euro.
Looking online they only appear to be offering drivers set options
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 01:09 PM   #57
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looking online they only appear to be offering drivers set options
If I’m not mistaken, the front passenger seat has to have the electric adjustment option selected in order for active seat option to become available
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #58
COOLGREANY
Riding BMWs since 1977
Rep
Drives: 24 xDrive28i Space Silver

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunners View Post
The active/massage seat is only available on the drivers seat, don’t know why but that’s BMW for you.
That may be country dependent. The USA MY24 28i has the option for both seats.

455 Active Front Seats incl. Lumbar Support $450
      12-10-2023, 01:41 PM   #59
Tunners
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLGREANY View Post
That may be country dependent. The USA MY24 28i has the option for both seats.

455 Active Front Seats incl. Lumbar Support $450
Yes it seems to be that way, I still can’t figure out why some things are available and some are not in different markets.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 02:25 PM   #60
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunners View Post
Yes it seems to be that way, I still can’t figure out why some things are available and some are not in different markets.
Story of every BMW owner’s life….

Some examples of missing/different in EU vs USA:
  • lock/unlock button on door for front passenger
  • Adaptive cup holders
  • Different setup of rear passenger headrests
  • USA no longer has M badges on the side (even for the M35i)
  • Right hand side X1 cars have the “older” memory seat buttons placement on the seat itself, whereas left hand side X1 cars have this placement on the door
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 05:58 PM   #61
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Story of every BMW owner’s life….

Some examples of missing/different in EU vs USA:
  • lock/unlock button on door for front passenger
  • Adaptive cup holders
  • Different setup of rear passenger headrests
  • USA no longer has M badges on the side (even for the M35i)
  • Right hand side X1 cars have the “older” memory seat buttons placement on the seat itself, whereas left hand side X1 cars have this placement on the door
Don't even get me started on how I was able to order active seats with massaging function on my X1... but I can't order massage seat for the 530i that I have on order. According to folks in Germany, massage seat is also not offered on the new 5-series(530i/540i) for German and EU customers as well, so I guess I don't feel so bad.

BMW is not a very logical company, eh?

https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2065918
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 04:35 AM   #62
sclord
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11

Quote:
If I’m not mistaken, the front passenger seat has to have the electric adjustment option selected in order for active seat option to become available
I don't have electric adjustment on front seats, but have active massage seats for both.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 07:40 AM   #63
m11keyryder
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclord View Post
I don't have electric adjustment on front seats, but have active massage seats for both.
Ok just spoke to the dealer and order the massage drivers seat as advised here. Only drivers seat is available in the UK.

What is concerning though is the dealer never knew about the massage function on the seats (Thank god there are forums like this). I have terrible back issues so this function will come in handy.

Thanks for all your help and input roll on March 2024
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 09:15 AM   #64
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Ok just spoke to the dealer and order the massage drivers seat as advised here. Only drivers seat is available in the UK.

What is concerning though is the dealer never knew about the massage function on the seats (Thank god there are forums like this). I have terrible back issues so this function will come in handy.

Thanks for all your help and input roll on March 2024
my BMW dealer also did not know about it when I placed my order last years. I kept telling them that I want the Active Seats because that option included massaging function. They literally told me that I had faulty information. To be honest, at that time, even the BMW USA website didn't really describe Active Seats very well.

When my X1 finally arrived in April, my salesman was very amazed to see me activate the massaging function on both front seats by pressing the buttons on the side of the seats. Even the sales manager walked into the delivery room and commented "oh, interesting, guess we'll have to tell our other X1 customers about it!" Up until that point, they said they had delivered 20 or so X1s with another 20+ ordered by customers. I was the *only* one who ordered it with Active Seats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0